Buying a YF-19

bigspender

Any good places to buy in the US?

if you're looking to buy from a US vendor its going to cost you more than $215 shipped.

try toy-wave.com or HLJ.com

while they might be overseas, you'll end up saving a little loot.

BTW, just wondering why a dude named bigspender is being such a cheapskate? ;):D

Edited by do not disturb

Crap :angry: that ones like $230!!!!!!!!! There are no regular fighters with the fixes? :o

Ok, Big Spender?? J/K but you laid it out there.

The only safe bet is to get the 19/FP/Booster Combo. Your not going to be able to get the 19 for less than 170 anyway. The FP and booster is worth it.

For US retailers check out tmpanime.com or bigbadtoystore.com

Is there something wrong with the first issues of the 1/60 YF-19? What problems are arising?

it was minimal at best. the big complaint was the crooked gunpod, then there were those who complained about the neck section being too tight. the only thing i know they fixed(according to MW'ers) is the gunpod.

added:

almost forgot, the rear landing gears did not cant outwards. all you had to do was pull them so they did, not really a problem.

Edited by do not disturb

That's someone in HK who wants $65 for shipping!!! I'm guessing you copied the wrong link..

nah, some of the items hes selling are in HK(i.e. the yf-19 that he wants too much money for) and some of it is in NY....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

That's someone in HK who wants $65 for shipping!!! I'm guessing you copied the wrong link..

I never noticed that. I just went through the sellers list of items and it looks like they have two locations. The stuff out of NY is more expensive than the stuff out of HK but the shipping evens them out. That makes sense, they are paying duty to get them into the US. I have not been paying a ton of attention to where the stuff I am buying is coming from, but it gets here fast and I know I have seen NY on some of the return labels. I certainly know I didn't ever pay $45-65 in shipping. I have no answer. I have purchsed way too much stuff for it to be any kind of scam. It's not like they are waiting till I buy 15 things and then screw me. Maybe I just lucked out the few times I purchased something through eBay and got the cheap ones out of NY. 75% of the stuff I have purchased through them has been off eBay. I just tell them what I want, they send me an invoice, I pay, toys show up. :)

I just went back and forth with them a few times today about getting 4 1/48's in a package and they have been more than fair with the "bulk" pricing. I am just figuring out exactly what I am going to get still.

I'm sure the board has done it before, but if there was a super popular toy released (like a YF-21) we could do a group buy and save tons of $$ with the right seller. There is always someone willing to drop their pants all the way for a big order.

Is there something wrong with the first issues of the 1/60 YF-19? What problems are arising?

Do not disturbist hit the big ones, but I suggest reading this thread in it's entirety -- it not only spells out the problems and fixes (with pics), but it also has some pretty cool detail-enhancing mods members have posted up.

YF-19 Fix/Modificaiton Thread

if you're looking to buy from a US vendor its going to cost you more than $215 shipped.

try toy-wave.com or HLJ.com

while they might be overseas, you'll end up saving a little loot.

BTW, just wondering why a dude named bigspender is being such a cheapskate? ;):D

Well my wife is getting in my butt for buying a toy :rolleyes: for 140 bucks. We got it but she's trippin <_<

I have purchased almost all of my new Yamoto stuff from this guy in New York. The prices are good, shippings fast, etc, etc, etc. I have at least 10 transactions with this seller and they were all as smooth as silk.

YF-19 with booster for $190 on eBay

Tell him departmentofsuspension sent you. B))

Shipping 65 :wacko: I thought he was in New York. I'm just gonna have to buy my wife a toy :p I really want this thing.

Well my wife is getting in my butt for buying a toy :rolleyes: for 140 bucks. We got it but she's trippin <_<

Buy it, She'll get over it. When she's giving you the cold shoulder atleast you'll have a nice new yammie to focus your attention on.

yea... I get on my own butt for paying $140 for some of the stuff Yamato... My girl~~ pish.... I tell her my yf-19 costs me $89 and she still thinks I'm nuts.

It's strange though... she thinks my HT Ed 209 and Flight Pack Robo are awesome and I told her it was $190 & $140 each.

yea... I get on my own butt for paying $140 for some of the stuff Yamato... My girl~~ pish.... I tell her my yf-19 costs me $89 and she still thinks I'm nuts.

It's strange though... she thinks my HT Ed 209 and Flight Pack Robo are awesome and I told her it was $190 & $140 each.

It's cause she doesn't know where the're from. My girl loves my old (beat up) Voltron I grabbed at a garage sale, but doesn't give my meticulously built and painted Armored Core models a second glance. Same thing for Gundams, Valks ect. But show her a He-Man doll and she gets all wobbley. Sheesh <_<

Edited by Busted VF1A

It's cause she doesn't know where the're from. My girl loves my old (beat up) Voltron I grabbed at a garage sale, but doesn't give my meticulously built and painted Armored Core models a second glance. Same thing for Gundams, Valks ect. But show her a He-Man doll and she gets all wobbley. Sheesh <_<

Good point. but my girl didnt know what robocop was either. She's a total F.O.B. :lol:

Edited by Nani?!

• 3 months later...
Shipping 65 :wacko: I thought he was in New York. I'm just gonna have to buy my wife a toy :p I really want this thing.

65$ for the shipping is a little excessive in my opinion. I bought a YF-19 two weeks ago on Ebay for 165$. Hopefully, I'm getting it this week. I hope ... :unsure:

just ordered one from LAFtoys they got a sale going on so I couldn't resist buying the 19 with the fast pack...

After reading all the comments from everyone on this thread I'm hoping to that I made the right choice.

XD

just ordered one from LAFtoys they got a sale going on so I couldn't resist buying the 19 with the fast pack...

After reading all the comments from everyone on this thread I'm hoping to that I made the right choice.

XD

that's the one to get. The gunpod isn't crooked. The fast packs are kind of pain to mount in fighter mode. Makes the battroid look all beefy and badass though.

that's the one to get. The gunpod isn't crooked. The fast packs are kind of pain to mount in fighter mode. Makes the battroid look all beefy and badass though.

thanks this my 2nd Yamato toy.

I'm still deciding on getting the VF-1S hikki or the VF-1S fokker. Are there any :ph34r: problems with those?

Edited by Wurz

There's the odd chance you'll get the skulls printed a bit crooked on the tail fins, but no other issues with the 1/48. The fit of all the parts is great, joints are nice and tight, all three modes have nice locks so it's pretty sturdy. Plus the yamato 1/48 head sculpt has to be the best looking one there is. I don't think you can go wrong with it. Besides, it just looks so bad ass with the strike/FAST pack add-on.

XD

Me too. I'd been contemplating getting the 19 FP and the sale was the impetus I needed to take the plunge.

There's the odd chance you'll get the skulls printed a bit crooked on the tail fins, but no other issues with the 1/48. The fit of all the parts is great, joints are nice and tight, all three modes have nice locks so it's pretty sturdy. Plus the yamato 1/48 head sculpt has to be the best looking one there is. I don't think you can go wrong with it. Besides, it just looks so bad ass with the strike/FAST pack add-on.

thanks for the reply I already have the Stealth with fastpack. SOOO Worth it.

Are there any other placed besides LAF where I can get more yamato toys?

Me too. I'd been contemplating getting the 19 FP and the sale was the impetus I needed to take the plunge.

I know!

Got suckered in even thou it was just like $10-$15 but still

*Curses*

What am I saying?

It's soo gonna be worth it... :D

thanks for the reply I already have the Stealth with fastpack. SOOO Worth it.

Are there any other placed besides LAF where I can get more yamato toys?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24348

Kevin used to run a popular retail store called valkyrie-exchange.com. He's closed shop but he still sells now and then. He's got some great deals posted so I would check there.