VF-0D ??? Who has been holding out on me? :-)

sqidd

About 18 minutes into SDFM episode 1 there are some mecha that I didn't recognize. They were only shown for a second when the figters were "launched" for the first time. I searched around a bit for a picture/ description of them but gave up and went back to watching my new DVD's (which are fabulious by the way, and I don't use that word much :D ). I just came across this picture in the "model" section. Is this unidentafied fighter the VF-0D? Is there any way to get one short of building a model?

05vf116.jpg

The purple valk between the camo 0D and the Miriya-scheme 0D looks like a VF-19F, minus the ankle cuffs. Has the 19F/S wings and no canards.

Change it to a light grey/dark gray mix color scheme and that 19F doesn't look half bad.

Now I have to go look at episode 1. :p

The purple valk between the camo 0D and the Miriya-scheme 0D looks like a VF-19F, minus the ankle cuffs. Has the 19F/S wings and no canards.

Change it to a light grey/dark gray mix color scheme and that 19F doesn't look half bad.

ah, right you are. a modded vf-19f it is.

Damn, I thought I had something there :) I am still wonderig what that bad sucker was though. They were blue/black ad wet from the RH side of the screen toward the middle ad then wet balistic right in frot of the Macross. Thats it though, I didn't see anymore of them though.

I did spot two VF=1 "stealth" types in episode 6 though. They were parked in the hangar deck.

I did spot two VF=1 "stealth" types in episode 6 though. They were parked in the hangar deck.

Haven't those two planes affectionately been named the "Dark Birds." Can't really call them "Stealth" any more since Yamato has given us a "Stealth" paint scheme and those planes are different from it. I think we see them again later when gravity is lost at some point and it shows them banging around in a hangar.

And i have no idea what plane is between the 2 0D's.

IIRC Its a VF19 E. A long time ago I had a web based write up on the conversion done to make a Hasegawa kit into one, But Ive managed to loose it. Im trying for the life of me to remeber where I read about it.

Were they ghost fighters? I rewatched episode 1 around the 18 minute mark and the only thing that stood out for me were the blue/black ghost fighters launching.

Do you mean one of these? I'm going to pop it in and check.

Thanks to Mr March for his site, thats where I got the pic

qf3000e-ghost.gif

Edited by sqidd

About 18 minutes into SDFM episode 1 there are some mecha that I didn't recognize. They were only shown for a second when the figters were "launched" for the first time. I searched around a bit for a picture/ description of them but gave up and went back to watching my new DVD's (which are fabulious by the way, and I don't use that word much :D ).

Can't comment on the picture with all the model toys, but I can direct you to some help for the anime series. Fellow board member briscojr84 has an exhaustive list of little known mecha from SDF Macross on his website. Here's a few examples:

Unknown Aircraft

FL-200 Mistral

Damn, I thought I had something there :) I am still wonderig what that bad sucker was though. They were blue/black ad wet from the RH side of the screen toward the middle ad then wet balistic right in frot of the Macross. Thats it though, I didn't see anymore of them though.

The brief shot was actually two Ghost fighters shown from the rear; that one big engine is a dead giveaway. They are QF-3000E's, as shown in the picture from my website.

The two VF-1 stealth-like fighters are shown in episode 5 (DVD time index 13:40). As jenius has pointed out, I've given them the fanon name "Dark Birds." They appear to be low visibility colors for operation in space.

Dark Bird from episode 5 on the Macross Mecha Manual

Our good friend ChrisG over at the MAHQ also has a color picture for the Dark Bird, which you can see here:

Dark Bird on the MAHQ

Well, I hope that helps you in your exploration of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series. Congratulations on your DVD purchase. The DVD set is quite the experience.

big f- Isn't your icon a grass roots icon for an Amiga? Made by E.S.?

Yup sure is

Im glad that after all the years I have used it as an avatar someone has finally come back and said what it is. I have a lot of E.S`s art Amy the Squirel was funny.

P.S I love my Amigas. Its just a shame they are so expensive to upgrade and use nowadays. Never get viruses when online with an Amiga and none of that pointless hacker software crap works eaither. Total Surf in safety....

Edited by big F

Where did those VF-22S come from? Milia, Max, and Gamlin / Diamond Force schemes... look great! Transformable?

Edited by Uxi

K, can anyone tell me the difference between the two VF-0D models there? I might be the angle of the photo, but the camo one looks stubby for some reason.. can't really tell though. The only change I can tell for certain is that the little spike things on top of the legs are much bigger on the camo one.

Is that a different model than the Hasegawa kit?

Where did those VF-22S come from? Milia, Max, and Gamlin / Diamond Force schemes... look great! Transformable?

All Hasegawa kits I beleave none are transformable unless converted. I got sent this pic quite a while ago (last year) by a friend. Makes you look forward to what Yamato might bring out after the YF-21.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the shoulders and arms are completely redesigned, would it really matter if Yamato released a VF-0D? I mean, who would put down that kind of money knowing that they've got at least a 30% chance of shoulders having breakage (if the 0A Shin poll results are accurate). I would have loved to get a VF-0D before the shoulder incidents. :(