Will there ever be other elintseekers?

miriya

Will there ever be other elintseekers? If Yamato will not do a 1/48 of it will anyone? People say that yamato will not make 1/48 vf-1 two seaters, which is really too bad. So does that mean that the only (non-model) elintseekers will be the 1/55 and the 1/60?

I am glad to say that I just ordered my first yamato elinteeker today as I have wanted that one since I saw the first pre production samples and have finally gotten around to it. I had a feeling that they were going to run out and become less available. it seemed that tisinc99 only had four left (now it is 3), so I had to grab it. I would not be surprised, in a couple years time, to see the 1/60 ve-1 yammies going for a few hundred after all the stock runs out. I know that they have been discontinued for some time and it seems that alot of retailers are running out too.

miriya,

u r not the only one who wanted to see elintseeker in 1/48 scale, i hate yamato, honestly, too much join and can't play with their valks, but display wise and detail wise is superb for yamato. Used to have the 1/60 VE-1 and love it but after a while the join was loose and i sold it away. Hopefully they make one, if they want to make more money :) if not their 1/48 colection is just not complete. I'll buy for display.

i am one of the bandai fans, got 2 peices, mib and loose. i was hoping bandai make the reissue last time, but they didn't, maybe they lose the mold for it or maybe they wait for some event, and release it during that time period. i don't know..... Im hoping more to Bandai...:)

here are my bandai ones ^_^

post-5415-1187133955_thumb.jpg

Edited by elintseeker

Im agree with you guys if yamato doesnt make the 1:48 vf 1 two seaters will be a complete mistake by yamato for say no to a big big potential merchadising area, so I hope they think this twice, so we could be all happy at the end of the 1:48 line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAMATO THINK ABOUT THIS, YOU WILL BE THE BEST AND HAVE ALOT OF MOOOONEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

One day maybe they'll come back and re-do the entire 1/60 VF-1 line to the standards and gimmicks of the 1/48 VF-1 and the 1/60 VF-0.

But hopefully it won't be anytime soon, because I don't want them going back to the VF-1s for a loooooooooong time. ;)

Yes, I think that graham may have mentioned that Yamato will not do the 2 seaters, which is sad. My point is that, as of now, the only transforming elintseekers that exist, to my puny knowledge, are the Bandai 1/55 and the Yamato 1/60, and it does not seem likely to be more in the future. We all know how hard to find the bandais are and how expensive they are if you find a complete one, and the Yamato ones seem to be getting harder to find now too. I just ordered my first elintseeker and I wish I could afford a couple more to hold for a few years from now because they may become worth alot more.

NEW QUESTION: Does anyone have a bandai 1/55 elintseeker and a yamato 1/60 elintseeker that they can put next to eachother, photograph and put on this forum? Since I do not have the Bandai I would love to see how they look next to eachother.

yap...way too ex for a MIB bandai one now...

but does anybody know the reason bandai never do the strike,elint and ostrich reissue???

and is it posible in the future that yamato will change their minds about the 1/48 elint? who knows they will do it one day...

and Miriya, i think in gallery section there are pics for bandai and yamato elint side by side...can't remember belong to who...but if you browse the pages, u can find it :)

I just ordered the Yamoto one the other day. Maybe I should get another. :rolleyes: It would be too bad if they didn't make a 1/48 version. It is sooooo cooool with that big dish hanging off the top of it I can't stand it. The first time I saw a picture of one I had to have one. Very cool indeed.

This is one reason why Im getting so bored with the toy aspect of the whole Macross area.

Yamato are/were the bridge between the model and toy arenas. The fact that they seem to pump out new repaints and such almost endlessly must mean they are making money, but to not complete the range is not really forgivable.

be happy with the 1/60

I agree.

It seems that common practice of the Macross franchise is to produce many different mecha, but not all within the same scale.

If you see the pattern, you automatically know it's set for all of us to just keep buying and blindly hope that one day any scale would be complete.

but does anybody know the reason bandai never do the strike,elint and ostrich reissue???

I think Bandai planned to reissue them for Macross' 20th Anniversary in 2002, but due to the lukewarm reception the 1/55 Super VF-1S reissue received that year, they decided to cut their losses and halt the reissues at Max & Milia's VF-1J's. Bandai definitely had some big plans for the 20th Anniversary as we can see in their 1/55 prototype Destroid toy that xstoys has in his possession. But don't blame Bandai, blame us cheapskates for not buying enough of their stuff back then :ph34r:

and is it posible in the future that yamato will change their minds about the 1/48 elint? who knows they will do it one day...

Anything's possible, but I doubt it at 1/48. As for other scales...

I think Bandai planned to reissue them for Macross' 20th Anniversary in 2002, but due to the lukewarm reception the 1/55 Super VF-1S reissue received that year, they decided to cut their losses and halt the reissues at Max & Milia's VF-1J's. Bandai definitely had some big plans for the 20th Anniversary as we can see in their 1/55 prototype Destroid toy that xstoys has in his possession. But don't blame Bandai, blame us cheapskates for not buying enough of their stuff back then :ph34r:

Anything's possible, but I doubt it at 1/48. As for other scales...

ah...correct, i remembered those days, where bandai in the middle releasing their reissue, and we were only sit back and waiting for those elint,ostrich to be produced and we never bought enough the rest of the re-issue...especially their 1st appeareance for the reissue...vf-1j...lol, i doubt people buy that one :)

next question is, 1/55 destroid you said?? post some pics please :)

not hoping much for yamato here, any posibility for new company to make other macross line?? maybe they will buy the bandai molding and mass produce it for once again?...crossing my finger only :)

would anyone tackle that, i mean is it possible to putty up a FP to look like a ostrich? lol.. or perhaps an elint? a couple of putty here and there and other things lol...

anything is possible. It`s more down to time and interest. I agree though maybe someone should.

Hmmm, our devoted and deviously demented sith-lord leaves left a little note in yellow that says "RBTL", which I'm guessing means read between the lines. Well, theres a lot of ways you could break apart what he says, but my initial guess is that someone ELSE is going to approach the two-seaters . . . of course he could just mean that Yamato is going to re-release or improve the 1/60 scale, but somehow that doesn't seem terribly likely. I'm sure entire topics will be devoted to this; that sig sounds like a rather fancy way to describe rain or possibly a leak - but we'll all be chewing on that for some time. My first reaction was that he was hinting at Wave, but it just doesn't fit the description.

Graham does a good job of breaking us - a little torture then a little tidbit here and there. After all, a Sith-lord's gotta maintain that love/hate relationship in order to keep us dogs obedient!

Out of curiosity- do you think Yamato messes with Graham from time to time so he just has to take it out on us, or do you think he's just the type that's got a basement decorated in early spanish inquisition?

Anyway Graham - thanks for the info, um, I think (did I just hear maniacal laughter and a cracking whip?).

No 1/48 scale Super Ostrich, Elint Seeker or VF-1D from Yamato, not ever.

RBTL

Graham

Graham, I know that you have stated this in several forums and in PMs. So my question is, "But Why"? "Why daddy why?" and of course why with such certainty. There must be a good reason to be able to say "not ever".