Warhammer 40k

briscojr84

2 hours ago, Kelsain said:

I figured those were Bandai. I’m surprised they went to those chapters, instead of Blood Angels.

That might be the assault interrcesor that just got released in standard scale. Heavy version is either going to be space wolf or iron hands.

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 11:07 AM, Focslain said:

That might be the assault interrcesor that just got released in standard scale. Heavy version is either going to be space wolf or iron hands.

super long shot here but... blood Angels vanguard infiltrator please.

BloodAngelsVanguardSpaceMarine.jpg

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Dax415 said:

Has anyone done a comparison of the Bandai and McFarlane figures yet?  Was curious about the articulation in each.  Thanks

I did way back when I first got one.  The figure isn’t as good as the Bandai in terms of plastic quality and articulation but the Bandai articulation isn’t so much more good that paying an extra $80 is worth it.

• 7 months later...
16 hours ago, levzloi said:

Genestealers! Yes! The Tyranid incursion has begun!

Now we need Tactical Terminator Armours.😀

Seems JoyToy is doing a Incusor squad.  Article from WarCom. They hit pre-order next week.

IW6HhzAPVDPMqSct.jpg

Seems that GW is spreading their IP around to things other then video games.  Also anyone here get in on the Warhammer+ service? I did but wanted to get other opinions that have. 

Edited by Focslain

I really want to like these, I'm trying hard to like them because infiltrators are my favorite space marine unit type. But man do those stupid antenna spikes ruin the look for me. I get that concessions have to be made do to the nature of miniatures but there's no reason to copy those compromises when you're making a significantly larger articulated figure.

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I really want to like these, I'm trying hard to like them because infiltrators are my favorite space marine unit type. But man do those stupid antenna spikes ruin the look for me. I get that concessions have to be made do to the nature of miniatures but there's no reason to copy those compromises when you're making a significantly larger articulated figure.

Yeah, they could do something a bit more realistic at that larger scale, like maybe a flexible more "whip-like" antenna set-up.

One minor beef I have with these is the weathering; it looks a little too mundane and uniform over the entire armor. While I'm not saying they should make them look blood-soaked and dinged to rusted pieces (not to mention each added paint operation would add to the cost), perhaps a dark wash would help.

Something I had in mind while thinking about this (not exactly Incursor Squadron, but still Space Marine):

2 hours ago, Focslain said:

Seems JoyToy is doing a Incusor squad.  Article from WarCom. They hit pre-order next week.

IW6HhzAPVDPMqSct.jpg

Seems that GW is spreading their IP around to things other then video games.  Also anyone here get in on the Warhammer+ service? I did but wanted to get other opinions that have. 

The fact that that GW's is acting like a typical corporation and killing great things like Emperor TTS makes me never want to give them another dollar again.  That series was soooo over the top witty and hilarious, but GW doesn't control it soooooo...... dead. 

54 minutes ago, levzloi said:

The fact that that GW's is acting like a typical corporation and killing great things like Emperor TTS makes me never want to give them another dollar again.  That series was soooo over the top witty and hilarious, but GW doesn't control it soooooo...... dead. 

GW didn't kill TTS, Albafusa rolled over like a fainting goat. He was running on fumes and the discord around the IP gave him an easy out. 

Fact no YT channel has been hit with a C&D from GW since the 'update' outside one that was hit by mistake and they apologized for it.