VF-11(x) Thunderbolt Thread

kensei

So our 1/72 VF-11 is close to a 1/60 eh? Oh well! Let's just have Yamato build it again but with more articulation then. Add some boosters, Fast pack, missiles, and a nice box and may your wallet be 'thin' for awhile. Sort of off topic, but what would you think if Yamato made the DRONE fighter jets? http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20Pl...ronefighter.htm I'd really want these little flies along with my VF-11 (If it Yamato does build one...)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice discussion that merits some resurrection.

I've long thought Yamato should revisit the 1/60 VF-1 line since most of the features we have in the 1/48, from radar nose cone to the flaps, the transformation design (hip bar deal might need to be metal, but easy enough), removable intake covers, engine / intake detail, opening canopy, airbrake, etc are easily implemented in 1/60. VF-11 could be the perfect opportunity to begin to incorporate all the stuff they've learned and begin doing stuff at a unified scale, instead of popping all over the place.

Sadly, those of us wanting perfet transform 1/60 VF-1's are in the minority. i think it'd be awesome too, but most people just want new fighters, which I can understand. Maybe they'll do em one day :)

I don't know about anyone else, but Graham's most recent comments about Yamato never doing any 2-seater 1/48 valks, and to "read between the lines", seems to suggest that maybe they will do them in another scale since he specified "1/48".

Maybe Yamato is planning to re-do the VF-1 line in 1/60 scale, VF-1Ds and Elintseekers included.

I'm with uxi and scream man, in wanting some 1/60 perfect transformation VF-1(x) valkyries, incorporating all that Yamato has learned up to this point (like not to make the flaps on the wings moveable :p ). However, I am not ready for them to redo them yet. I want some non-VF-1 stuff for a bit. I would also hope that the price point would be much lower than the more recent releases.

I can't remember if the VF-11B in VFX2 had the M+ gunpod or the M7 gunpod... Because I like both series' gunpods.

Sadly, those of us wanting perfect transform 1/60 VF-1's are in the minority. i think it'd be awesome too, but most people just want new fighters, which I can understand. Maybe they'll do em one day :)

Minority could turn into the majority depending on how good it could turn out. I don't want a shrunken down 1/48 however, I don't think the 1/60 VF-1 would need a removable randome, movable flaps and airbrake. Those are just more parts prone to looseness over time and prone to losing. It could be prominently plastic with minimal use of diecast, copying the 1/48 transformation and missle attachement pylons which were superior on the 1/48 than the 1/60 VF-1.

I'd love a VF-11B in VFX-2 colors, that skull scheme is spectacular in the game. The VF-11B is one of my favorite designs, and I hope Yamato makes it, since as of now its the only Macross Plus main valkyrie left to make. I want FAST packs, and the atmosphere boosters Isamu used when he was the chase pilot for Guld. Rather than pack them seperately, I want them all included in one set, like the first VF-11B toy was.

I was thinking, a VF-11 isn't much larger than a VF-1 is it? So it shouldn't be as expensive as Yamato's recent releases, unless... They package it with every possible accessory they can fit in the box like FAST packs, booster rockets, a display stand and maybe an X-9 ghost.

So I guess we could expect an relatively cheap VF-11 or a VF-11 packed with tons of extra's

Either option sound great to me. :rolleyes:

Yep, the VF-11 is just a tiny bit longer in fighter, and taller in battroid.

The VF-11 should come packaged with fast packs straight from the beginning, like the SV-51. :) I could care less about the rockets and ghost X-9. Besides, I think the X-9 should get a separate release, so that you don't have to buy a valk to get it in case not everyone likes the VF-11 (inconceivable!). They could always do a second VF-11 pack that has fast packs and booster rockets.

Relatively cheap VF-11 sounds great to me too Dante74. Affordable with fast packs sounds just as good. :)

The VF-11 should come packaged with fast packs straight from the beginning, like the SV-51. :) I could care less about the rockets and ghost X-9. Besides, I think the X-9 should get a separate release, so that you don't have to buy a valk to get it in case not everyone likes the VF-11 (inconceivable!).

...or for those of us who dont like the ghost...

Someone beat me to this point but yeah, the -11 is roughly the same size as the VF-1 and the OG "1/72" release was actually closer to 1/62 scale when the math was done, in which case a 1/60 release would be a negligible size difference. I suspect that if the 'bolt gets the "ultimate" treatment that it'll be released in 1/48 scale... at least that's what I'm hoping for...

I've been wondering if Yamato won't just fudge the scale to keep the 11 in line with the other Mac+ valks... I've always wondered why the designs suddenly jump so much in size... you've got the Vf-1 and 11 and others in between there that are all around the same size, and then suddenly the valks get bat-friggen huge like the 21/22... what happens? It's be much nicer if they are all a little closer in size so we could get one scale of valks all around the size and quality of the 1/48 Vf-1 and recent 1/60 releases.... just ret-con the 1/48 Vf-1 to actually be 1/60 scale and then make the 11 the same size :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll do both options. A relatively bare VF-11B with Fast Packs for relatively cheap ($100 would be sweeeet) wand then an ultimate version with Chase Plane Boosters, Ghost, Foldildo, etc.

Then repaint time for a vanilla VF-11C Fast Pack, Protect Armor Accessory, and they can do a full 1/60 M7 / VFX2 license and redo the 1/60 YF-21 as a VF-22S.

I was personally hoping that if Yamato does a VF-11B with gunpod only (no FP, no rocket boosters) it would be for around $75. 11b w/FP I was hoping to be closer to $90 than $100, but it's my wishful thinking.

And they couldn't miss doing the protect armor for the VF-11. It's too awesome to pass up.

There are some resin 1/72 VF-11's out there.

I have the Rettpu resin kits of the VF-11 in both Battroid and Valkyrie modes. I was told that these are closer to 1/60 than 1/72. If the SHE 1/100 is closer to 1/72 then I guess, way back when these kits were produced, someone just screwed up on the calculation and then everybody else followed suit based on it.

At any rate, I am really looking forward to the resin kit that Valk009 has lined up in production. It's supposed to be the accurate scale and is expected to have the armored version as well.

If Yamato does give us a 1/60 scale VF-11, size relative to the 1/60 YF-19 and 1/60 scale YF-21 won't be an issue, really. Yamato can simply tweak the size and have SK give it the thumbs-up as official -- this approach has been implemented before; I'm still confused about the whole official color of the 1/60 scale VF-0 Shin/CF/whatever. :mellow:

Then, in a Mr. Burns voice (The Simpsons ;) ), SK will say, "Now, go and correct your little interweb compendiums and mecha manuals -- he_he_he."

If --more likely when-- Yamato does revisit the VF-11 for the "1/60" treatment, I hope they include wing hard points a la VF-0 and SV-51 (they should have done so on the YF-19 on principal alone)... I'd love to be able to mount ordnance on it. As for size, I've said it before: make it to 1/55 and call it 1/60.

The VF 11 will be 1/48 or 1/50 scale as it is just a bit bigger than the VF-1

they made macross plus / macross zero toys 1/60 in order to keep the size

in the same range when displaying with your 1/48 scales

this puppy will be great next year :ph34r:

for yamato the size will justify the price right ??? :rolleyes:

so get ready for a big bird !

Nope, Graham already stated that Yamato will not make any more VF's in 1/48th scale. And they made the other Mac+ toys in 1/60 because that's the scale they used for every other of their VF's.

a 1/60 scale will just look wrg IMO

toooooo smalllllllllllllll :wacko:

yamato will be cheating on the scale and make it as big as a VF-1

I bet you anything

But, the VF-11 is a small valkyrie. If I remember correctly, the VF-1, VF-4, and VF-11 are all around the size of a F-16 Falcon, while the VF-0, YF-19, and YF-21/VF-22 are closer in size to the F-14 Tomcat.

This is personal taste, but I'd prefer if they kept the valkyries in scale with each other from now on. I also like the fact that the earlier valkyries were smaller sized. The smaller size would also help reduce the cost, especially if they have enough repaints. There's the M+ scheme, VFX2 Ravens, plain white (like M7 without having to brand it as a M7 11C :p ), stealth, low vis, and why not apply Dobber's SV-51 paint scheme to the VF-11? :D

I think it would also look pretty cool to have the smaller valks standing by the larger, "newer" ones (exception on the VF-0 that is canonically not new) in battroid. Or parked near them in fighter. The only concern I'd have with a 1/60 scale VF-11 is how they would do the shoulder transformation. While that fear stems from the VF-0, I have some faith they could pull off something akin to the YF-19 elbows that I was fearing would break in no time. I'll be more, or less, concerned on this issue after the SV-51 and YF-21 have been out for a while.