WizardEntertainment.com's Top 100 Action Figures

Mr March

Wizard Entertainment has a big list of the Top 100 action figures according to them. Our 1/48 Scale Yamato VF-1A makes the cut at number 45 on the list, but is credited as a "Veritech" from "Robotech" despite being a Japanese product directly for Macross. Not sure how the hell to even contact them to note the error.

Top 100 Action Figures, Page 3 (Yamato VF-1A 1/48 Scale at #45)

Anyway, it's good news...sort of...:)

Edited by Mr March

They just do that type thing because they probably think the majority of the readers only know of robotech, which is probably true.

they actually have it labled as 1/60th scale though they picture a 1/48.

Oh geez that's just silly, haha.

I agree about #1 and #2 though... Prime ranks as my Number 1 toy made of all time and I hate TFs. And that Spider-Man is plain kickass. #2 for me is the 1/48 though.

As much as I love my Prime, it in no way is better than my worst 1/48. This was a pretty bad list. It should have been labelled top 100 American Action figures. Muppets better than SOC, Revoltech's or 1/60 or 1/48 yamato's??? NFWay.

Yeah, I love to read ToyFare, which this list is from, but they really know NOTHING at all about non-American toys... they occasionally try to mention some import JP toys and end up failing miserably bc/ they have no idea what they are talking about... and yeah, there are multiple SoC toys that should be on that list before many of the 'normal action figures'.

I know I am off topic here, but what is this Wizard World Texas thing? It doesn't say much. Would it be a cool thig to do for a toy fan?

Wizard World is their convention they have that covers all facets of geek entertainment (I read Wizard magazine religously). They have about 4 or 5 a year. It originaly started in Chicago, then they had an East and West version, and then they opened up more locations in between as the conventions started getting bigger every year. They have all the top comic artist, writers, toy exclusive from all the top companies, and high profile actors and actresses. It is like a scaled down San Diego Comic Con but run by Wizard and travels across the country. Unfortunately i still haven't been able to go to one but one day i will.

The poor taste in the list is part of the reason I posted it. If any of these guys had a clue the superior quality of most japanese imports, the majority of these picks would never have made the cut. Inferior sculpts, inferior articulation, you name it. Still, I guess we can be thankful that a Yamato and a Revoltech actually make an appearance, though it is tragic that they chose two shots that barely show off any of the amazing articulation possible for these two toys.

Well... it is an American toy magazine, with fairly close ties to most American toy companies, so not making the list primarily imports is understandable. I would expect a similar list made in a Japanese magazine to similarly ignore most American releases. Of course, they'd be correct.

I think the list is inherently flawed from the beginning, considering that most of these toys aren't technically action figures. It would be better broken up into categories that make some sort of sense. I mean, how do you compare a Yamato to a Hulk figure?

Man, the editors need to double check their info on some of the import toys cuz they are off.

i'm a fan of robotech/macross and that photo is a 1/48.

i'm also a gundam fan, and that perfect grade they're showing is 12 inches tall, not "nearly two feet tall"....ah geeez.

man, i have a takara prime and the 18" spiderman with 67 p.o.a....does that make me special?

Wow, Yamato ranked right above the Wal-Mart Devastator exclusive. I think that sums this list up pretty well!

The very fact that Wal-Mart Devestator ranks above an alternator should be a hint that this list is total BS. The very fact that the Wal-mart Devestator made the list actually should be a pretty good hint that this list is BS. Other than that, while I do agree with the general sentiment that most Japanese import toys are superior, this is an American toy magazine, aimed at American readers. By that I mean, while say, the SOC Gunbuster is flat out a superior toy to wetsuit Laura Croft, the Gunbuster isn't going to be recognized by an American audience as readily. What does make me mad about this list is that Hot Toy's Predator, and Robocop, along with Medicom's Darth Vader ranked below some cheap American action figures. These are iconic AMERICAN characters, and these are truly superior toys to say, I dunno, toy biz's bowser (ironically a crappy American toy based on a really cool japanese character) that ranked above the Medicom Vader or mecha hulk that ranked above both Hot Toys figures.

This is kind of like the Oscars, where foreign films are relegated to small, less than significant, corner of the ceremony.

Edited by GobotFool

i used to read their mag regularly but its really one sided and doesn't really cover all toys. No SOC no Aoshima no Fewture and

for Pete's Sake its a 1/48 Vf made by Yamato made Famous by Macross it not a veritech :angry:

and it should be #1 then Spider man for its nice articulation and then Prime.

Actually they could have done two lists one for American products and one for Imports.