Yf-19 White Color Scheme

miriya

I just played with photoshop to get this color scheme but I think that the yf-19 looks great as white. I wonder if anyone has tried this as a custom? I would love to see how it would look actually as opposed to virtually via photoshop. If anyone wants to make or has already made one of these I would love to see photos of it. If I could afford it I would buy a yf-19 right now and commission one of you master modelers to customize it to the white color scheme. I will keep playing lotto and see what happens.

post-4840-1186339366_thumb.jpg

Does this color scheme come up in macross plus or anywhere else? Would yamato make a yf-19 in white?

It would look better cast in white plastic as opposed to painted.

Edited by miriya

Yeah, that does look good. It still looks a little bit off white as the pilot seems to be true white but this is the idea. I would love to see a yf-19 in batt mode in really true white and still having the gray, black and the red parts as well.

I like the white battroid, but the fighter mode just looks too plain, imo.

As much as I like the plain white, I guess I can see the "too plain" point of view. As I understand it, the -19 models weren't handed out to just any pilot, so I don't see them being painted in plain, regular fighter schemes. By contast, I could see the VF-11 models getting all kinds of low-vis, camoflage, and drab schemes, since the VF-11 was the workhorse.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I love the look of the figure in all white! Hope something like that is eventually officially released...

I'd also vote for the supernova scheme.

Only reason I am holding out for 1/60 YF-19 is I am quite certain those color scheme would eventually be released (like VF-1s).

I've made quick YF-19 color pallete while back and Blue & White scheme has been my best choise.

post-4983-1186549787_thumb.jpg

post-4983-1186549799_thumb.jpg

Edited by konimon

Only reason I am holding out for 1/60 YF-19 is I am quite certain those color scheme would eventually be released (like VF-1s).

I've made quick YF-19 color pallete while back and Blue & White scheme has been my best choise.

I like the first one (in the pic of six) the best. Although, put some skull & crossbone decals on the v-stabs of your favorite, and it would be pretty close for me. :)

I'd actually prefer any of the Ace Combat Zero schemes. Especially those camoflauge patterns or that digital pattern used on the Wyvern bird! Or just any camo job!post-5612-1186567396_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hayabusa

Great work on that. I like the gray one and the two white ones the best.

I've been pushing Yamato for ages to make a white YF-19, preferably one of the Super Nova color schemes, either the white with blue trim or white with orange trim.

Graham

Thank you Graham for your lobbying efforts. I guess most of us agree that we want to see the yf-19 in more color schemes.

I'd actually prefer any of the Ace Combat Zero schemes. Especially those camoflauge patterns or that digital pattern used on the Wyvern bird! Or just any camo job!post-5612-1186567396_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I had posted that image in the 19fp +foldildo thread. I'd definitely buy that scheme of 19. :)

I personally am not too keen on the camo especially after seeing the 1/48. But the more subdued camos may work or a gray/white snow camo. But if they would do a pink camo I would soooooo go for it! Like these samples here...

post-4840-1186600746_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1186600757_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
I just played with photoshop to get this color scheme but I think that the yf-19 looks great as white. I wonder if anyone has tried this as a custom? I would love to see how it would look actually as opposed to virtually via photoshop. If anyone wants to make or has already made one of these I would love to see photos of it. If I could afford it I would buy a yf-19 right now and commission one of you master modelers to customize it to the white color scheme. I will keep playing lotto and see what happens.

Not bad at all.

Sorry to say this to you, but that is disgusting. :blink: Especially the black scheme.

i like the white YF-19, it'll go great with my all white 'storm shadow' VF-1. :D

alaskabattfp.jpg

Wow! Do not disturb, That is a really nice valk. Did you just take the red off of a Hikaru for the body and paint the FP gray or did you paint the VF-1J White? If you did Strip the Paint off, how did you do it? I was thinking about doing a similar thing but with white on the FP too. I am not a modeler though and have no expericnce customizing. I have an old Jetfire that I am planning to customize as my practice, whenever I get the time.

Wow! Do not disturb, That is a really nice valk. Did you just take the red off of a Hikaru for the body and paint the FP gray or did you paint the VF-1J White? If you did Strip the Paint off, how did you do it? I was thinking about doing a similar thing but with white on the FP too. I am not a modeler though and have no expericnce customizing. I have an old Jetfire that I am planning to customize as my practice, whenever I get the time.

thanks for the props! :)

you are correct, i took all the red off a 1J hikaru using the steel wool and brasso method so you can handle it without worrying about paint scratches and such. you can save yourself a bunch of time and elbow grease by using the chameleon paint remover instead(its been posted here, just use the search and it'll come right up). overall the chameleon is easier to use than the steel wool and brasso method.

for the FP's i used krylon fusion paint(it actually changes the molecular structure of the plastic and fuses the paint to it). i can't remember the color off the top of my head but theres not much of a color palette last i checked. i just took apart what i had to and sprayed away. it took all of 30 minutes for prep and spray time.

trust me when i say this, i'm no modeler, not even in the slightest. i'm very much an novice at customizing and painting, i just follow the tips i've read on here and try my best to be patient when i take on a project. kurt, jung, and everyone else whos awesomer than me will tell you patience is the key to making yourself a nice custom. :)

Anyone ever save a pic of takatoys' YF-19 custom in the Skull-1 color-scheme?

I checked out the original thread/post, but the pics are no longer there. :(

He added a nice touch where the signature color-scheme is even on the chest parts in battroid mode.

Anyone ever save a pic of takatoys' YF-19 custom in the Skull-1 color-scheme?

I checked out the original thread/post, but the pics are no longer there. :(

He added a nice touch where the signature color-scheme is even on the chest parts in battroid mode.

In case you haven't already seen this, Chowser posted this in another thread.

yf19sxw9.jpg