Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

Does anyone else feel this series is kind of being rushed into production ?

I mean, when they released M0 we actually saw concept art a long time before its release ( more than a couple of months I'm sure). This is worrying me a little since we've already seen teasers & trailers for Gundam 00 and let´s not forget about promo material (magazine articles, conventions, even toys)

Hmmm... rushed? No.

When is this due to be released? Unknown. Have we seen concept art? Yes. About a month + ago. Therefore, it's matching or possibly beating the M0 publicity.

Aside from what others have mentioned about Big West and Macross publicity, Sunrise/Bandai and the Gundam Marketing Machine , the two series (Gundam and Macross) most likely have wildly different release schedules (meaning Gundam is sooner). Also note that I have not seen ANYTHING on the two biggies (Gundam and the new Eva movie) anywhere but in magazines devoted to anime. Yup, despite the perceived hype, even they are off the radar map. The only anime (aside from the everpresent shows like Conan) that I have seen advertised is that Cup Noodle one - "Freedom", and a bunch of old anime and sentai series that are being incorporated into Pachinko machines (Hokoto no Ken, Kamen Raida, etc.).

So yeah - consider this the pre-Christmas excitement. If you're not careful, you're going to burn yourself out, and be spent long before Christmas (Macross Frontier) gets released. In other words: take a Macross break, do something else, and check back in a month.

Dante74 - reread Graham's post. He gives a rough time estimate. Another good point of reference is the last update by Egan Loo to his Macross website.

Edited by sketchley

Dante74 - reread Graham's post. He gives a rough time estimate. Another good point of reference is the last update by Egan Loo to his Macross website.

Sketchley - reread my post. I asked how long Graham has known about the upcoming series, not how long it has been in pre-/production.

So yeah - consider this the pre-Christmas excitement. If you're not careful, you're going to burn yourself out, and be spent long before Christmas (Macross Frontier) gets released. In other words: take a Macross break, do something else, and check back in a month.

That's probably good advice. *Deep Breath* After all, the last time I got caught up in the excitement over a continuation of something from my childhood was Episode1. Started to have that little kid feeling again, which was fun, but risky at my age.

I'll keep an eye on the thread in case anything cool happens; but no longer with slathering hunger for tidbits of information.

Thanks for the voice of reason, Sketchley.

Edited by Kelsain

Man! I told you to get those ninjas to kidnap Graham a long time ago but noooo... too risky they said...

Think of the mysteries we could unravel...Atlantis, Area 51, the cure for cancer, The Yeti, why do cats like to knead people´s clothes, do old people actually know Kung-fu ?...the possibilities are endless!

So where does Graham state that he knew about the project for those 2 years?

Graham has an NDA next to his name. He would probably say Yamato...but then he would have to kill you.... Really. :ph34r:

You sir are the best secret keeper ever.

Repeat after me, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Well the cats liking to knead people's clothes is something that stayed from when they were kittens. While feeding on the mother's milk, they knead her boobies to make sure milk stays flowing to them. So later in life when they're happy, they knead soft things like clothes, your legs (especially when they have sharp nails), your pillow, etc..

I certainly hope that they don't recycle battle animation like in M7. That really started to get on my nerves.

Man! I told you to get those ninjas to kidnap Graham a long time ago but noooo... too risky they said...

Ooops! Sorry guys, I think I ruined it :unsure:

Quickly, start plan B!

Well the cats liking to knead people's clothes is something that stayed from when they were kittens. While feeding on the mother's milk, they knead her boobies to make sure milk stays flowing to them. So later in life when they're happy, they knead soft things like clothes, your legs (especially when they have sharp nails), your pillow, etc..

I certainly hope that they don't recycle battle animation like in M7. That really started to get on my nerves.

Oh, I see know, that explains a lot of things thanks mate :lol:

Damn, I wish I coulda gone to that event :(

Damn Damn Damn!!! :(

So I guess no one else from MW went either huh?

Did YK perform? How long did the concert last?

Do you guys suspect they will release the concert on DVD at some point?

Oh yeah...

Hi Save. Who is that in your avatar? :)

Got my 25th Anniversery goodies today.

Got two T-shirts. The first is black with "VF-1S" in big white letters on the chest with the Skull Squadron emblem also in white below it.

The second T-shirt is the Minmay Meets Fire Bomber T-shirt.

I haven't taken any pics of them yet, but I grabbed some pics off Yahoo Japan, which you can see below.

Also got a cool white plastic bag with the 25th Anniversery logo on it and also a 25th Anniversery sticker.

Graham

post-11-1187857427_thumb.jpg

post-11-1187857455_thumb.jpg

Got two T-shirts. The first is black with "VF-1S" in big white letters on the chest with the Skull Squadron emblem also in white below it.

I haven't taken any pics of them yet, but I grabbed some pics off Yahoo Japan, which you can see below.

Also got a cool white plastic bag with the 25th Anniversery logo on it and also a 25th Anniversery sticker.

Graham

No, 3 styles~~

^^

070822tshirt.jpg

No, 3 styles~~

^^

070822tshirt.jpg

デカルチャー!!!

What's not to like about "Deculture!!!"? (Note the three (3) exclamation marks. I guess the Zentraedi who said it was suitably freaked.)

A bit OT, but that's not a problem here in the US. Lots of people have stickers on their cars, or tattoos on their skin, that they can't read. And especially clothing they don't understand.

I've always thought that was kind of stupid, and that you wouldn't see people in Japan wearing shirts that they couldn't read. Until you start seeing stuff like t-shirts for young girls with cute teddy bears and English text like "Please to eat cock."

デカルチャー!!!

What's not to like about "Deculture!!!"? (Note the three (3) exclamation marks. I guess the Zentraedi who said it was suitably freaked.)

There you go, Graham. You can buy the shirt, secure in a translation.

Graham

Dude, please a post a hi res scan of the 25th Anniversary logo for the group...

It would be greatly appreciated.... B))

thanks

You sir are the best secret keeper ever.

Yes and no.

If Kawamori keeps to his admitted schedule, he's been developing "Macross F" since 2004. He has stated a few times that he take 3 years to develop a Macross project. So it tracks.

For all we know as soon as Mac Zero finished production, BW could have gone to SK and cut a deal for him to develop the anniversary series for 2007, so between other projects he worked on the series.

I`ve just been dreaming about the new series and for it to be truly epic I think it has to involve earth. Sure they`re on the "frontier" of space but it would be cool if they had to return to earth for some reason. Because a fight for earth is one everyone can get behind. I think thats what made Macross great for me. An epic battle for our homeworld.

And where the hell is video from the concert?? In this age of instant dissemination of information I cant believe there`s nothing at all out there. Wasnt there just 1 dishonest fan who wanted the glory of breaking the video first!?!?! Damn Japanese people are robots sometimes.. : (

And BW not releasing the video to the general public 1 whole week after the concert is unforgivable.

Edited by MilSpex

HAHA, some statistics~~~

soooo boring...

A.D.2070, in deep galaxy.

The colonization fleet Macross Frontier is traveling.

And now...

--------------------------

工藤シン(Shin)

Birthdate: 18 years old (A.D.2008)

サラ(Sara)

Birthdate: 16 years old (A.D.2008)

マオ(Mao)

Birthdate: 13 years old (A.D.2008)

輝(Hikaru)

Birthdate: 18 years old (Movie)

未沙(Misa)

Birthdate: 19 years old (Movie)

未来(Miku)

Birthdate: 2013

ミンメイ(Minmay)

Birthdate: Oct.10, 1993

マツクス(Max)

ミリア(Milia)

コミリア(Komilia)

Birthdate: Mar. 2011

エミリア(Emilia)

Birthdate: 2024/2025

ミレーヌ(Mylene)

Birthdate: Feb.2, 2031

イサム(Isamu)

Birthdate: Mar.27, 2015

ミュン(Myung)

Birthdate: 2016

-------------------------

バサラ(Basara)

Birthdate: Aug.15, 2024

ガムリン(Gamlin)

Birthdate: Jan.17, 2026

-------------------------

シバ(Shiba)

Birthdate: 17 years old (A.D.2046)

エニカ(Enicar)

Birthdate: 16 years old (A.D.2046)

マハラ(Mahara)

Birthdate: 27 years old (A.D.2046)

^^

Edited by kresphy

mmmmm...I see.... B))

It would be awesome for some characters to come back as midle-age aces but I doubt we´ll see any of them for two reasons;

- Kawamori is as likely to let old characters do a cameo as he is likely to to do a Macross series without some sort of environmental/spiritual/moralistic message.

- The art style is a whole lot different from older series so it'll be difficult to portray known characters.

Having said that, Macross Zero did feature our beloved Roy Focker.

If they get to show old characters I´ll put my money on Sara and Shin and the whole space monster thing being a full blown AFOS (PC or SA controlled) attack on Earth or something along those lines

Edited by Aegis!

mmmmm...I see.... B))

It would be awesome for some characters to come back as midle-age aces but I doubt we´ll see any of them for two reasons;

- Kawamori is as likely to let old characters do a cameo as he is likely to to do a Macross series without some sort of environmental/spiritual/moralistic message.

- The art style is a whole lot different from older series so it'll be difficult to portray known characters.

If they get to show old characters I´ll put my money on Sara and Shin and the whole space monster thing being a full blown AFOS (PC or SA controlled) attack on Earth or something along those lines

Ditto!!

I like Max!!!!

But his age...

I GUESS...

Maybe other Max's daughter.

HAHAHAHA

Edited by kresphy

mmmmm...I see.... B))

Don't forget Max and Millia being in both Macross and Macross 7.

If Max can start as a pilot and end up captain, who's to say Gamlin couldn't have done the same thing?