ARMD-01/02 correct size..?

007-vf1

I have the Gold book were it states ( is in Japanese but I can sort of figure it out) that the ARMDs have a length of 450 m. and 220 m. width.

Most web sites I checked states that the length is only 430 m.. Which size is correct? I am building a model in 1/700 scale.. need some enlightenment from the experts in case I have to resize it...and start all over..

help would be appreciated..

V.

Yeah, I always wanted to know about that as well. There's other statistics listed in my Gold Book that are different from the ARMD stats shown in Macross Perfect Memory. For example, the Gold Book lists 262 VF-1 Valkyries and 66 QF-3000E fighters; quite a different complement from the TV series.

I have guessed the difference in length for the "ARMD DYRL" was due to those forward "booms" and the rearward "tail fins" adding an extra 30 meters to the length. This would be assuming that the main hull of the ARMD DYRL is the exact same length as the main hull of the ARMD TV Series, minus those booms and fins.

Edited by Mr March

Is this was true and the forward and rear "booms" added extra size to the just landing platform and tower area; it would be just around 325 m. long from end to end and 110-112 m. wide... so in essence the DYRL ARMDs are smaller than the regular series platforms...I came to this conclusion because of all the calculations I had to do to re-scale the model...

Then again, I am horrible at math...

:lol:

Thanks sketchley, that brings a closing to my inquiry..

I guess is just "about" because is full of protruding antennas and sensors which probably would not count as legitimate length

Mr March, if you correct that amount next update; you'll be one of the few websites with the correct dimensions..

Yeah, I'll have to correct the ARMD Class Carrier (Film Version) entry on the M3 to reflect the correct 450 meters and change the fighter craft complement to 262 VF-1 and 66 GF-3000E Ghost fighters.

Edited by Mr March