Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

At this point, I'm doubting anything substantial will come out of the concert, except the voice actress announcement (unless they pull this out of nowhere, I expect no trailer to be shown). No magazine-related info has popped up since the last one. No domains registered. No blog has said anything (not even from MoonPhase either). Unless something is said, I'm not going to look for any new series until 2008.

Ditto

I'm thinking there will be a trailer on the 18th... I personally chose to think they're keeping things hush so that when they do show at the concert, there will be more of an excited fan reaction.

Macross Official said that....

Whoa!!! No news is here, No leak news, Nothing, Nothing!!! Everything are secret!!

I keep it hush-hush until the 25th Concert.

o^-^o

Let's think for a moment that Mr. SK wants this series to follow the release dates of the previous ones... that'd mean we're looking for an October release date.

Macross - release date: October 3rd, 1982

Macross 7 - release date: October 16th, 1994

Macross 25th - release date: ??? :huh:

Actually, one of the first times I remember seeing images of Macross 7 was in the October 1994 issue of Newtype ... hmm....

Let's think for a moment that Mr. SK wants this series to follow the release dates of the previous ones... that'd mean we're looking for an October release date.

October is the big start of the Fall season. I find the lack of info on a character designer somewhat disconcerting. They have one from the pre-production pics but who is it? How about show director? Kawamori is executive director and exec producer, but what about a show runner? And then what about a broadcaster? They can keep the details close but things like this are details I'm looking for. The only 2 details we have are Kawamori is head of the project and Satelight is doing the animation. They can afford to leak a little more than that unless this production is so hush-hush that they can't even say that.

Won't the series be over by then?

Assuming a series will be on this year.

October is the big start of the Fall season. I find the lack of info on a character designer somewhat disconcerting. They have one from the pre-production pics but who is it? How about show director? Kawamori is executive director and exec producer, but what about a show runner? And then what about a broadcaster? They can keep the details close but things like this are details I'm looking for. The only 2 details we have are Kawamori is head of the project and Satelight is doing the animation. They can afford to leak a little more than that unless this production is so hush-hush that they can't even say that.

Well if it is indeed a reboot, then they may be concerned about backlash from fans if they reveal that little tid bit before the actual air date.

Personally I am causiously optimistic about a reboot, so long as they stick closely to the original story and not spin yarns with rainbow colored song beams... :rolleyes:

So about that Fire Bomber concert. The first I heard about it was a week ago when someone said it was sold out. How does one hear about these things ahead of time? If I had known about it earlier, and had been able to get tickets, I would be in Japan right now.

Well if it is indeed a reboot, then they may be concerned about backlash from fans if they reveal that little tid bit before the actual air date.

Personally I am causiously optimistic about a reboot, so long as they stick closely to the original story and not spin yarns with rainbow colored song beams... :rolleyes:

I really doubt it's a reboot. on the other hand, if the reboot takes place.. say, post Macross plus and pre macross 7, I'll be a happy man.

Which would, at the time of your posting, make it 10:20-ish on the morning of the 17th, and I was under the impression that the trailer is due on the 18th. I think we still have to wait. Unfortunately. I lust for new VFs.

Which would, at the time of your posting, make it 10:20-ish on the morning of the 17th, and I was under the impression that the trailer is due on the 18th. I think we still have to wait.

At time of posting, it is about 2PM in Tokyo on a Friday afternoon. The concert is not till 6PM, Saturday.

I really doubt it's a reboot. on the other hand, if the reboot takes place.. say, post Macross plus and pre macross 7, I'll be a happy man.

LOL M7 becomes the new DYRL. Yeah, it was a sentai music show in the Macross Universe done with support from UN Spacy. I could live with that, even if I'm not one of the M7 haters. :lol:

This afternoon(our Time Zone), I chated with a Japanese fans on MSN. He told me surf this website:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/nana/

秋山奈々(Nana Akiyama)

JVC???

Is this New Macross Heroine???

But she is not a new Idol...

I ask him Why told me look it?

He only answered me that it is a secret. Then, he was offline.

I post a thread about Nana on BBS, but nobody reply me...

Maybe it is only a JOKE...

T T

All secrets will be disclosed tomorrow evening!!!!

Macross 25, I am coming~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.

There is a Nana's Music Video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnCMwPhucF0

Thanks to caile give me it.

But I hate YouTube's Buffering...

Edited by kresphy

This afternoon(our Time Zone), I chated with a Japanese fans on MSN. He told me surf this website:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/nana/

秋山奈々(Nana Akiyama)

But she is not a new Idol...

Again, I shall repeat myself and the original announcement, one did not have to be tied to any particular studio to audition for the role. This means that anybody could have auditioned for the role, including established names (like Ms. Akiyama).

kresphy, you may be the victim of a joke. We will not know until tomorrow.

If I could choose the next heroine it'd be up and coming singer Marie Digby.

Beautiful voice and she's half Japanese.

Another half Japanese female vocalist that stands out is ステファニー(Stephanie), who did both EDs for Engage Planet: Kissdum. Her father is Armenian American.

Although her record label overly emphasizes on her extra high tones (like Sony did Mariah's), she's got sweet vocals to begin with.

ステファニー's Official Website

At time of posting, it is about 2PM in Tokyo on a Friday afternoon. The concert is not till 6PM, Saturday.

I don't know the time of the original post, but currently it is 12:40 PM, JST.

From the time of this post, it is another 5 hours +alpha.

I didn't get all of the last thread(I should have kept on top of it early on, it was a dozey!) But one of the things people were talking about was using lasers in place of the gunpod?! MADNESS! The one enduring sound I think of when I think Macross was the gunpod recoll noise, it's like the lightsaber hum of the series!