GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

Normally I'm the first one to call crap on crap movies. I haven't seen the third Spider-Man or X-Men films, for example. And yet, this looks decently entertaining. I'll withhold more judgement until more clips and the movie itself is released, but this looks like Iron Man and Transformers: brainless, summer popcorn flick :)

Baroness looks better, Scarlett looks worse. (I can only handle so much blatantly fake red--when it starts getting into the pinkish-maroon-utterly-impossible category it really irks me, especially when the character's supposed to be a natural redhead) (it's also pretty darn inconsistent from scene to scene--which happens with intense fakey red dye as it's reapplied every week during filming---real red doesn't have that problem)

Baroness looks better, Scarlett looks worse. (I can only handle so much blatantly fake red--when it starts getting into the pinkish-maroon-utterly-impossible category it really irks me, especially when the character's supposed to be a natural redhead) (it's also pretty darn inconsistent from scene to scene--which happens with intense fakey red dye as it's reapplied every week during filming---real red doesn't have that problem)

LOL, THAT'S your biggest issue with this movie? She's hot and has big breasts....Next!

post-515-1233475157_thumb.jpg this guy is playing Ripcord :lol:

and post-515-1233475205_thumb.jpg snake eye's body looks like it's made of the same stuff as what's keeping this mountain dew cold post-515-1233475244_thumb.jpg :lol:

Not to mention that his visor looks like it has the heating elements from the rear window of a hatchback for defrosting :lol:

And why does he have lips? :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Hey, when a character is defined by their coloring and little else, when that's screwed up--what's left? (this affects Transformers more than GI Joe though)

Appropriate casting is more important to me than hair color.

The guy playing Storm Shadow is Korean. The kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun is playing Cobra Commander.

If you're biggest beef is an actress dyeing her hair red, then bully for you :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

I hate the version of G.I. Joe this film is based on utterly, (seriously, real G.I. Joe's are 12 in F*cking soldiers, not miniature Village people).

that said this looks entertaining, and F**K france :p

Edited by anime52k8

funny thing about that, I wasn't a kid in the 80's. I grew up with the big Joe's. :D

LOL, generational differences

You say America's movable fighting man, I say A Real American Hero

You say Kung Fu Grip, I say Swivel Arm Battle Grip

At least I didn't have to dress mine :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

ok, so what's the deal, did you have an older brother that passed em down :huh:

In the 90's they tried to bring back the old style 12 inch figures. I got into those from my dad who used to own the big ones back in the 60's when he was a kid.

This looks loud, over-the-top, puerile, and above all exceedingly stupid. IE, everything that I ever imagined a Stephen Sommers GI Joe movie would look like. The teaser looks like little more than some random scenes from Van Helsing updated with a 21st century look. Obviously he's done nothing but hone his "CGI things leap around the screen at a feverish pace" aesthetic since he last had a movie slither into theaters. For those whose main concern is (still) the dye in Scarlett's hair, what a marvelously sheltered little world you must live in. It must be nice to view the world through those child-like eyes, and not having to worry about grown-up things like story, acting, editing, etc. Personally, I'll be steering clear of this movie not because some actor doesn't have their natural hair color* but rather because this movie looks like a Tornado Whirlwind Kick to the scrotum.

*news flash: Tom Cruise wore a wig in Michael Mann's Collateral. Oh noes! Grey hair affectionados unite!

This looks loud, over-the-top, puerile, and above all exceedingly stupid. IE, everything that I ever imagined a Stephen Sommers GI Joe movie would look like. The teaser looks like little more than some random scenes from Van Helsing updated with a 21st century look. Obviously he's done nothing but hone his "CGI things leap around the screen at a feverish pace" aesthetic since he last had a movie slither into theaters. For those whose main concern is (still) the dye in Scarlett's hair, what a marvelously sheltered little world you must live in. It must be nice to view the world through those child-like eyes, and not having to worry about grown-up things like story, acting, editing, etc. Personally, I'll be steering clear of this movie not because some actor doesn't have their natural hair color* but rather because this movie looks like a Tornado Whirlwind Kick to the scrotum.

*news flash: Tom Cruise wore a wig in Michael Mann's Collateral. Oh noes! Grey hair affectionados unite!

Glad to see I'm not the only one with PMS :)

I STILL haven't seen the clips/trailer anything... Just the silly screen grabs that I critiqued a couple pages back. Anything up on Youtube?

Pete

what about the remake? Lars and the Real Doll...

hahaha, forgot about that one Exo

I STILL haven't seen the clips/trailer anything... Just the silly screen grabs that I critiqued a couple pages back. Anything up on Youtube?

seriously? You even posted 2 posts after I linked. Go to page 22 for quicktime and 21 for youtube.

:lol:

LOL, generational differences

You say America's movable fighting man, I say A Real American Hero

You say Kung Fu Grip, I say Swivel Arm Battle Grip

At least I didn't have to dress mine :lol:

well mine had a 3 foot long Jeep heavy enough to kill another child with so :p

I have many issues with the casting, I just like to mention one more than the others. :) (wanna guess my opinion on the Baroness having dark brown hair instead of black?)

Some men are ass-men, some are breast-men, and some are even foot-men. I like hair.

PS--" For those whose main concern is (still) the dye in Scarlett's hair, what a marvelously sheltered little world you must live in. It must be nice to view the world through those child-like eyes, and not having to worry about grown-up things like story, acting, editing, etc"

Yes, because all the actresses in this movie were clearly chosen for their multiple Oscar-winning roles, and not their sheer appearance, and the script is obviously among the greatest works of mankind. :p If they were aiming for anything other than childish and purile interests, they wouldn't have chicks in skin-tight outfits firing laserguns.

I am still trying to grasp the logic of this casting decision for the movie ... like WTH???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I was trying to be open minded about it and then I thought back to the last thing I saw him in, which was Havoc.

He played a white teenage kid who was a wannabe gangsta. Yeah, have no idea why they picked him.

Anybody else seen him in another movie lately? I think he was in the Lookout and Stop Loss which I never saw.

I think the kid playing Duke was in Stop Loss also. Maybe that's why.

They've taken the one franchise that would translate well to live action, with minimal changes, and turned into a superhero movie?

I just want Iron Man to come swooping in, and shut down their "power suits" on the grounds that their illegaly using Stark technology. GI Joe: Armor Wars.

Seriously? What happened to these guys just being really good soldiers? I'll check this out, when the DVD hits the bargain bin. I got turned off this early on, when they started dressing everybody like Snake Eyes. The high speed gymnastics down the street has done nothing to change my mind.

I have many issues with the casting, I just like to mention one more than the others. :) (wanna guess my opinion on the Baroness having dark brown hair instead of black?)

I think you're missing the important part here, and that is that Rachel Nichols is a babe and if You're looking at here hair long enough to notice that it's dyed... :rolleyes:

They've taken the one franchise that would translate well to live action, with minimal changes, and turned into a superhero movie?

I just want Iron Man to come swooping in, and shut down their "power suits" on the grounds that their illegaly using Stark technology. GI Joe: Armor Wars.

Seriously? What happened to these guys just being really good soldiers? I'll check this out, when the DVD hits the bargain bin. I got turned off this early on, when they started dressing everybody like Snake Eyes. The high speed gymnastics down the street has done nothing to change my mind.

You might wanna check out the teaser trailer for GI Joe Resolute. It'll be an online cartoon, but it looks to be more promising and more up your alley.

Bullets instead of lasers. And the sweet, sweet release of Cobra Troopers dying. Not parachuting out of FANGs, or running away from enemy laser fire, but getting shot, slashed, and cut the f*ck up by a geniune commando/ninja.