Macross Action Figures?

miriya

The potential is there for really nice articulating macross action figures.

Yamato is making these Votoms figures that look great (a bit pricey though) and they could easily make nice Macross figures. Link: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34529

Revoltech's Fraulein line looks great too and makes me think that they could do the characters of Macross in this style. Link: http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/10...lein+Revoltech/

So, will either of them do it?

Will both of them do it?

Will neither of them do it?

Would any of us buy them? (I would)...

My wish-list for Macross figures in one of these styles (probably prefer the revoltech but would be happy with yamato):

Milia

Misa

Claudia

Hikaru

Roy

Gloval

Zentraedi Warrior

Max

Bridge Bunnies set

Minmei

Kamjin

Laplamiz

Bretai

Exadol

I'll be one of the guys to say I don't like the poseability of the revoltech line. The shoulders in particular frustrate me on my Eva-04 figure. The upper arm twists all over the place and I'm always struggling to not accidentally break the shoulder joint while posing the arm because of that particular kind of ball joint. I love the way the revoltech line looks though, for the most part. :)

If there were to be Macross action figures, I'd want something more along the poseability of the Saint Cloth Myth line by Bandai, with the joints better hidden like the fraulein line revoltechs.

I dunno if i would get em, and Im a big action figure collector. mainly because they arent really cool figures ina way. I mean they're pilots; without soemthing to fly its justa guy ina suit. U could give em a pistoli spose, but...nah, the lil statue things are enough for me.

1/18 scale would be my choice, so we could have some reasonably sized Valkyries (at least VF1) without them being absolutely massive. 1/36 or 1/48 would probably be best, but I wouldn't be opposed to a 1/60 style scale that could remind me of Exo Squad.

Speaking of 1/6 figures check these out. As much as I love macross I'm content with simply the non articulated figurines or models. Unless someone made a kickass Focker doll with Claudia and beer can acessories.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH220-43

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-350

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH220-50

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-276

Well, there are the Max and Hikaru man-dolls in 1/6 scale.

I like the look of a lot of Medicom's figures. In particular the MGS3 Snake figure (love the crocodile helmet). I just never bought any because I'm not willing to pay that kind of price for those kinds of figures. I'd rather get more valkyries. :p

Well, there are the Max and Hikaru man-dolls in 1/6 scale.

I like the look of a lot of Medicom's figures. In particular the MGS3 Snake figure (love the crocodile helmet). I just never bought any because I'm not willing to pay that kind of price for those kinds of figures. I'd rather get more valkyries. :p

Yeah they are nice figures but your right the price is a real factor when your trying to juggle funds etc.

I have been scoring a lot of Starwars 1/6th lately. I have been mostly interested in the Droids and Imperial troops. Im not so bothered about the heroes etc. They go well with my 1/6 Cybermen and Red Dwarf Kryten. Also they fit well with 1/48 Yammies.

I have all the 1/6 Imai macross characters but mostly they are not too hot on the faces so they are there as a mint in box type thing. I do have a DYRL Minmay extra which I will build sometime but this will need some modding to look better IMO.

I think the 1/6 are almost like an experiment. Robotech also has the I-Men and there was the matchbox line. Some English speaking Macross fans do collect action figures. Question is does the average Japanese Macross do the same? We known they'll buy expensive transforming robot models and toy. Do these Japanese Macross fans also import the latest Star Wars wave from Hasbro?

The CMs figures are the closest Yamato is gonna get to doing an action figure line. Remember they even had series 2 on their website, plus Max and Millia for the Q-Rau were done by CMs. Kinda sucks that they gave the Scopedog line the better treatment but in any case, Yamato figures suck. Every figure I've had from them has fallen apart, including my Appleseed Deunan and Briarios. Plus Yamato figures are super expensive. $30 for the Scopedog $25 for the Appleseed.

The articulations on those Freulin Revoltech suck... Those photos are pretty much the best poses your gonna get out of them. Specially around the hip joint. I rather get something like a microman type figure.

I would rather have Good Smile Company, Megahouse, or Max Factory do Macross figures. I'm hoping high for the Yamato Minmay figure, but am prepared to be disappointed since the articulation doesn't sound good to me. But, I'll wait and see.

I think the 1/6 are almost like an experiment. Robotech also has the I-Men and there was the matchbox line. Some English speaking Macross fans do collect action figures. Question is does the average Japanese Macross do the same? We known they'll buy expensive transforming robot models and toy. Do these Japanese Macross fans also import the latest Star Wars wave from Hasbro?

Have you seen the price of SW figures in Japan.

I mean they are expensive in the U.K but compared to Japan they are cheap.

Well I was always a proponent of character figures for macross but the answer I always got was that character figures would not sell well because Macross was a mecha driven show. I think the popularity of the CMs line has shown that they will sell.

I agree with Exo though. I think the CMs figures are the closest we'll get to characters in plastic....which is fine with me since I have them all. I'm not really interested in starting a new line.

you know i dont need to start another line of figures but if they were 1/6 or 1/8 i might be tempted as long as they are over priced.

If they used the RAh301 or RAH301 massive body that would be cool course that adds to the price.

Just sell the heads and the clothes let me decide what body to attach.

If we're talking Star Wars or GI Joe status figures, I'm good off that. While I like a lot of the characters from the series, having them as an action figure is just kinda bleh. I think the closest thing to that that I would like to have is the Revoltech Valk or maybe if they made trading figures I would pick up some of those.

Also, those FMA figures are awesome. Saya is pretty hot too.

Speaking of CMs figures, I hope they continue to produce more Macross figures. I'd like a figure of Suzie Newtlet, Emilia Genius, and M7 Captain Max Genius.

Why not bring out CMs of ALL the Macross Captains/Leaders of all the different series?

0. (lol) the general/captain/leader dude on the Asuka II?

1. Gobal

2. Misa (post Global)

3. The cool black dude Macross Plus leader that was always bustin Isamu's ass?

4. Max

5. Cpt... uhh Fortiside? From Macross II, the dude that made Nexx cry from suiciding the Gloria?

(can't remember the spelling sorry) :(

6. FEFF!

who else?

lolololol, that baldy Southern Cross leader. :lol:

There's a new figure line that Max Factory is releasing, it looks pretty good. So far its been mostly figures though I have seen one male figure in a sute, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Macross line from those guys.

http://www.figma.jp/index.html

Those look great! I would love to have some macross figures from figma too. Thanks for the link.