1/72 Fastpack details

redfinger61

I heard there was a photo-etched detail set floating around somewhere of this(if anyone has one I would love to get my hands on it, even just to copy and make etched parts myself)

Anyway, the details on the fast packs is what I am looking for some advice on, particularly the nasty seam lines on the inside underneath the booster, and the raised panels on the top of the fast pack, I dont want to loose detail while I am sanding..

Also, filling the space around the booster, any one have any examples of what they have done?

Ashton

I find by lining up the top of the boosters body first, glue ( I use solvent ) then you find you can line the rest up quite well. The worst part is the raised panels on the top as they are fine and disappear when sanding, the metal etched parts I think have parts for this but I just rebuild them out of thin plastic card. The metal etched set has come back into stock at HLJ. Hope it helps.

I find by lining up the top of the boosters body first, glue ( I use solvent ) then you find you can line the rest up quite well. The worst part is the raised panels on the top as they are fine and disappear when sanding, the metal etched parts I think have parts for this but I just rebuild them out of thin plastic card. The metal etched set has come back into stock at HLJ. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the tip...I actually just finsihed my order over at HLJ, I bought two!

Ashton