Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S Roy Focker

warpaint22

post-5632-1186266798_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1186266839_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1186266887_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1186266942_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1186266994_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=44249:IMG_0026.JPG]post-5632-1186266616_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1186266748_thumb.jpg

This is my first post here after just working out how to sign up after about 8 months of slapping my forhead. Anyway I thought I'd post some pic's of one of my valk's that I have just finished for a customer over here in Oz. I'd love some feed back and just to say Hi to all and look forward to talking to you all. Hope you enjoy the pic's.

post-5632-1186267048_thumb.jpg

That looks sweet. May be you can try the technique here to get rid of that seam on the canopy on your next VF.

Yeah it's a pain but for what i charge I don't worry about it but for my own collection I go though the motions and polish it off. I wish hasegawa would go back to the old way they did canopies with out the line, would make my life easy. Oh I charge $170.00 AUD build painted and posted. I am getting this kit down to about 21/2 days work to complete.

Ooooo, that looks nice! The VF-0S isn't even my favorite design, but you've done a great job with it.

Congratulations on being able to get paid while doing your hobby.

A couple of suggestions -fixing that canopy seam and completing the panel lines around the tip of the nose would really help. Also, darkening the recesses inside the gun barrel and maybe some drybrushing of the gun barrel tips would add to the realism.

Like I said, these are just some tips from what I can see. Other than these nit-picks, your paint finish looks flawless and the decal application looks perfect! Hopefully we will see some more of your work on the boards here. (Welcome by the way!)

P.S. Everyone here really loves build up threads. (hint-hint) It looks like you could share some good tips with the rest of us!

Ooooo, that looks nice! The VF-0S isn't even my favorite design, but you've done a great job with it.

Congratulations on being able to get paid while doing your hobby.

A couple of suggestions -fixing that canopy seam and completing the panel lines around the tip of the nose would really help. Also, darkening the recesses inside the gun barrel and maybe some drybrushing of the gun barrel tips would add to the realism.

Like I said, these are just some tips from what I can see. Other than these nit-picks, your paint finish looks flawless and the decal application looks perfect! Hopefully we will see some more of your work on the boards here. (Welcome by the way!)

P.S. Everyone here really loves build up threads. (hint-hint) It looks like you could share some good tips with the rest of us!

Thanks for that it's great to hear different ideas, this is what I would call a clean model with no weathering at all as the customer asked. I'm going to post the same kit I've done again for another customer which is the complete opposite with a good deal of weathering. The canopy line is my own lazy fault and I'm going to take this as a sign to just add that little extra to my models. But it's great to hear all your ideas as it will only make me better. I have some build up pic's of the VF-0S, SV-51 Nora and a VF-1S Minmay Guard Paris if you would like them posted. Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I used to work commercially too, building up and painting armour and automobile models in Sydney, and I would have to say your costs are very, very reasonable. Nice job. I would have weathered it a bit more myself, but that kind of thing depends on the client tastes, and funds allocated...

I used to work commercially too, building up and painting armour and automobile models in Sydney, and I would have to say your costs are very, very reasonable. Nice job. I would have weathered it a bit more myself, but that kind of thing depends on the client tastes, and funds allocated...

Well it's more a labour of love and keeps the collection going. My plans are to produce like many others my own resin kits, but this takes time and money. My first task I think is a little daunting but I'm constructing a 1/700 Prometeus, it's huge but it's getting there. No pic's yet as I want to make sure it looks the part before I start posting it. I must say Macross Zero has opened some doors for the hobby as it basicly means any modern military weapons can be modeled in UN or Anti-UN. I'm planing on some diorams of 1/72 tanks,valk's and destroids, but first I have to finish my 1/72 F-14D Tomcat in "Jolly Roger" markings but with the UN Spacy markings instead of the USN. This will go in my line up of the F-14D, Vf-0S and then VF-1S and mybe a Yf-19 in Skull squadron markings. I figure that why couldn't Roy pilot a F-14D before he went into the Valk program. Oh here's a good question, who would you guys make Roy's RIO ( Backseater) in an F-14 just prior to Macross Zero? A guy has me doing the same type of line up with F-14D-F/A-18F and VF-0B all in Diamondback markings, it steps a little out of the two squadrons that there was of the VF-0 but should look cool.

Yeah it's a pain but for what i charge I don't worry about it but for my own collection I go though the motions and polish it off. I wish hasegawa would go back to the old way they did canopies with out the line, would make my life easy. Oh I charge $170.00 AUD build painted and posted. I am getting this kit down to about 21/2 days work to complete.

Actually Has intends for that seam to be there, it is the same w/ the F-16 model they make as well....the problem is the shape of the canopy, you see it has a very bolbous(sp) shape, so it cant be cast in a single mold, or they wouldnt be able to get it out, so they have to cast the canopy in a mold that splits....Given the fact that is what they have to do, I think the seam line being as small as it is is great!

Model looks good btw.

Ashton

That Gamma Nora is well done. The preshading takes away some of the weird factor in terms of colour scheme.

I agree! That's one of the best SV-51 Nora's I've seen. I think that paint scheme needs some pretty heavy weathering to make it even begin to look realistic.

I agree! That's one of the best SV-51 Nora's I've seen. I think that paint scheme needs some pretty heavy weathering to make it even begin to look realistic.

seconded. There's only one little detail that bothers me a bit. The yellow striping is located above the weathering which looks a bit odd. Other than that, beautiful models.

• 1 month later...
great stuff

that Nora and YF-21 look very nice

I've still yet to see someone who has match the right blue on the YF-21 to the blue on the decal canopy, of course, that blue sucks, hehehehhehehe

Does anyone have a close pait mix for the light blue on the YF-21 canopy, I hate using the decal. I thought I'd ceep adding to my post so here is my YF-19 with framed box art and red cedar base. I did this model in a gloss finish as to simulate when Isamu first see's the aircraft and runs his hand down the side, there is a clear refection of his hand.

post-5632-1190441777_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1190442125_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1190442323_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1190443865_thumb.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

Hey boss im trying to check you out on MySpace and the link says I have to be your friend first..

PM me your MySpace name and I'll send add request.

Oh if you want to see more of my models then the link will take you to my myspace album.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...6&view=true