Battle Angel Alita

wolfx

Getting 2 of these for sure!!!

just look at the details of the fig here:

http://www.shueisha.co.jp/s-book/gunmu/com/

(right click to zoom in and the last pic can rotate 360 degress)

• 2 months later...

Sold out every where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Akihabara and I'm guessing the rest of Tokyo. They do have them in stock but they are all on hold for pre-order pickups. Talk about being so close but yet so far.

Arrgh

I wonder why didn't they just re-instate the orders people placed that got cancelled?

that's frustrating

I don't blame them. The item is hard to obtain and instead of holding people's orders for something that may not come they cancelled it 1s.

what the heck is HLJ doing? they cancel a day or so ago, then relist it?

happy to see it up, unhappy with the stuff up of availability....

(...)Second, unfortunately, we need to apologize profusely for an stupid clerical error on our part that occurred over the weekend which resulted in our mistakenly canceling most of the orders on file for the "Comic Gunnm Side Story w/Figure" (http://www.hlj.com/product/SYU08061). The message you received about our being unable to fill your order for this item was completely mistaken, and sent in error. (...) This is the first time an error like this has ever happened and we hope it's the last. Fortunately, it was not caused by a systemic or computer problem, but by a string of multiple human errors that we believe will be hard to repeat.

Somebody obviously had his head cut off at HLJ

Oh, the inanity.

Hello from HLJ!

First, we would like to take this opportunity as always to thank you for shopping with us here at HobbyLink Japan and express our hope that you're enjoying the holiday season. Second, unfortunately, we need to apologize profusely for an stupid clerical error on our part that occurred over the weekend which resulted in our mistakenly canceling most of the orders on file for the "Comic Gunnm Side Story w/Figure" (http://www.hlj.com/product/SYU08061). The message you received about our being unable to fill your order for this item was completely mistaken, and sent in error.

The good news is that we actually do have the stock necessary to fill your order. However, because we don't know if our customers have already located copies elsewhere, we've decided not to automatically restore these orders to our database. Instead, although we realize this is an inconvenience, we'd like to ask you to place your order again as soon as possible if you still want the item, and we will handle these orders with priority.

Some customers have already done this, and if you have, you don't need to take any further action.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble and inconvenience. This is the first time an error like this has ever happened and we hope it's the last. Fortunately, it was not caused by a systemic or computer problem, but by a string of multiple human errors that we believe will be hard to repeat.

We wish you a happy 2008, and look forward to many more years of filling your hobby needs!

Happy Holidays!

---

Scott T. Hards

President

HobbyLink Japan (www.hlj.com)

The best part about this is that I didn't receive this in my email, but I received an email bounce from the route chosen which included this as a nested attachment. I nearly nuked this message as things went...

Got beaten to it by electric indigo. Darn it! :)

Edited by Lynx7725

Oh, the inanity.

The best part about this is that I didn't receive this in my email, but I received an email bounce from the route chosen which included this as a nested attachment. I nearly nuked this message as things went...

Same here with the bounce probe thing. They surely messed up their system for good.

BTW does the figure have two heads? I notice that the eyes look in different directions in the closeup photos.

Edited by electric indigo

• 3 weeks later...

Got mime but last night I noticed that where the waist and hips connect it's made wrong. After puller her out of the box posing her legs was hard, one leg always seemed shorter than the other or I couldn't rotate the left hip enough. I pulled out the T bar that connects both hips to the waist and found it was manufactured wrong. The T bar has ball joints on each end, there are two small ball joints that should connect to each hip, leaving the larger ball joint to connect to the waist. Instead Gally has only one small ball joint insert in the left hip and a large insets on the right hip and waist. So for a temp fix I stuffed tissue in the right hip to keep it from falling off, but I would rather have a new right leg with the right size ball joint insert. Anybody else having the same problem?

Edited by SaveRobotech

I was looking at this figure until l look'd above and to the side and saw the busty girls with the caption 18+ and I was tempted and I clicked on it, and I was blown away, but before I could go any further I had a co-worker who would always sneak up on me and see what I would be doing just to screw around with me, so I quickly booked marked it and closed the page and before I knew it, my coworker was behind my back asking "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT, I WANT TO SEE!!!" LOL

Edited by deadghost