Lead Paint?

Decon

Tampo printing is simply a method of application, as opposed to spraying or brushing. It works exactly like ink pads and stamps. You dip the tampo pad into the paint, then stamp it on the toy. Doing multi-color things (like a UN kite) requires multiple pads and multiple applications---and applied carefully so all the colors line up.

PS---one more political post and there would have been some major pruning of the thread.

Tampo printing is simply a method of application, as opposed to spraying or brushing. It works exactly like ink pads and stamps. You dip the tampo pad into the paint, then stamp it on the toy. Doing multi-color things (like a UN kite) requires multiple pads and multiple applications---and applied carefully so all the colors line up.

Alright. I definitely stand by what I said. Tampo printing is incredible.

The magnet recall kind of makes sense. I can see a little kid swallowing them and running into trouble. There was an article on CNN.com about a seven year old girl swallowing two magnets. They ended up clamping together and causing a hole in her intestine. Seven years old, though? Geesh.

EDIT: here's that article http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/14/toy.victim/index.html

PS---one more political post and there would have been some major pruning of the thread.

Yessir I just wanted to get my 2 cents in. (Was there some huge flap on the board a long time ago regarding an off-topic subforum? Seems like it'd be worth it, but eh oh well.)

Edited by meh_cd

While I feel badly for that little girl... at some point, I just feel like some people want the entire world to be made out of nerf foam and just blame everybody else for their woes in life. I understand lead paint in infant and toddler toys... they don't know better... but at what point do we stop blaming other people for the dumb things we do?

but at what point do we stop blaming other people for the dumb things we do?

......When we finally receive THEIR money in our lawsuit settlement!!!!! :lol:

In all seriousness, I understand and agree with your sentiment, eugimon.

I was going to jokingly say: "Hey does this mean magnets will stick to the lead paint?" But forgot that lead isn't magnetic. :p The shooting range I used to go to would check to see if you had steel core bullets by using a magnet. Coated lead bullets and plain lead ones didn't react at all. The steel core ones, *clang*, magnet gets stuck to it.

I'm not to worried about my valks. I don't lick them often... ;):p *slurp*

While I feel badly for that little girl... at some point, I just feel like some people want the entire world to be made out of nerf foam and just blame everybody else for their woes in life. I understand lead paint in infant and toddler toys... they don't know better... but at what point do we stop blaming other people for the dumb things we do?

I agree. The girl was SEVEN years old. And you can tell that her mom saw $$$ as soon as it happened.

"I went straight to a lawyer," she added.

Well golly gee lady, maybe your daughter shouldn't have had the magnets in her mouth.

I thought that the US invaded Afghanistan to get lots of petrol to Bush's friends for cheap.

I though that was the reason :p

The house over the road from me just got sold and the guy who bought it spent months pealing off all the Nerf foam from the walls and corners etc. The couple who lived there were paranoid about their kids getting hurt, aparently most of the walls in the house had been covered in it and then it had been painted or wallpapered over.

The oldest kid was 7 or 8. A valid thing in todays society you know with kids falling over or eating lead coated action figures but these same parents let the kids play in the street and didnt see the cars and trucks as dangerous, but a wall in ones house ??? Go figure.

lets face it . Its easier to blame somebody else than to accept responsibility for ones owns actions.

Little kids put stuff in their mouths its what they do. they have to be watched.

otherwise they're eating finger-paint and glue. :wacko:

Edited by Macross73

The american society began with this hyper sensibility nonsense and now is spreading worldwide. My dad has a little daughter, and while I was raised like an salvage kid, jumping in the back seat of the car and all, my little sister has to visit the pediatrician every month. Needless to say my old man is rather confused on how achild must be raised nowadays.

The american society began with this hyper sensibility nonsense and now is spreading worldwide. My dad has a little daughter, and while I was raised like an salvage kid, jumping in the back seat of the car and all, my little sister has to visit the pediatrician every month. Needless to say my old man is rather confused on how achild must be raised nowadays.

So true. We as kids climbed trees jumped off house roofs and did goofy things on our skateboards and BMX bikes. Hell we even played in the storm drains near my house. My parents didnt know the half of what my brothers and me got up to each day. If they had we`d have been still grounded now 20 years later.

Nowadays we would have just been sectioned.

Edited by big F

we ( me for sure) did stupid stuff as a kid. c'mon thats the time to explore and learn what to

do and what not to do. if you stick your finger in a electrical socket and get shocked your not

likely to do it again ...live and learn. :lol: