25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

1/48 scale being dead is good and bad since a lot of people like that scale. While I think it is awesome, I never owned a VF-1 in that scale. Let's hope Yamato sticks with 1/60 scale with everything else. I'd love a complete Macross universe in one scale. I wish Yamato would release the remaining canon VF-1's that were released in 1/48 scale as releases in 1/60 scale. For example Angel Birds VF-1A, etc. While obsolete, I'd love a reissued and remodified 1/60 VF-1. I'd also like a 1/60 Koenig Monster, VF-11B FP, and VF-19A to compensate for those in other scales. Then everything so far would have been released all in 1/60 scale. Wouldn't that be nice? ^_^

Fortunately the most profitable Macross item out there is the VF-1 so there can always be hope for a retooled 1/60 VF-1 in the future. I, for one, would love to see it and I know there have been threads where others made the same claim. It's sad that so many cool toys are getting remarkable 1/60 treatment (although sure, those toys suited them better to 1/60 because of their larger proportions) while the VF-1 got what was clearly a beginner's effort. How cool would it have also been if you could take your 1/60 VF-0S Roy and put him in you 1/60 YF-19 and then put him in your 1/60 VF-1? That's not gonna happen... but it woulda been cool.

Hopefully we will see a retooled 1/60 with all the 1/48 improvements. Make a metal hip bar and a metal ring BP11 (or whatever part that is for the backpack piece) and everything should be good.

Edited by Uxi

Yes Shiny... I hope we get the same in december....

Ok.. I will buy a 19..... for my anniversary..... not for 25th macross....

But this time, I promise.... I buy only one YF-19.... I'won't crack anymore.... Just one YF-19....It's a promise..... Just one... not 3 like the last time.... I can resist.... I can....

Look everyone! Clear visors for both Valks! VF-1S looks better to me now, but i still prefer the 19...

sigh. I might still get the YF-19.. but there are too many other things to buy! >_<

19 19 19 19 19 19 191 91 1919191919119199999

yeah i'm still in, but not the 1S

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I really like the black with gold trim. I'm not thrilled about having 25th anniversary stamped on the side of my valk. I think it would have been cooler to make the squadron number 25, or something like that, but its not a particularly big deal for me.