Buying a YF-19

bigspender

65$ for the shipping is a little excessive in my opinion. I bought a YF-19 two weeks ago on Ebay for 165$. Hopefully, I'm getting it this week. I hope ... :unsure:

thats the one thing you have to watch out for with HOHOTOYS. they are based in New York and they do sell lots of stuff from NY, but some of thier stuff is in Hong Kong, check before you bid.

I receiced my YF-19 yesterday and oh god ... My ass has a better material quality than that. <_< The plastic is so low quality that I'm afraid of the idea of touching it.

i guess you're the only one because everybody else i know that owns this toy loves it to death.

if its too low quality for your tastes, why not sell it or return it?

i guess you're the only one because everybody else i know that owns this toy loves it to death.

if its too low quality for your tastes, why not sell it or return it?

Because I like it too. I'm just complaining about the plastic quality. Details and engineering in that toy are great.

I've taken my 19 through one complete transformation cycle now. The quality is much better than the non-FP version I had. The gunpod is straight, the rear wheels cant outward (though still not enough w/o some modding), the chest/head/shoulders don't detach during transformation, the little shoulder flap doesn't constantly fall off, the fighter neck locking mechanism isn't near as tight and the head assembly easily rotates for transformation (the head would lock into place too tightly on the my non-FP version). The only QC problems I had was that one rear was folded away before the paint was dry and one of the intake covers likes to pop off.

Getting the FPs on the fighter the first time is a bit tricky, but every thing is solid once you figure it out. I always liked that the 19 could be converted to a two-seater so I'm happy to have that feature. Having a little Yang is nice. OK, so that sounded a bit weird. I like the fold booster a lot more than I expected and think it looks nice on the fighter. Too bad Yamato couldn't include the batteries on a $240 toy. Unfortunately, I don't have any setting around. What's worse is that I have 14 LR-41s sitting in a drawer!

Edited by Matt Random

• 2 weeks later...
I have purchased almost all of my new Yamoto stuff from this guy in New York. The prices are good, shippings fast, etc, etc, etc. I have at least 10 transactions with this seller and they were all as smooth as silk.

YF-19 with booster for $190 on eBay

Tell him departmentofsuspension sent you. B))

eBay seller blacklisted..... Do not buy to him..... Danger.... Warning...

Well.. I'm sure of that...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...id=280129191017

24 negative feedback in one year :

Paid for item in Sept., it's now Dec. No item, no contact, no refund BAD BAD BAD

poor communication. item never received. no response or refund from seller.

Did not recieve item. I have a time limit to complain. Pre-order bs burns it up!

No item, no communication, no refund--I've lost $80 total-shut this seller down!

BAD BAD BAD NO ITEM NO REFUND NO COMMUNICATION BAD EBAYER DON'T BUY TO HIM

???? NO PACKAGE, NO COMMUNICATION, NO REFUND BEWARE FAKE SELLER DONT BUY

Paid for item never recieved it. Had to get paypal involved to get refund.

????? ATTENTION VENTE FRAUDULEUSE ET AUCUNE COMMUNICATION

i paid for the item mid october, and still nothing! WILL NOT BUY FROM AGAIN!

NEGATIVE B E W A R E FAKE SELLER

item NEVER ARRIVD-1st'out of stock'-PROMISD2snd,so clsd dispute,stil no£or item!

Etc etc etc etc..

YES I'M Sure....And Yes... It's a bad seller with lot of problem with 100% feedback ebuyer..

This shop is blacklisted in lot of forum in france... I will never make business with him..We don't trust him.. If you get your item... Well you are lucky...

26 neutral..

There are so many YF-19 threads that I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so I just picked this one. I recently purchased a YF-19 from someone and it is missing the engine intake covers. I don't know if the seller has them because I've been unable to get a reply from them.

Two questions: If I'm not able to get the covers from the seller, is there any possibility of getting replacements from Yamato? Has anyone done recasts of them? If my only option is getting a junker 19 to salvage, I'll probably just live without the covers, even though it looks sort of lame in battroid without them.

Why on earth is this thing so expensive? other yamato 1/60s range from 45-120 bucks this thing goes for twice that??

I didn't even pay that much for my 1/48 VF-1S.

Granted I have never held one, but it seems pretty darned expensive.

But then again the Predaking Boxed set was expensive too and this one has to be better than an 80s toy reissue :p

Why on earth is this thing so expensive? other yamato 1/60s range from 45-120 bucks this thing goes for twice that??

But then again the Predaking Boxed set was expensive too and this one has to be better than an 80s toy reissue :p

if people stopped buying them, the price would drop but as long as people are willing to pay that much, sellers are going to charge that much....why would they charge any less?

unfortunately people can/will only hold off for so long, then they'll eventually break down and pay out the ass for it.

i paid $140 shipped or so for mine and it was brand new.

if people stopped buying them, the price would drop but as long as people are willing to pay that much, sellers are going to charge that much....why would they charge any less?

unfortunately people can/will only hold off for so long, then they'll eventually break down and pay out the ass for it.

i paid $140 shipped or so for mine and it was brand new.

IF I ever end up buying one. It will be for no more than you paid mate. :ph34r:

IF I ever end up buying one. It will be for no more than you paid mate. :ph34r:

i left out the fact that i had to buy a case, then sell 3 of them. at the time, sellers were charging $210 plus shipping(IN-freakin-SANE!) but i sold them for $175 plus shipping.

granted i could've sold them for more, but all i was interested in was getting mine for a reasonable price and being able to offer the other 3 at a reasonable price.

if you can get 3 other people around your area to join in, you guys can do a group buy, pick up a case(usually 4 per case), ship by boat, and split all the costs down the middle. you'd get some sort of discount for buying 4 and shipping would be a lot less split 4 ways. :)

i left out the fact that i had to buy a case, then sell 3 of them. at the time, sellers were charging $210 plus shipping(IN-freakin-SANE!) but i sold them for $175 plus shipping.

granted i could've sold them for more, but all i was interested in was getting mine for a reasonable price and being able to offer the other 3 at a reasonable price.

if you can get 3 other people around your area to join in, you guys can do a group buy, pick up a case(usually 4 per case), ship by boat, and split all the costs down the middle. you'd get some sort of discount for buying 4 and shipping would be a lot less split 4 ways. :)

Hmmmmm......Good idea that is... :ph34r:

The 1/60 stuff gets more expensive with each release. The Zeros certainly weren't cheap and the SV-51 set a new record. I'll be amazed if the new 1/60 VF-1 series is less than a hundred w/o fast packs. The ever increasing prices are what has almost driven me away from Macross collecting. I'm also not crazy about paying for extra parts I don't need such as stand adapters, stands and extra paintable cunards instead of getting something truely useful such as fold booster batteries.

I have a single 1/48 strike, a single Zero w/ ghost and a single 19 with fast packs. All I plan on getting this year is a single 1/60 strike and perhaps an 11 if that comes out. This stuff is too expensive to get multiples of a particular model or to get models that I'm not all that crazy about like the SV-51 and the YF-21.

The 1/60 stuff gets more expensive with each release. The Zeros certainly weren't cheap and the SV-51 set a new record. I'll be amazed if the new 1/60 VF-1 series is less than a hundred w/o fast packs.

its been repeatedly stated(like over 20 times now) that these will be about 10000 yen(straight from yamato's site) which is less than $100. i even put it in my sig. ;)

• 3 weeks later...