I arm wrestled my Konig Moster for an hour

sqidd

I got my Yamoto Konig Monster today and the arms.....um.......suck! I can't get them to do anything short of "flop". I considered taking the screws out and putting somethig in the joints to tighten them up. But I figured I would ask the pro's first.

thanks

Jason

I got my Yamoto Konig Monster today and the arms.....um.......suck! I can't get them to do anything short of "flop". I considered taking the screws out and putting somethig in the joints to tighten them up. But I figured I would ask the pro's first.

thanks

Jason

Hey Jason, what worked for me is thickening some the elbow area with transparent scotch tape. I can't take any photos at the moment; I'm replying from work...but it should work. I hope this helps. I'll try to get some photos, and maybe a video.

"Rotate floppy joints, HAL." :)

But seriously, the only decent way to pose the arms is to rotate the joints until some (or most) are perpendicular to gravity. i.e. More wrestling required.

I had this same problem right out of the box and was really dissappointed that the arms didn't have any kind of ratchet joints to help compensate for the weight. Best thing to do is like drifand said and rotate the joints until you get it into a pose where gravity isn't working against you. It limits your poses unfortunately, but you can still do the main ones.

Them floppy arms on the monster while on gerwalk mode was a definite pain when I got it. No matter what I did on the first few weeks I had it, I wound up with floppy arms that just would not stay up.............THen I figured to rotate the darn joints. Now the pose it just absolutely cool. Too Bad Yamato didn't work out a way to have them stay up without having to rotate the joints. Oh well.... at least it posed now and I don't plan to be touching it anytime soon as transforming it sure ain't exactly fun or easy. :)

I had this same problem right out of the box and was really dissappointed that the arms didn't have any kind of ratchet joints to help compensate for the weight. Best thing to do is like drifand said and rotate the joints until you get it into a pose where gravity isn't working against you. It limits your poses unfortunately, but you can still do the main ones.

I have it in Gerwalk mode right now, which is probably where it's going to stay. No matter where I rotate the arms it's a floppy mess :wacko:

I may take it apart and re-make the center section of the arm out of Delrin on the mill and create an interference fit. That won't be for a while though. I am too busy in the summer. I need to wait till the dead of winter when I'm not doing anything (my work is seasonal). It just bums me out a bit. It looks so sweet except for the slightly droopy arms. Droopy just doesn't work with the look of that thing. It should have the presence of a brick $h!thouse.

A 1/48 of this sucker would be cool. What a great display that would be. My Veritechs could stand under it in bad weather. :)

Them floppy arms on the monster while on gerwalk mode was a definite pain when I got it. No matter what I did on the first few weeks I had it, I wound up with floppy arms that just would not stay up.............THen I figured to rotate the darn joints. Now the pose it just absolutely cool. Too Bad Yamato didn't work out a way to have them stay up without having to rotate the joints. Oh well.... at least it posed now and I don't plan to be touching it anytime soon as transforming it sure ain't exactly fun or easy. :)

Maybe I need to take another shot at rotating the joints. I thought I hit every combo, but it sounds like there is a "secret" setup in there somwhere.

thanks

The easiest way to pose the arms and not have them flop down would be to make all the joints in the arm holding the roket launchers face sideways instead of down. THis way, the weight of the heavy rocket launchers would not have to be carried by the joints that can't stay up.

Everytime I read threads like this I laugh...

Nail polish this, scotch tape that, tighten screws here, file and drill there~

WE ARE YAMATO's QC DEPT. hahaha~ This is SAD. :rolleyes:

I have a konig monster myself and the only pose it'll ever do is a plain hands to the side mug shot, or the "gorilla on all fours"~ hehe

Edited by Nani?!

Everytime I read threads like this I laugh...

Nail polish this, scotch tape that, tighten screws here, file and drill there~

WE ARE YAMATO's QC DEPT. hahaha~ This is SAD. :rolleyes:

Quite right! One look at the way the arms are produced tells you A LOT about the people who made it. Knowing how heavy the arm launchers are, even a novice would tell you the joints need to be: A) detented; B) made of tough materials - like metal - to withstand the stresses in such a small area. What do we get? Smooth, no-friction plastic joints that flop around right OOB. THAT'S how much YAMATO cares about a 'job well done'. We're lucky if 'good enough' is really good enough.

I only bought the KM because I love the audacious design that made a field artillery piece independantly air-mobile. Since then, I only relented for the 0S and got YAMATOED. Silly me.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I tf the KM, I just mess with the shoulder and elbow joints a bit, and the arms stay horizontal in gerwalk mode. The KM is one menacing looking mech and would look even better with some more decals/stickers on it besides the "eyes" and U.N. kite ones. Any one know where I can find where the other markings go on the KM?

IIRC from previous posts, there are no other 'official' guides to the markings on the KM except for the 'eyes' and the Macross 'kite' insignia. The artwork I have of the KM from the VFX2 book is also 'clean'... so it's all up to you. :-)

I would agree, I basically canibalized different stickers that were left over from my other yamato macross stuff and slapped some of them on my KM.

Thanks for the responses drifand and rowlund. I guess the best bet would be to put the markings for shuttle mode, since most of the official valk markings are lined up for fighter mode. Pics of your stickered up KMs would be appreciated, just to get some ideas. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Old thread I know, but i just had to share my utter dissappointment, frustration and general hatred of this "toy". I bought one about a year ago, and took it out of the box for a couple of hours then, got P*@sed off with it and back in the box it went. I took it out again about an hour ago (being better at transforming the complicated valks now) and ARGH!!!!!! what a floppy, annoying, flimsy pile of s*@t. (EDIT - sorry for the bad language - if you own one you'll understand). I have the (very good) transformation guide by peolesdru which helps a lot, but I still weep at the total lack of tightness in any of the joints, and flimsy materials. If it was diecast it would be too heavy, in fact its already too heavy in places....GRRRRRR!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I am now captain angry bloke! :angry:

coming soon to a forum near you - one Yamato 1/100 Konig Monster VB-6 only been out of box for 2 hours........etc. etc...

Edited by vermillion01

Its a shame because i reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to have a monster destroid in gerwalk mode next to my valks or guarding my computer, but its (temperature rising.... blood boiling....)..... No, its not really worth it. Wait and see if Yamato ever bring one out ina different scale that works.

Actually if you can pick one up cheap it may be ok to glue into a certain pose, but as a transforming thing.... i'd rather chew off my own arm.

Edited by vermillion01

while not the greatest toy, I don't think its that bad. It's just decent. It's not a playing toy but more of a posing toy. Mind you it can't do very dynamic stances, but you can pull off some nice poses. I like it. What it lacks in playability, it makes up for in presence on my shelf.

vinnie

post-375-1190076318_thumb.jpg

post-375-1190076401_thumb.jpg

post-375-1190076538_thumb.jpg

while not the greatest toy, I don't think its that bad. It's just decent. It's not a playing toy but more of a posing toy. Mind you it can't do very dynamic stances, but you can pull off some nice poses. I like it. What it lacks in playability, it makes up for in presence on my shelf.

vinnie

DAMN! Those are some BIIIIIIG pics justvinnie!!! I know i know i may be a tad too harsh, but it vexes me that every time ( ok twice) i take it out of the box, it takes me about 10 mins to get frustrated with floppy bits.... actually make that 5 mins. It just isnt solid in any mode. Battroid mode being the most solid i guess. YAMATO ARE YOU LISTENING? BRING OUT THE PROPER MONSTER DESTROID IN 1/60!!!!!