Favourite Yamato Toy

Scream Man

So Yamato has been in the game a long time now....well, a few years anyway. We have had a wealth of Macross toys; Some were Awesome, some were lousy and some were merely ok. But what ranks highest amoungst the fans?

Ill even start :)

For me its the new YF-19 FP version. While the original was cool, the wonky gunpod threw me off it a little, and it never really clicked together entirely well. But the NEW 19 is a dream; looks great in all modes, locks tight in fighter, and came with cool FP's to boot! And the FOLD was a pleasant surprise, also being a cool accessory.

So, while the Zero S is my favourite design, the 19 is my favourite Macross toy. Whats yours?

So Yamato has been in the game a long time now....well, a few years anyway. We have had a wealth of Macross toys; Some were Awesome, some were lousy and some were merely ok. But what ranks highest amoungst the fans?

Ill even start :)

For me its the new YF-19 FP version. While the original was cool, the wonky gunpod threw me off it a little, and it never really clicked together entirely well. But the NEW 19 is a dream; looks great in all modes, locks tight in fighter, and came with cool FP's to boot! And the FOLD was a pleasant surprise, also being a cool accessory.

So, while the Zero S is my favourite design, the 19 is my favourite Macross toy. Whats yours?

My favorite, is the 1/48 DYRL Max VF1S. (I made it out of a Hikaru 1S)

I really love my VF-0A shin with Ghost!

It is such a beautiful sculpt and looks so F@(&!^$ badd asss in Batt mode (actually all modes - wish I had three of these).

I got lucky and have good shoulders and biceps on mine.

The only problems are that one of the flaps that goes from the head towards the nosecone in figher mode keeps falling off everytime I transform it, and the feet are a little less tight than I would hope.

I think that this is a tie with my VF-1S Roy with Steath Fast Packs.

Second would be the elintseeker (in fighter mode).

I do not have a YF-19 yet, and I really want one, but thanks to your opening post on this thread this want has become more urgent.

I think that once I get my nora it will be my favorite. We will see.

So for now it is a tie with VF-0A Shin w Ghost AND VF-1S Roy with Steath FP.

it's still the 1/48 1a for me. Tightest fit, the seam lines are really minimal and no outstanding quality control or design issues. Every mode locks in nicely and even after all this time, the joints are still nice and tight and I don't worry at all as I transform it.

It would be followed by the yf-19, which loses points only because gerwalk mode and battroid could have used better locks, or in the case of gerwalk, A lock.

Bravo!!! Bravo!!! EUGIMON i AM WITH YOU, BEST VALKRYE BY YAMATO Vf 1 1:48, all of your explanation is right, but in my case I like more the low vis 1................Bravo!!! Bravo!!!! :lol:

#1 1/48 VF-1A Low Visibility version 1- My treasured low vis is still as tight as the day I got her (yeah that sounds really wrong). A beautiful valkyrie period, and a definite classic.

#2 1/60 YF-19- I don't have one yet, but I will be getting the 25th anniversary version. I've waited thirteen years for a good toy rendition of the YF-19, and sumdumgai is pleased with Yamato's latest offering. I've held out for a repaint (and fixes and improvements over the first wave). I'm disappointed about the lack of a locking mechanism for the chest in battroid and gerwalk, but I'll live with it. At least it's not a Bandai M7 19 toy. :p

#3 1/60 Miria Q-rau- Went through multiple attempts and many disasters to get this baby. Looks fantastic, has nice tight joints, and I got the cm's corportation/Yamato Miria pilot to replace the bfugly excuse for a Miria figure that came with it. Besides it being Miria's, it's also the only enemy mecha from Macross that Yamato has made.

#4 1/60 VF-0A Cannon Fodder- Sadly this beauty is in fourth place due to that broken shoulder issue. It would be in #3 or 2, but the shoulder really sours it for me. It's worse than the day that my 1/48 Max VF-1A head laser broke off (was easily fixed), or the day my 1/48 Miria VF-1J had the bp8 hinge snap, since the shoulder breakage is Yamato's fault.

-list to be revised upon having seen future releases like the SV-51 and YF-21.

My all time favorite has YAMATO toy so far has to be the 1/60 YF-19 with the FP. Sure it lacked locking mechanisms ,but everything else fits and clicks nicely so I think the new YF-19 is a pretty good win. The TV versions of 1/48 VF-1J's come in at a close 2nd. However if Yamato's new SV-51 turns out to be a stellar hit with all the right stuff then that will probably be my #1 favorite by YAMATO. ^_^ One can only hope a YAMATO first release will perfect. B))

i'll choose several for design and aesthetics. i never had any 1/48's so i'll choose between the other lines. 1/60 yf-19, 1/60 vf-1j max and miria, vf-0a, vf-11b fp version (except the slider shoulders), yf-21 fp version (only until the 1/60 comes out), q-rau, miria 3 figure set, and koenig monster.

Edited by sh002

Shouldn't this be a poll?

I'm all about the LV#1 VF-1A. After that would probably be every other 1/48 VF-1 incarnation. After that I'd be stuck between the VF-0 and the 1/60 YF-19 (Fold edition). The YF-19 just doesn't give me that solid feel I love in my 1/48s and the VF-0 has the obvious shoulder problems.

Difficult to chose just one. My favourites are: -

1) 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S with Strike Packs.

2) 1/60 VF-0A Cannon Fodder. I actually prefer the color scheme over Shin's version and now that I have the replacement arms with the SBS rubber instead of PVC and the harder ABS plastic, I feel confident in the toy.

3) 1/60 YF-19FP/FB Set. No more wonky gunpod!

Overall best looking toy IMO goes to the VF-0 series, I think the sculpt is just stunning.

Graham

I really like the VB-6 Monster, it is just so diferent and so big!!!!

The fixed YF-19 is amazing too, its sculpt and proportion is so nice in battroid - can't believe they pull that one off.

My hat goes for the Max VF-1J Super, although i never display it with the fast packs on. I have always love the 1J design as it is iconic, maybe more so than the 1S (mostly because the 1J was in the opening of the show), and i love the color blue so it makes the most sense. The YF-19 is a close second, i have the first run, i havent been able to get the FP version yet due to lack of funds at the moment.

I don't have one, as they all broke.

I'd have to say the LV1. I bought it on a whim when it was at a discount price, but its sorta' real colors, as opposed to the Power Ranger schemes of the canon variable-fighters, has slowly won my admiration over the years...

Overall fav would be the 1/60 YF-19, but I have a special place for the 1/60 VF-0A Cannon fodder (no extras), and the 1/48 VF-1j Stealth w/ Strike pack as well.

1st position 1/60 Macross Plus YF-19.

2nd position 1/48 Macross DYRL Hikaru's VF-1S with Strike parts.

3rd position 1/60 Macross Zero Shin's VF-0A with Ghost booster.

1/48 Hikaru VF-1S with or without Strike Packs

This thing can be summed up with one word: solid!

If the 1/60 YF-19 had some locking mechanism for the chest in battroid mode

then it might of ranked it higher with me. The lack of any lock really gets on my nerves...

I also have a 1/60 VF-0S, looks great but as satisfactory toy... err I think not.

Edited by lechuck