Stop Me Before I Kill Again!!!!

sqidd

Which One Is The Coolest  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well, which one?

• Blue Guy?
    • Low Vis Guy?
    • Camo Guy?

I swear I am spending more money on Macross toys this month than a full blown crackhead spends on crack! This has got to stop............but not quite yet. :rolleyes:

I gotta get one of these chunky fellas here. But, I am undecided on which flavor I like. I know, I know, a real addict would get all three right? Well, I don't like this version/design/combination/whater you want to call it as much as lets say a YF-19. Oh no, did someone say YF-19?! Don't do that, I will buy another :wacko:

Ok, back to the task at hand. I have three versions here. I can't decide which to get. I have not had a chance to watch the entire Macross saga yeat (yes, the DVD's are on the way) so I don't have any "history" to work off of. The only one of these I have ever seen in a "show" was the Blue one and that was in one of the first five episodes of R___________ (I won't say it :unsure: ).

So which one is the coolest and why?

Blue guy? (this is the one I have seen in action)

normal_PH1149062402.jpg

Low Vis?

normal_PH1164801549.jpg

Camo guy?

fdfg.jpg

you're obviously suffering from auction fever and/or macross addiction.

auction fever is an addiction in itself. my advice is to stop now while you still got some money in your acct.

macross addiction also sucks, i myself am a recovering valkoholic. i've gone at least 6 months without purchasing macross toys and i hope to go a little longer.

this hobby will suck your wallet dry, then all you'll be left with is a bunch of toys that you stare at a lot....like me. :D

*shamelss plug*

if you're looking to purchase some 1/48's(namely M&Ms) and the blue GBP armor, shoot me a PM. :D

Well, the only one of those that actually show up in the anime is "the blue guy." The others are non-canon paint schemes. I have one of each, but if I had to buy only one I would buy the one that actually showed up in the anime (again, the blue one)

Have you seen the 1/60 version? I actually like that one better. The 1/48 one looks like he is suffocating and the 1/60 looks more natural, that is obviously my opinion and it is up to you, but check out some of the photos of them. Also, you can get a 1/60 GBP with vf-1j hikaru included for alot less than the 1/48.

You can find both the blue guy and the woodland versions at pretty steep discounts. As the blue guy is in the anime I'm going with Mister E. I honestly like them all though but if I were to pick a least favorite it'd probably be the woodland.

Have you seen the 1/60 version? I actually like that one better. The 1/48 one looks like he is suffocating and the 1/60 looks more natural, that is obviously my opinion and it is up to you, but check out some of the photos of them. Also, you can get a 1/60 GBP with vf-1j hikaru included for alot less than the 1/48.

Wasn't there a lot of complaints back in the day about certain parts of the 1/60 GBP falling off if you even looked at 'em funny?

Yeah, I'd say go with the 1/48 blue one too. It's iconic and makes Hik's VF-1J look bigger and meaner than all his other Fast/Strike-Packed 1J brothers and sister.

Just remember: the first step to recovering from Valkyholism is to admit that you have a problem. :D

why would you want to recover?

So, you could do better at your job.......

.....So, you could make more money..........

......So, you could buy more........... :ph34r: ....VALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't there a lot of complaints back in the day about certain parts of the 1/60 GBP falling off if you even looked at 'em funny?

The 1/60 GBP actually looked pretty decent. Its main fault was the forward crotch-armor piece, which wouldn't stay seated. It's pretty easy to rectify though, using just a piece of [hidden] scotch tape. The rest of the parts were not problematic at all.

I voted for the Blue Guy, as it's the most iconic to me.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning toward the blue one myself because I have never seen the other two in action and thought that maybe they aren’t real “characters”. Secondly the blue one looks the a Macross Mech. It’s well…..cartoony. Macross is a cartoon after all. And lastly the blue one has a “presence” the other two don’t. I purchased one of the VF-1’s in the “stealth” paintjob, and yes it looks very, very cool. But is disappears on my shelf, go figure.

I need to take a peek at the 1/60 (or was it 1/55’s, I will check the post). The Yamoto ones certainly do look over chunky a little. There certainly isn’t anything about them that looks agile.

One again, thanks for your help.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning toward the blue one myself because I have never seen the other two in action and thought that maybe they aren’t real “characters”. Secondly the blue one looks the a Macross Mech. It’s well…..cartoony. Macross is a cartoon after all. And lastly the blue one has a “presence” the other two don’t. I purchased one of the VF-1’s in the “stealth” paintjob, and yes it looks very, very cool. But is disappears on my shelf, go figure.

I need to take a peek at the 1/60 (or was it 1/55’s, I will check the post). The Yamoto ones certainly do look over chunky a little. There certainly isn’t anything about them that looks agile.

One again, thanks for your help.

Well, it is armor so you can kind of expect it to look big and chunky. Get the 1/48 version, you will not be dissapointed. And if you haven't got it already, get Hikaru's VF-1J to go with it.

You can find both the blue guy and the woodland versions at pretty steep discounts.

not anymore.

the blue version was on discount a while back but is back to the normal price now. ^_^

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00040

Edited by do not disturb

Ha!! Auction adiction is where you check ebay for something before you check the local stores for it, no matter how cheap or easily got it is. This usually starts with some collection bug and soon migrates to all of your life. about the only things I dont buy online now are groceries and magazines, everything else at some time or other I get via online in one form or another.

Go for the Blue, second choice would be Urban. I would only get the camo if hell froze over or If Kurt was gonna custom paint over all the camo for me

just get the GBP blue armor its what you've seen animated so stick to that.

the others area ok but they don't give off an aggressive enough look just my opinion.

if the both the stealth camo had a slighlty darker paint and then maybe I'd get them too.

Blue one on the way.

If I know myself I will get the other two when I get the first one set up......im dumb like that :blink:

I know where you're coming from on this one, I got the blue GBP armor myself about a year ago w/ a vf-1j hikaru valk, and now, I have the low viz GBP and it's matching valk arriving this weekend, I know that it's just a matter of time before I start wanting to get that urban camo GBP as well. Hehe, I swear, it is an addiction already for me! :)