1/48 Ultimate Detail Valk...

redfinger61

I really dont want to spark an argument about recasting and such, but I have to say, even though it is a recast, this kit is awsome!!! I am soo looking forward to building this. I feel it is goig to take alot of time and patience.

Anyone else had a chance to build this kit? I would love to here any feedback on it.

Ashton

You're not going to get in trouble here for building a recast of this model. The team that got recast it first formed here. If you got the one with metal gear then that was the one from these guys.

I own an original that I don't have the heart to put together. So I bought a recast one too.

Is this the Blackaces one?

Yes it is, infact I just bought it from Valkeryie(sp) The thign is really cool! I have spent about the last 2 hours or so just looking at all the pieces!! The detail is awsome!! And it is a lot bigger than I thought as well.

I asked about the re-cast, because at a certain other website, one that is very cool and informative, my post about this 1/48 recast was locked, saying "this website doest not support recasting, weather or not the model is in production or not..." So I just didn't want to get burned twice.

Ashton

My first posting on Macross World was waaaaaaay back in the archane days of the forum. I was responding to a posting by a person who had an original kit. He wouldn't go for less than $1500 for it. I even offerd $800 or $900 for it. I eventually got one for $500 from some people here who scoured Japan for Macross collectibles and shipped them to the stated through Shawn.

Those were the days.

Actually I still have an outstanding order for some books I asked for. Whatever happened with that? I was waiting for a total to pay.

Yes it is, infact I just bought it from Valkeryie(sp) The thign is really cool! I have spent about the last 2 hours or so just looking at all the pieces!! The detail is awsome!! And it is a lot bigger than I thought as well.

I asked about the re-cast, because at a certain other website, one that is very cool and informative, my post about this 1/48 recast was locked, saying "this website doest not support recasting, weather or not the model is in production or not..." So I just didn't want to get burned twice.

Ashton

Then you got one of the best recasts of this model that was ever done! Congrats!

Yeah, I must admit that the Club-M 1/48 VF-1S Ultimate Strike is one of the best resin kit ever produced. The kit allows to to configure it into so many ways that getting one is simply not enough ^_^

The only thing to watch out, whether original or re-cast are the two leg pieces. They are almost always in different lenghts. If you got a good cast, than we are only talking about a few mm's, not so good one and then this can be up to cm's!