1/72 YF-21/VF-22 Hasegawa Battroid Conversion

PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Here's another update...

Alright... awaiting to complete a members list, send out confirmation PM's, shipping info, a couple of more cds (for instructions, reference pics), totals and payments.

Payment Plans: I will be taking PayPal and Postal Money Orders; sorry no checks.

I will take PayPal under the circumstances that the payment sender will cover the PayPal fee (I think it's 4% correct me if I'm wrong).

It may not look like much, but here they are 20 kits in a box:

post-4919-1192162533_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I was unable to get the extra time to develop the joints for this kit. I was hoping to get around to it, but seeing as casting for my first time took a bit I wasn't able to get around to converting the kit and making recasts of those parts (esp. when school was starting). If you guys beat me to it I'll be looking foward to the threads/posts here on the forums. -=]

Max

***EDIT***

Aside from that seeing how the kit was made it's quite possible (easy) to convert it into a joint kit. Just get a couple of Kotobukiya joint sets and just carve or drill some extra grooves in the correct locations and it's converted.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has any one completed this conversion kit? I am near completion on mine (putty applied and requires last bit of sanding - a lot of sanding and drilling went into this one) and expect to post some pics later this week or early next week. I would like to see what others did on this as well.

FYI, I have added a few ball joints and poly caps. It's not completely poseable since I did not add joints to the knee or elbow. Adding them could ruin the original design (unless I completely rebuilt/resculpted those joints - for which I didn't have time or the energy after all the sanding and drilling). However, with the joints added, I can get the arms and the legs to rotate, the wrists and the ankles were attached using ball joints for better poseability.

By the way, does anyone have a cool color scheme for a battroid YF-21/VF-22? I am thinking of going slightly off-canon... I am considering a prototype Milia (with the red-tone color scheme) but if there's anything else that might catch the eye, I am open to suggestions.

Has any one completed this conversion kit? I am near completion on mine (putty applied and requires last bit of sanding - a lot of sanding and drilling went into this one) and expect to post some pics later this week or early next week. I would like to see what others did on this as well.

FYI, I have added a few ball joints and poly caps. It's not completely poseable since I did not add joints to the knee or elbow. Adding them could ruin the original design (unless I completely rebuilt/resculpted those joints - for which I didn't have time or the energy after all the sanding and drilling). However, with the joints added, I can get the arms and the legs to rotate, the wrists and the ankles were attached using ball joints for better poseability.

By the way, does anyone have a cool color scheme for a battroid YF-21/VF-22? I am thinking of going slightly off-canon... I am considering a prototype Milia (with the red-tone color scheme) but if there's anything else that might catch the eye, I am open to suggestions.

Haven't started.... but would you mind showing us some pictures of your modifications? I have some ideas for the knee joints, but the ankles make me wonder whether its at all worthwhile to do.

Haven't started.... but would you mind showing us some pictures of your modifications? I have some ideas for the knee joints, but the ankles make me wonder whether its at all worthwhile to do.

Sure. I will post some pics later this week or early next week. For me, the ankles were easy. I just took the medium-size ball joints available (I used the clear ones made by Yellow Submarine - which tend to be the sturdiest in my opinion) and connected them. Because the socket protrudes a bit, a lot more details of the top of the feet show now (which I kind of like) and makes the battroid stand taller.

As for the knee joint, it should be a lot more work. Since I have an extra kit, I might try tackling this next time.