Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

Does some one know what was the latest character design work Mikimoto was involved in?

I'd like to take a look at his recent works, and maybe get an idea of where he's gone to. Most artists change their styles along their carreers, and I don't think he's an exception. Just take a look at his latest Minmei design (which I also love, BTW).

Does some one know what was the latest character design work Mikimoto was involved in?

I'd like to take a look at his recent works, and maybe get an idea of where he's gone to. Most artists change their styles along their carreers, and I don't think he's an exception. Just take a look at his latest Minmei design (which I also love, BTW).

His last animated work was on Aquarion Age The Movie. He's been doing other various artwork since.

Has anyone considered the reason they've moved the release to 2009 is that they decided to start from scratch all over again in favor of a more polished product (valks, plot, staff, everything) ?

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you're going to makes us wait till '09 then BRING HARUHIKO MIKIMOTO BACK!

Kawamori valks + Yoko Kanno music + Haruhiko Mikimoto style + Satelight CG = WIN

Maybe MF like Satelight's Aquarion(創聖のアクエリオン)

2003, it was confirmed.

2004, Official Web Site was opened.

2005, it was released.

Mikimoto??? Come back???

NO~~~ When Macross 7 was finished, the Macross age of Mikimoto is over!

The Macross Series will become SK's Macross.

I think it is SK's wish, own Macross!!! without other.

Has anyone considered the reason they've moved the release to 2009 is that they decided to start from scratch all over again in favor of a more polished product (valks, plot, staff, everything) ?

Starting over?

I can't buy into that line of reasoning.

I think that would've leaked out and turned into a shitstorm of articles about how Satelite and Kawamora were at odds over the production. Also if they have indeed started over that means quite abit of the production was utter crap from one of their viewpoints, was cost projected through the roof, or the productions requirements needed people that they could in no way schedule to work on the project.

To be honest since they have projected the show for 2009 and with Kawamora having a rather full plate the last few years, epsecially this year, I think that they have shown mainly more current pre-production material(including the video capture). Getting the singer/actress this year, they'll have to tailor the voice material to her, and more than likely using the "animate-to-the-actors" method of character animating. Both of which require time to do. Getting ahead on the CG work for a weekly show. All of which demands scheduling and timing to get done. I think that it's just a simple matter of getting the needed items in place.

To be honest since they have projected the show for 2009 and with Kawamora having a rather full plate the last few years, epsecially this year, I think that they have shown mainly more current pre-production material(including the video capture). Getting the singer/actress this year, they'll have to tailor the voice material to her, and more than likely using the "animate-to-the-actors" method of character animating. Both of which require time to do. Getting ahead on the CG work for a weekly show. All of which demands scheduling and timing to get done. I think that it's just a simple matter of getting the needed items in place.

Considering that they only have Kawamori taking the executive role in this, a director, character designers, a composer, a 1 script writer/screenplay writer, and 1 VA...that's not a lot of people at the moment. We still need producers, show runners, sound editors, animators, animation directors, What was seen at the concert (considering it was called a "pilot screening") was probably what they had drawn up in their spare time. The people that will probably work on this show are probably tied up with just their current work and are slowly moving to working on MF.

Considering that they only have Kawamori taking the executive role in this, a director, character designers, a composer, a 1 script writer/screenplay writer, and 1 VA...that's not a lot of people at the moment. We still need producers, show runners, sound editors, animators, animation directors, What was seen at the concert (considering it was called a "pilot screening") was probably what they had drawn up in their spare time. The people that will probably work on this show are probably tied up with just their current work and are slowly moving to working on MF.

Therefore the idea of a total re-start isn't so far fetched. They're still at a very early stage of development, the pilot screening is just a temporary demo of what they have done in the last few weeks not the whole production, so dramatically changing the show at this point is not that terrible. What gives me this impression is the fact that we're still waiting to see something definitive, like a cast of characters or valks or anything, so far everything we've heard is simply speculation (plot-wise).

I think Kawamori is aware of the responsibility he and the whole crew have in terms of developing a top-level production for the 25th anniversary, everything has to be there, from the valks, to the music, to the plot, so releasing the series this year with what little material and planning they had would've been a disaster. Delaying the release until 2009 could be just a sign that they decided to start over again and that they're willing to spend all this time in delivering a ¨M+ level series¨.

Therefore the idea of a total re-start isn't so far fetched. ...*snip*

It's kinda hard to say they are restarting development when there hasn't been a great deal of development. Again, it doesn't even sound like they started development (pre-pre-production) until they did the audition back in March. Satelight has been working on KISSDUM and Aquarion since late 2006 so they have been tied up on that. I doubt Kawamori wants to go to an outside studio (Kawamori is one of the heads of Satelight so why not do it in-house, so-to-speak). If they just started pre-production this year, they definitely would not have made it to October with work still being done on KISSDUM. So I think this "delay" thought is NOT even part of the equation of why we are seeing talk of a 2009 release. They've barely started and I think the schedule is just packed for the rest of this year. I doubt they will even make it to the Winter broadcast schedule because that line-up is being done now. If KISSDUM is only 26 episodes and the last episode just aired this week, then most of those people are just now switching over to their next project (even then, they are probably not entirely done since they still have to do the DVDs). Also, there's also the Aquarion movie and OAV that just came out (literally September 2007 and May 2007, respectively). So I doubt (with extreme prejudice) there is a delay. The majority of the staff have been doing other projects.

Well I'm sure the pre-production work as well as the plotting has been done, possibly even most of the scripts are either done or well underway.

The model group at Satelite have most likely finished the models for he production and composition of the music is likely started. This series has probably been in pre-production since the new year, but all that takes time.

It is possible that a 2 hour "Pilot" episode is in production to be shown by the end of this year to launch the marketing campaign for next year (entirely possible it was slated in after the Aquarion movie) which is why it is so quiet right now.

It's all speculation of course. The Marketing campaign for Ex Machina started in 2006, with a game release in February of this year followed by the actual film release in a few weeks from now. Macross may do the same thing.

The coolest thing would be a tie-in game released around Christmas for the PS3 like the Appleseeed Ex-Machina game on the PS2!

Apparently, there will be a rerun of Macross on japanese TV... why they'd put Macross 7 before Macross beats me.

In the Official Site there is another news bit that I can't understand... something related to Macross 7 and MBS...

I guess it's cos M7 is longer. It's been going on for quite a while now.

SDF Mac is gonna be on at Wednesday late nights at 3am as of next week on TBS. The news concerning Macross 7 is that since that MBS is currently showing THAT at 3am, as of next week it will change to half an hour earlier so that Mac fans can see both shows. UNFORTUNATELY, that means that SDF is gonna be running directly against Galaxy Express 999, which is showing immediately after M7 on MBS!! So much for that.... :wacko:

I don't know what you guys think, but the designs on that screenshots looks like cheap recycled crap to me.

Considering those screen shots were taking from a distance on some mid-quality camera in which no cameras where are aloud, what do you expect?

Who knows maybe once we see some actual images there would be a change in opinion.

Considering those screen shots were taking from a distance on some mid-quality camera in which no cameras where are aloud, what do you expect?

Who knows maybe once we see some actual images there would be a change in opinion.

Well maybe you're right. And considering that this is going to be a series instead an OVA we shouldn't expect something like mac0 quality.

I just looked over the Macross site and I'm not sure but it seems that it (SDFM) could be aired on TBS, beginning October 3, 2007.

Wow. Now THAT is the proper way to celberate 25 years.

I cant take it any more(quoteing jerry stiller), argh (destroying macross collectibles) I DEADGHOST will start a comic to help sustain all this commotion I am typeing a script as I am screaming, kawai takes his sweet time I am takeing action Edited by deadghost

October 3rd, 1982 - October 3rd, 2007

Today is the 25th Anniversary of Macross!!

Lets make some waffles!

:p:oB)):huh::ph34r::lol:

It's been a great 25 years everyone! :)

Edit: UN Spacy got to it before I did. *sigh*

Edited by Ishimaru