Suggestions for alternate VF-0 color schemes

Graham

Guys,

In the SV-51 thread, I mentioned that I showed Yamato the photos of MWer Dobber's Hasegawa SV-51 painted in Russian Flanker style camoflage and they really liked it. There is the possiblity that it could get released as a repaint toy later on.

Anyway I'm just wondering what real world inspired schemes would you like to see on a VF-0S or VF-0A repaint from Yamato.

Suggestions please, with pics is better.

Graham

Guys,

In the SV-51 thread, I mentioned that I showed Yamato the photos of MWer Dobber's Hasegawa SV-51 painted in Russian Flanker style camoflage and they really liked it. There is the possiblity that it could get released as a repaint toy later on.

Anyway I'm just wondering what real world inspired schemes would you like to see on a VF-0S or VF-0A repaint from Yamato.

Suggestions please, with pics is better.

Graham

That is GREAT news. A Dobber scheme is what I want more than the cannon ones.

Dante 74's digital/dessert camo looks great too. I'd love to see that on a 19 or a Zero. (Notice the GOLD canopy Yamato).

A white type (low-vis?) colour scheme of the SV-51 would be awesome. Even go as far as a Skull 1 paint colour.

Wouldn't that be sexy as? Same as a Whitish low-vis YF-21. That i want.

For the Zero? Perhaps a darker scheme (Ivanov black?, no... a RED scheme would be sweeet.

lol, you could just reverse the colour schemes, name it.. "Alternate Hero/s colour schemes!"

Like Ivanov VF-0S (black with Anti-UN TAMPO markings.

Same as for Nora, Give her a VF-0A Pink and ... Gold lol.

and here we go with Roy and Shin,

Roy gets his SV-51 in Skull 1 colours

and Shin gets well Shin's colour.

Isn't that a great marketing ploy? Alternate Hero Scheme's...

make sure Yamato places RuskiiVFaussie on the sticker sheet too.

How's that Graham? They have already advertised the whole Hero Valks VS so and so. (Shin vs Nora, Roy vs Ivanov etc)

:lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

while a new scheme(camo) would be cool, but its completely pointless if they're not going to fix the existing problems. i don't think anyone will buy a this POS valk based on the paint job alone. and though i can't speak for everyone, i highly doubt anyone has any desire to spend their money on something thats broken straight from the factory because it looks cool.

i mean BMWs look cool but i'm certainly not going to buy one if i know the wheels are gonna fall off.

and seriously, how can yamato justify milking the molds for the VF-0 knowing its flaws?

sorry but i(and i'm sure many) have no desire of being yamatoed again. :mellow:

while a new scheme(camo) would be cool, but its completely pointless if they're not going to fix the existing problems. i don't think anyone will buy a this POS valk based on the paint job alone. and though i can't speak for everyone, i highly doubt anyone has any desire to spend their money on something thats broken straight from the factory because it looks cool.

i mean BMWs look cool but i'm certainly not going to buy one if i know the wheels are gonna fall off.

and seriously, how can yamato justify milking the molds for the VF-0 knowing its flaws?

sorry but i(and i'm sure many) have no desire of being yamatoed again. :mellow:

Nope, I'm right there with you. If the new paint job comes with redesigned arms... and free replacement arms for the ones I fraking paid for, I'm there. Otherwise, good luck to everyone who ponies up the money for these guys.

If Yamato is not going to make the VF-0D then it would be cool to have the VF-0A in that blue color. Does a VF-0A show up in the OVA with that blue color? I am trying to remember, when they land on the island to take blood from the natives, or was that an 0D? If Yamato is going to make the VF-0D then nevermind, we will just get that one.

I think that ruskiiVFaussie's idea of the revers color schemes is actually a cool idea! I would love to see the VF-0A in pink and gold (with a pimp hat and fur coat of course). Seriously.

But, yes, I am very happy that Yamato wants to do the Dobber scheme for the SV-51. That rocks! I do hope they do the CF too though, I really like those colors. I am so ready to get my Nora! Can't wait!!!

First of all, thank you Graham for opening up this suggestions post. My suggestions about the Blue scheme and the Tiger scheme are serious. I do not want to abuse this but I just had to throw one in for laughs. This may be a California thing and maybe just for laughs but have you seen this paint job?

post-4840-1187716634_thumb.jpg

I forgot to credit the maker of this colorscheme. I'll post a link to his site when I get home tonight. (Havent got acces to all my bookmarks here at work)

EDIT*

Here's the link I got the paintscheme from

Macross Deco Variation Page

Those are some great color schemes. Lots of nice decals and insignia as well.

But where the hell did they get that awful VF-1 side schematic? The legs are on this gimped angle, it even throws the UN SPACY logo off center, LOL :)

I would LOVE to see the VX-9 scheme on pretty much ANY VF. I think it would go good with the VF-0, VF-11, VF-22, VF-19, etc. Especially since they are the Evaluation Squadron, they have to have one of everything. Hehe.

Here's a pic . The one I love is the low viz grey with the black tails and the black anti-glare around and behind the cockpit. Something sexy about that.

I also built up a Hasegawa VF-22 like this, and it looks sweet. Too bad its buried somewhere and I can't get to it to take pictures.

Edited by Fatalist

either of these 2 would be fin by me. i think it might appeal to a larger market and ultimately thats whats going to make Yamao $$

and give us something to enjoy.

post-3216-1187727718_thumb.jpg

Honestly I think the flanker scheme should be held off until the SV-51 gets it's repaints. The 51 just begs for the flanker scheme, IMHO they are a perfect match.

As for VF-0 schemes, I'm pretty happy with the VF-0A low vis, so the idea of another low vis scheme has little appeal for me. Having said that, if Yamato pulled off a well done low vis gray camo scheme or something like the F-35 two tone scheme I could be tempted. Other than that, I wouldn't mind something different. A polished bare metal look as seen on many F-86 sabers could be different and quite nice.

F-35 two tone grey scheme:

post-1833-1187729273_thumb.jpg

post-1833-1187729314_thumb.jpg

F-86 metal scheme:

post-1833-1187729341_thumb.gif

for the vf-0, i definitely think real world tomcat colors work best. i guess yamato wouldn't be interested in a sundowners scheme? :p

how about VF-1 wolfpack? i really like the hi viz scheme here.

VF-74 Be-Devilers has a cool camo scheme.

and there's the blue camo NSAWC scheme

the "black bunny" evaluator schemes would be cool.

how bout a cannon fodder vf-0a as seen in the show?

Edited by cyde01

I know that it would be too expensive but how about a chromed all Diecast vf-0a?

That would be probably $1000 retail and would cost a lot to ship but that would be sooooo sweet.

And it would solve the breaking shoulders, biceps and that little flap that goes between the underside of the nosecone and the head which falls off every time I touch it.

So it would not be this Platinum gundam but it would look similar.

I suppose they could chrome plate their current plastic one (or could they) but die cast would be so sturdy.

Or how about milled out of stainless steel?

That would be uber expensive too.

Just picture it a shiny shiny valk! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Out of all the valks that could be chrome this one would be the best because of the slick lines in batt mode.

The design and sculpt of the VF-0A would lend itself beautifully to shiny chrome!

post-4840-1187731040_thumb.jpg

Edited by miriya

yeah, I like that one as well. Why is it that russian paint schemes work so well on valks? or maybe those schemes are just more interesting than grey with darker grey blotches that americans fly...

Just answered your own question :)

Though to be honest, most color schemes on real military fighters are just plain dull. It's not just the American craft. I've never really understood the fascination with all these bland, functional colors other than to point out how practical they all are in actual field conditions. That's all fine but it doesn't do me any good as someone who loves a good piece of graphic art. I've got a folder on my computer filled with over a hundred pictures of my favorite real world fighters, bombers and other aircraft yet 99% of them have the worst colors you could ever imagine.

I would love a VF-0 in a wkite, grey and black snow cammo like the A-10 in the pic. Maybe a digital pattern but the VF-0 would look great in this scheme. Maybe a couple of VF-0 went to Alaska base before deployment of the VF-1. Also the UN Spacy logo's would stand out great on these colours IMHO.

post-5632-1188449744_thumb.jpg

either of these 2 would be fin by me. i think it might appeal to a larger market and ultimately thats whats going to make Yamao $$

and give us something to enjoy.

post-3216-1187727718_thumb.jpg

The SV-51 at the bottom is my SV-51 that Graham was refering to. It's a combination of the Flanker splinter Camo and the NSAWC that Dat Pinche Haro posted...which really is just a version of the Flanker splinter camo too. ^_^ .

Chris