Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

According to a friend of mine in the film industry 35mm film has resolutions that are far in excess of what a digital HD transfer can carry at the moment. I do not recall the actual megapixel comparisons between the two, but it is significant.

The HD cameras Lucas used on the prequels is a higher resolution than standard HD, but not as high as film.

RAW resolution yes, or did but not anymore with the newer HD cameras. Clarity no. HD doesn't have the grain limiter that 35mm has.

http://www.filmschoolonline.com/sample_les..._HD_vs_35mm.htm

Either way it doesn't matter when a show/movie is crap. <_<

-----

Man! I wish they'd release SOME footage or final designs! This waiting is nutz!

You'd think if they had any real promo footage for Macross F they'd be include it the 25th anniversary dvd sets. Since it is not mentioned I think were talking mid-late 2008 before this series airs on TV. Does the "new tv" season in Japan start in the fall like it does in US/Canada?

Yeah, I can't see this airing this year. :(

I hope we get to see the promo movie and some lineart of the mecha soon. The suspense is killing me.

Still, I'd rather they take their time and get it right and not rush things. I don't want to see a recap episode every 4 weeks like certain other shows.

Graham

I hope we get to see the promo movie and some lineart of the mecha soon. The suspense is killing me.

Still, I'd rather they take their time and get it right and not rush things. I don't want to see a recap episode every 4 weeks like certain other shows.

Graham

Didnt some episodes of SDFM get delivered from the studio to the TV station on the same day they were due to air?? Except for some pretty ugly Animefriend episodes which I doubt were delivered too late that series turned out pretty well. Maybe Kawamori and Co worked well under pressure?

Graham

http://www.animate.tv/news/detail.php?id=a...;rid=&type=

さらに2009年放映予定のマクロスシリーズ最新作『マクロスフロンティア(仮)』のパイロットフィルムも本邦初公開! 

The new Macross Frontier will be released in broadcast schedule 2009.

AND... there is a conversation in early 25th Live.

==================================================

速水:あ、あと二年の時間ですね。

河森:そうですよ、今マクロスまだ修復中です。

Sho Hayami: Is there 2 years?

Shoji Kawamori: Hmmm... The Macross is repairing now.

==================================================

SK's mean is the release date in 2009~~~

I think it.

p.s.

Feb. 2009, Macross's space launching ceremony.

2009~~~~

It is Perfect time~~~

^^

Edited by kresphy

Yeah, the Bablefish translation is nonsense, but I don't think we are going to have to wait until 2009.

2008 most likely, but no way 2009.

Yeh, I can't make heads or tails of the machine translation. We need a translator.

Well, being in 2008/2009 gives breathing room from Gundam 00.

If it is 2009 I can see the parallel and it is kinda fun in that respect.

To take a year to produce a series means it'll either be very long or film quality animation.

The real question is how could they have convinced the sponsors to sit on their investments for over a year to release in 2009?!

Besides that, they could show SDFM AND Mac 7 and still have a lull between shows... :blink:

Bad news guys. I had my wife read the parts in Japanese for me.

The series will come out in 2009. However the pilot episode will air before then. And Sho Hayami says "Another two years?" while SK confirms it.

Damn. And here I was hoping for a good dose of some Macross goodness before the end of the year. :(

The series will come out in 2009. However the pilot episode will air before then. And Sho Hayami says "Another two years?" while SK confirms it.

Damn. And here I was hoping for a good dose of some Macross goodness before the end of the year. :(

Well, I guess I'll just need to quote myself then.

Here goes...

2009???!?! :blink::wacko:

Well, now they won't (in my mind) have an excuse for recycled animation. Especially battle animation and transformation animation.

ah, they'll still have the month long battle where the pilots are about to fight one another, but instead reminise about the past as they fly towards each other. All the while screaming their attack in real life, while their memories get a slow sad piano song, with sepia tone images of them as small children, clutching a teddy bear with one hand and holding back their tears with the other, sniffle sniffle.

pilot 1: Macross Gunpod ATAAAACK!

pilot 2: ZENTRADI MISSILE BAAAAAARRRAAAAGE!!!

Pilot1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRG!!!!

Pilot2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

:p

Well, now they won't (in my mind) have an excuse for recycled animation. Especially battle animation and transformation animation.

If memory serves right, we didn't get much of those in Macross Zéro.

Thanks for the translation! If I'm not mistaken, isn't this pretty unusual for an anime tv series? I can't recall the last anime TV series that had such a huge gap between the pilot episode and the regular series.

Be careful what you wish for, there's always the possibility that Macross Frontier could make Manimal look like an Emmy winning series.

This will hurt the franchise even more and giving MSG00 and Eva more popularity <_<

I love Macross as much as the next guy (or I wouldn't be here), but comparing Macross to Gundam is like comparing Firefly to Star Wars. Macross/Firefly might be better, but they're not even a blip on the radar of the megafranchises that are Gundam/Macross. I don't see delaying Macross as hurting the franchise, because airing it at the same time as Gundam 00 would have been suicide.

ah, they'll still have the month long battle where the pilots are about to fight one another, but instead reminise about the past as they fly towards each other. All the while screaming their attack in real life, while their memories get a slow sad piano song, with sepia tone images of them as small children, clutching a teddy bear with one hand and holding back their tears with the other, sniffle sniffle.

pilot 1: Macross Gunpod ATAAAACK!

pilot 2: ZENTRADI MISSILE BAAAAAARRRAAAAGE!!!

Pilot1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRG!!!!

Pilot2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

:p

You forgot the flashback episode needed for everyone to remember what the pilots are reminiscing about. Without a flashback episode sandwiched in between it just sounds incomplete. :p

2009... Ok... Guess I'll be seeing a Robotech movie before I get more Macross...

This will hurt the franchise even more and giving MSG00 and Eva more popularity <_<

I dislike both Evangelion and Gundam. You don't need an almost religiously polemic theme and annoying characters, or tons of designs and cheap merchandising to get a great sci-fi franchise and macross prove that!

Just my two f#%&ing cents!

2009! :angry:

Oh well 2009, well that gives me more time to collect the Yammies that are out and comming out before I have to worrie about new mecha toys and models. Be nice to see a little something though. Maybe they have something short planned in the mean time like a 2012 flasback style show to lead up to the new release, be nice if any gaps need filling.