Cancer107

So just to sum up...

August, SV-51 Ivanov

September, Ghost grey type

October, VF-0S + Ghost

November, SV-51 Nora(?)

December, VF-1S and YF-19 25th anniversary

January(?) YF-21(?)

I don`t like this scedule cause there are too may non-original products. Actually there is only one, the SV-51. All the other ones are recolor or bundle. I really hope that for the first half of 2008 we could see the VF-0D, YF-21 and VF-11B.

I'm wondering how hard it will be to remove the gold markings? (sorry but they look awful)

I bet do not disturbist's Brasso method would make short work of the gold markings. ;) It's interesting that members are willing to change these 25th Anniversary offerings, even though they are "limited." I guess the people who buy them and don't modify them will have a trully rare item.

So December is the month huh? Can that be considered accurate? I have ever dealt with the “limited run” stuff. I am assuming that I need to be on the ball right away when they get released. I just got the SV-51 off of feeBay instead of waiting for one of the US sellers to fill their pre orders. I want to get a couple of each of the 25ths. Would I be smarter to get a pre order in o these or will there be enough just to feeBay them the day they get released?

thanks

VF-4 wouldn't have been good for the 25th anniversary since they're limited editions like the Low Vis v1. Besides, it's not iconic enough, as much as I love that design. The VF-4 should get a proper, non-limited release. :)

When bandai puts the time, money, and care into a line, they can produce awesome stuff (Saint Cloth Myth figures for example). I'm just afraid that if Bandai decided to do some more Macross stuff, it would be half-assed. :( I'm afraid it would be more of the 1/65 scaled M7 type chunky-monkey toys. If Bandai did put out something high quality to give Yamato a run for their money, count me in (as long as it's a valkyrie I like). :)

In any case, BRING ON THE VF-11B! :D

I bet do not disturbist's Brasso method would make short work of the gold markings. ;) It's interesting that members are willing to change these 25th Anniversary offerings, even though they are "limited." I guess the people who buy them and don't modify them will have a trully rare item.

haha, i've been referenced. :D

brasso is good but i've been using the chameleon remover as of late as its requires a little less elbow grease.

what i don't get is if people want an all black valk, why don't they just buy some cheapy valk on ebay and paint it black like the 25th anni. valk? :huh:

i know a painted valk isn't the same thing but seems kind of pointless to pay more for this than your typical valk, only to alter the thing that makes it unique. its like me buying the the camo LV2 and removing all the camo because i want a CF varient. :blink:

VF-4 wouldn't have been good for the 25th anniversary since they're limited editions like the Low Vis v1. Besides, it's not iconic enough, as much as I love that design. The VF-4 should get a proper, non-limited release. :)

Ah_ah_ah! Special color scheme for the "limited" release, regular color for the regular release. :) Yamato has to milk the molds. :p

i know a painted valk isn't the same thing but seems kind of pointless to pay more for this than your typical valk

Your right Gene, but we shouldn't give Yamato the idea they can charge more for it :lol:

Always wanted an all black valk. This one is factory black, which means I don't have to paint it and it's a VF-1S!!! B))

I refuse to pay more than the typical valk, and I know we won't B))

Maybe if Yamato gets enough thumbs-down feedback for these, the paint schemes will change. I'd be willing to bet comments on message boards like, (and I quote) "It's the suck" sealed the fate of the 1/100 scale VF-0S. :lol:

Edited by Wicked Ace

So just to sum up...

August, SV-51 Ivanov

September, Ghost grey type

October, VF-0S + Ghost

November, SV-51 Nora(?)

December, VF-1S and YF-19 25th anniversary

January(?) YF-21(?)

I don`t like this scedule cause there are too may non-original products. Actually there is only one, the SV-51. All the other ones are recolor or bundle. I really hope that for the first half of 2008 we could see the VF-0D, YF-21 and VF-11B.

Don't count on it. Yamato only release one or two completely new VF's a year. Besides, most of us do need to eat you know, especially us PPMTCSG members.

Some thoughts of what should have happened:

1) Yamato should have saved the AngelBirds paint scheme for the 25th anniversary. It's an odd duck that didn't sell well but if it were limited and included a "25th Anniversary" decal (or several) I think people would have been pretty thrilled. Sure, lots of people hate the AngelBirds but at least the fact it's a canon paint scheme should reduce some of the unhappiness. Also, we never see a VF-19A in the AngelBirds paint scheme but it's not much of a leap to suppose one should exist. Do the same thing with that, include the 25th anniversary decal, and it'd probably go over relatively well, although probably not as well as the VF-1A Angelbird.

2) Yamato should have made the Engima scheme paint jobs. For the VF-1, it makes too much sense at this point since it'd go PERFECTLY with the Urban GBP. Plus, it's just a bad-butt scheme so it'd probably look great on a YF-19 (and it'd leave the door open for an Engima VF-0A/S further down the road. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to do a potentially successful paint job as a one off though and I'm sure the initial thought was they wanted something High Vis, not Low Vis, as evidenced by those horrible gaudy prototypes we saw.

The YF-21 will definitely be out next year, hopefully in the first quarter.

Thee will be some other new designs coming as well.

Graham

Without stating what these designs are, do you know what these designs are? Also, can you tell us how many new designs are coming?