GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

What about the fact that Storm Shadow, a Japanese-American, is being played by a Korean?! ZOMGWTFBBQ! teh end of teh wurld!! :rolleyes:

I'd also like to point out that David H is far, FAR too willing to discuss the intricacies of women's hair coloring for any male. Far too much for any straight male, that is. Just sayin...

What about the fact that Storm Shadow, a Japanese-American, is being played by a Korean?! ZOMGWTFBBQ! teh end of teh wurld!! :rolleyes:

I'd also like to point out that David H is far, FAR too willing to discuss the intricacies of women's hair coloring for any male. Far too much for any straight male, that is. Just sayin...

Well there's something that you can't blame on EXO...

hopefully...

lol.

My like of *natural* red hair is known on several forums. As is my dislike of blatantly fake hair. It just ruins the effect. It's the same as some strippers with literally M-cup chests or something---5x larger than humanly possible, with literally gallons of silicone inside. So impossibly fake that there's no attraction--it's freaky, instead of attractive.

ok, if they were casting older, like if they were 18-20 years old in the 80's and the story is present time, these would be my picks for some of the ladies...

Connie Nielsen as Scarlett - ok not sure if she's a natural redhead, but she was in Devil's Advocate and since then she's always stuck out in my mind as the one to play Scarlett on the big screen. At this point I don't care if she's not a natural redhead, she will never look as bad as Jessica Alba going blonde hair/blue eyes for Sue Storm, so I can live with it ;)

Tina Fey as Baroness - ok, laughs aside, she IS of European descent, can be pretty hot at times and that scar on the left part of her chin lends a little credibility as far as looking like having a terrorist background (maybe Pimp Daddy Destro took a shiv to her grill after she hooked up with Flint)

Kimberley Joseph as Lady Jaye - Who you say? Well if you watch LOST, you may know her as Cindy the flight attendant who was thought to have been taken by the others, but turns out to be still alive. Why I picked her? Just look at her, it's friggin Lady Jaye

post-515-1194227479_thumb.jpg

chowyunskinny, you should work as a casting director in Hollywood. Seriously.

chowyunskinny, you should work as a casting director in Hollywood. Seriously.

Thanks! ^_^

Yeah I think that would be a fun and challenging job, but would probably be kinda disheartening if you didn't get your first picks or if you did but the chemistry of the cast just didn't work.

I think they've done a great job with the cast so far. No one's struck me as completely wrong for the role and I pretty much have said "yeah, I can see that" with who they have up to this point.

maybe that casting decision was made by whoever made the Domestic poster for Iron Monkey. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the two people in the poster were in the movie whatsoever

post-515-1198129212_thumb.jpg

does it matter? naw, cuz all us asians look the same :lol:

No f*ck no not Heavy Duty!!!!!

Heavy Duty was some average but semi-interesting Joe figures from 1991. Back in 2000 Hasbro decided to make Heavy Duty a featured character. He several toys made. He sort an successor to Road Block. I think the fans want Road Block but Hasbro kept pushing heavy duty.

I Agree no Heavy Duty, Give me Road Block, much better character. As for the hispanic guy as Breaker, I think he would be better for Zap, who was hispanic. I think we really need to see a leaked script for this. I am also hoping that they will keep the uniforms somewhat sane and regulation with only some minor variations, sure put SE in his black commando suit and web gear but I'd say no more variation then what was seen in say, Predator.

Exactly, I'd rather have Roadblock with his machine-gunning and culinary skills!

Those two disconnected skills alone make him far more interest than Heavy "Doodie."

Edited by Mog

No f*ck no not Heavy Duty!!!!!

Heavy Duty was some average but semi-interesting Joe figures from 1991. Back in 2000 Hasbro decided to make Heavy Duty a featured character. He several toys made. He sort an successor to Road Block. I think the fans want Road Block but Hasbro kept pushing heavy duty.

Wasn't it cause Roadblock one of the characters who was in legal limbo for a while? and that's why.

I know the legal issue with those characters has been resolved, though has the Hawk thing been taken care of? I still hear Tomohawk going around a lot more then I like.

But since then there's been too many projects with Heavy Duty that I think he's the new token black character... though I prefer Roadblock myself.

Yes the Hawk issue has been resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

As who? Ripcord? I can guess from the name what his job is, but seriously--if *I* don't immediately recognize the name, 99% of GI Joe fans won't. That's like having Roadgrabber in the new TF movie.

GI Joe movie should be 100% core characters that people know.

As who? Ripcord? I can guess from the name what his job is, but seriously--if *I* don't immediately recognize the name, 99% of GI Joe fans won't. That's like having Roadgrabber in the new TF movie.

GI Joe movie should be 100% core characters that people know.

To be truthful, Ripcord was from near the beginning if not AT the beginning. I recognize the name and I seem to recall that his job was arial insertions, HALO drops and the such.

Ripcord was an occasional character in the comics. If I remember right his earliest appearance was somewhere in the 20's issue wise. IMHO he was just another background ancillary character who had a few "star moments" in the comics but was nothing to write home about.

The thing that gets me is that this is kind of a glaring character redux. I mean, the "real" Ripcord is a white bread mild mannered white guy who is now slated to be played by an over the top comedic black actor. I really don't "see" the "new" Ripcord being the same old stodgy white guy background character with this casting... which means be prepared for Ripcord to suddenly become a mainstay front page character with most likely an over the top manic goofy humor streak. Which, taking that, makes me wonder what other "flavor" revisions are in line for the more mainstream namesake characters? What actor plays what character doesn't bother me as much as them handing a traditionally serious character to a comedic actor or vice versa. I mean, how would it feel if they suddenly cast Crispin Glover as Shipwreck?

Ripcord was an occasional character in the comics. If I remember right his earliest appearance was somewhere in the 20's issue wise. IMHO he was just another background ancillary character who had a few "star moments" in the comics but was nothing to write home about.

You're kidding, right? Ripcord was not only the first Joe to get boots on the ground on Cobra Island (whilst looking for Candy's* father, The Crimson Guardsman) but he was featured in a knock-down, dragout fight with Zartan, culminating in the famous "zomg who is teh wins?" final panel cliffhanger. Then he spent another 10 issues or so under cover as Zartan.

*aka Bongo the Balloon Bear

Ah, issue 45... that explains it. I never got most of the issues between 40 something and I think 50. The place I used to get them from (a grocery store) stopped carrying them and I had to "subscribe" and the first issue I got out of that subscription I think WAS issue 50.

I do remember the Balloon Bear truck chase with him, I think that was some issue in the 30's like 36 or something.

I do remember the Balloon Bear truck chase with him, I think that was some issue in the 30's like 36 or something.

Yeah, I don't really remember that issue as well, but I think I saw the cover for it while looking for #45. Something to do with Flint jumping off a helicopter onto a roller coaster, I think. I really should track down a torrent for all the old Marvel comics. It'd be neat to reread them again, 20 year later.

You guys are kidding right??? Ripcord = one of the waynes bros.??? OMFG!!! Yeah this movie will probably suck with casting like this. I hope it is good though.

Marlon Wayans? As Ripcord? a leader of the military unit?

WTF??? This makes no sense, I remember Ripcord was a semi-important character in the Joe comics - like others have said, he was linked with some girl named Candy - who was killed with the Soft Master and some other person by Scrap-Iron after their cr crashed or something like that ...

Edited by Vermillion21