Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

HUmm........... me like twins :lol:

/me Drives the Topic Bus back into oncoming traffic...

I want to know (The Game!tm)

1) Does the current VF's of SDFM:F's ear have PPB? have internal Fold capabilty?

2) Is there a fortress style Macross ship in the fleet?

3) what are the odds of this Macross IP having legal issues as far as overseas marketing? any potentional wranglings related to previous legal crap?

/me blinks

Hopefully this new star will be a more mature and endearing character than Minmei. I have a feeling that the little green haired girl is going to be a very annoying classmate for Satome.

So you have the same feeling about Ranka Lee, huh... :p I hope she'll be a surprise and not be annoying.

How true, I dearly hope Ranka won't turn into ZZ's Ple...she annoys me to no end.

In case we're both wrong, RankaRankaRankaRankaRankaRankaRankaRankaRankaRanka (resonate a la Keroro Gunsou?)

Alright. THIS definitely wasn't in the trailer. Is this from the Frontiers of Macross special?

Can you say....ARMORED VF-25?!?!?!?!?!

-snip-

I love the bottom image (bottom), dunno what to make of the top one though.

Love the blonde chicks (there's two?) design. Atlast some blondey goodness. I'm thinking of the PVC/Resin statues coming out!

Yep two

singer girl at the front, officer at the back

post-1955-1195337914_thumb.jpg

Alright. THIS definitely wasn't in the trailer. Is this from the Frontiers of Macross special?

2005626404945421407_rs.jpg

Whoa. Where did those pictures come from? Anyways Armored VF-25 seems cool, but I need more shots of it. B)). And the bottom picture does look like a homage to the original SDFM. Hehe I wonder what else will be seeing in this new series. I can't wait for 08. WOOT

Um, awesome! :)

The "Armored" VF-25 is hard to get a handle on. I think I see a lot of the standard VF-25 hull in that picture. There's armor only on a single side of the arm with little armor anywhere on the torso except the top portion and the hips appear bare as well. It almost looks like this could be a picture of a VF-25 Super rather than an armored variant.

Edited by Mr March

Whoa. Where did those pictures come from? Anyways Armored VF-25 seems cool, but I need more shots of it. B)). And the bottom picture does look like a homage to the original SDFM. Hehe I wonder what else will be seeing in this new series. I can't wait for 08. WOOT

can I get a better link to the commercial please

I believe that this is like a version between FAST Pack and also GBP Armour, not that some of the regions are not fully armoured and thus provide no hindrance to transforming. Yet we see a reinforced shield, and some chest armour plates.

Translation of the text on those two recent pictures from UN Spacy:

"Macross F (Frontier)"

"Macross 25th Anniversary Commemoration Special

End of the year, decision to broadcast"

This is consistent with the article in Newtype, which has numerous references to a broadcast starting this winter. *cough* winter starts December 1st *cough*

HOLY !@*(&!(*@ KAWAMORI!!

That super VF-25 is awesome!

at 00:02 of the video, you can see a fastpacked VF-25 fighter , with boosters on the wings very much like the SV-51. Then at 00:06, you'll see "Roy Focker" in gerwalk mode with the boosters transforming into battroid mode. I wasn't that excited with the VF-25 until now!!

Thanks kreshpy and unspacy for links and youtube posting!

Oh man, I have a bad feeling "atashi no uta o kike". :( It seems Basara's influence has leaked over into Macross Frontier somewhat.

I'm loving the VF-25 more and more. The battroid mode looks much more aggressive with all the extra bits.

Looks like that new Armour/FAST Pack allows full transformation. It's friggin' huge. Notice the transformation in the new commercial, the slowness of it makes it seem huge and cumbersome. There also seems to be two types of systems, one lighter (as worn by the Hikaru-scheme) and the heavier one.

I'd hate to be the guy that designs that toy. Friggin bits sticking out everyhwere!

Edited by kensei

Okay, so I don't check this thread for about a week and everything comes out during my time away. Eh, no worries, everything looks pretty cool, looking forward to new Macross. The new valk design works for me, and the armored version looks pretty kick ass. Not too worried about the Space Monster thing either, who says they are all unintelligent hive minded beings. Maybe these "bugs" are intelligent and individual minded and we will see Ace Bug versus Human Ace VF pilot action anyway.