Transformer Super Thread 6

Head to the Walmart at I40 and 15-501 in Durham there were at least 10 of them there yesterday.

Just after I broke down and got one on ebay... I knew I just wasn't patient enough.

As for the best combiner, I vote for Japanese JRX. JRX is great in all modes.

I've completed many KO G1 combiners ($10-14 per set!!). I like Raiden and Superion.

Raiden has been my dream bot since Diaclone.

I also like RID Bruticus. You can combine them without ANY extra parts which is nice.

Energon combiners were not bad, just very poor limbs.

3 Chinese fans built a 4.5 meter tall Movie-style Transformer

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=153488

Holy crap.

Wow. They must have had a lot of free time to work on that. Impressive.

:)

As for the favourite TF combiner/gestalt discussion ... my fav is Computron. The first combiner set I "completed", and the team has the most diverse and nice looking alternate modes of the bunch IMHO. I own most of the G1 teams and all the energon combiners.

B))

The best of the best team though is Lio Kaiser ... which I would love to own one day.

It's funny, a little over 2 years ago, I was re-hooked back in TF toy collecting and it all started with me finding 2 technobot toys I had as a kid, back at my parents' house. So on a whim I bought the other 3 technobots off of eBay to complete Computron ... something I always had wanted to do as a kid. Then I caught the 'gestalt bug' and quickly bought several more G1 combiners. Luckily, before the TF movie hype of this past summer.

Nope, no movie Prime yet. Still waiting for a G1 repaint. And if that never comes--I haven't seen the regular one since June. He is the hardest to find TF after 2009 BB. (I've even started seeing Barricade again lately)

David: I think that Voyager Class Movie Prime is going to be reissued in G1 colours again for the TF animated series line in early 2008. Not sure if it will be completely G1 like, or modified to suit the animation style though.

I'll only buy leader-sized.

The voyager is a really nice mold though. I have the Target Robovision Voyager Prime with the G1-esque deco, and the silver paint they used really makes it look sharp. Much better than the standard deco voyager Prime, imho.

I'd like all-black due to the fact that my dad's last truck was a "sapphire black" 379, with even a similar light package to movie Prime. It was dark blue, but only barely "not black". (and I doubt they'll do a "very very dark blue" repaint)

I'd like all-black due to the fact that my dad's last truck was a "sapphire black" 379, with even a similar light package to movie Prime. It was dark blue, but only barely "not black". (and I doubt they'll do a "very very dark blue" repaint)

The Night Watch Prime is kind of dark blue...but probably not what you are looking for.

Finally broke down and bought the MP3 Soundwave (blue version), when I wasn't planning to at first. Just got a Mini SD card during lunch and testing the sucker. Its really TRIPPY! :D Listening songs from a Transformer LOL.

The MP3 player is not good. Very limited to the bare functions, and the sound quality is not good. Not horrible like some people say, but you really need some good earplugs and very clean MP3 rips to make it sound decent. And it does have a noticable hissing noise when its silent (end of a song). Though the figure is not bad. Like it quite a bit actually. Very articulated, looks very good (though on the simple side due to its size), and actually a simple transformation for once regardless its a modern TF. But you can tell Takara is cashing in big time on this guy, because they skimp on everything (player electronics, plastic quality, hollow hands & feet, paint job not that clean, not high-end finish that you would expect from any MP3 player, accessories...heard the headphone it came with sucks, so didn't even bother). But it sells really well I heard just due to its pure novelty. Count me as one of those sucker. :D

But there is definitely something really strange that makes you smile, when you realize that you are listening songs from a freaking Transfomers. :D So geeky, but so fun as well.

Edited by mpchi

David: I think that Voyager Class Movie Prime is going to be reissued in G1 colours again for the TF animated series line in early 2008. Not sure if it will be completely G1 like, or modified to suit the animation style though.

He is actually from the "Allspark Battles" segment(continued movie line), not the animated line.

I agree with David on Leader Prime being the hardest to find after CC Bumblebee. Anyone remember launch day on June 2nd? Primes for EVERYONE! I had no idea within one month we would have a power ranger 93 deja vu only with transformers.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

He is actually from the "Allspark Battles" segment(continued movie line), not the animated line.

I agree with David on Leader Prime being the hardest to find after CC Bumblebee. Anyone remember launch day on June 2nd? Primes for EVERYONE! I had no idea within one month we would have a power ranger 93 deja vu only with transformers.

Leader Prime is that hard to find? My area couldn't get rid of them, in fact i made a sweep through my local Target and Wal-Mart just the other day and saw four Leader Brawls, two Leader Prime, two Leader Megatron, 4 UBB, but not a single deluxe CC BB. And for awhile my Costco had an entire 5 foot display of the Costco exclusive Leader Prime (at $35/piece). The only one i've wanted is that CC BB and while i'm able to find plenty of Arcee's, the CC BB's get picked off so quickly.

The voyager is a really nice mold though. I have the Target Robovision Voyager Prime with the G1-esque deco, and the silver paint they used really makes it look sharp. Much better than the standard deco voyager Prime, imho.
The Voyager one has a fairly inaccurate truck mode, though. I know David would like an accurate (well, prop truck accurate) 379 :D

Friends of mine who went to BotCon this year said the Prime truck was beautiful in person.

Sheer size is an issue, too. If they made an even better, $100 version, I'd definitely buy it. Sigh---Ultimate BB is such a waste. He's just a giant electronic box with Camaro bits stuck on it. Imagine if they'd abandoned the electronics, and made it Barricade instead. Would cost less too. Or---flashing lightbar. That can be done for $2 now, and wouldn't affect transformation at all.

I have a feeling that eventually a Masterpiece Movie Prime will be made. That will be awesome.

I'd rather they just stick to MP G1s. After collecting movie toys for awhile, I broke out some of my Classics and starting playing with them. After working out some really bad-ass poses with Mirage, I kinda realized that the Bayformers may have worked fine for the movie, but they're kinda crappy toys.