Transformer Super Thread 6

Man, you've got Broadblast and the Takara Rodimus. I'm envious! The Hasbro Rodimus has grown on my quite a bit, but I still wish it had come with the fishing pole. Why is it that interesting character quirks like that are so easily dismissed over here?

Man, you've got Broadblast and the Takara Rodimus. I'm envious! The Hasbro Rodimus has grown on my quite a bit, but I still wish it had come with the fishing pole. Why is it that interesting character quirks like that are so easily dismissed over here?

Yeah, Broadblast and Kiss Rodimus are among my favorite BTs. Very well balanced all around in both modes without chunky feet or very big blocky body parts. Rodimus particular has a very cool looking head, probably the best head sculpt I like in the whole line. Surprised how they worth so much these days. Good that I bought early. :D

I guess its kind of hard to include the fishing rod/gun in Hasbro Rodimus, as its an accessory that doesn't go into the car mode in any way. Given Hasbro's tradition (less plastic, less paint, less cost) of not having accessories in Alt, I doubted they'll make an exception just to make fans happy. To me, while the Alt has some cool versions that BT doesn't have, the whole line is more or less about cutting corners to lower the cost, while maximizing the mold usage & profit. Just that it sucks on our end if we are looking for more in the toys and don't mind paying a little more.

$100 is a bit much for a knock off trailer, but it does look pretty good. Haha Ill buy that fishing pole off you, my hasbro rodimus has a fever, and the only cure is more fishingpole/gun thing :lol: . Also that is one awful starscream sculpt.

Edited by dizman

Terrible, oh well now It's back to collecting the few transformers that IMO look good enough to buy. Like classics, I will skip TF Animated.

Agreed. Aside from the brief yet excellent movie line and the one or two great figures from Armada/Energon/Cybertron/Classics, nothing since RID compares, and it's yet another line to ignore.

WHERE THE FRACK ARE ALL THE TRANSFORMERS?!?!?!?

Target doesn't have 'em.

Walmart doesn't have 'em.

TRU doesn't have 'em.

Kohls doesn't have 'em.

Who the hell has them out there besides eRape?

And yet damned if someone doesn't point out they're not selling well. I suppose that's a retailer controlled market for you.

WHERE THE FRACK ARE ALL THE TRANSFORMERS?!?!?!?

Target doesn't have 'em.

Walmart doesn't have 'em.

TRU doesn't have 'em.

Kohls doesn't have 'em.

Who the hell has them out there besides eRape?

Tell me about it ... I haven't seen much of anything in 2 months ..... I think I've been lucky with the few I have found.

<_<

I also wonder how "exclusive" the Target repaints are. There are at least 4 SS and 6-7 Jazz figures on the shelf and they don't seem to be moving. Did they make so many that everyone has them?

The answer is yes. However in my area its different, I think all the local stores are out of Screamer and Jazz. Starscream sold much more quickly than Jazz.

So what's the reason for the shortage of toys?

Retailers thinking a movie based toyline would shelfwarm like POTC and Spiderman 3 toys, which still warm shelves despite clearance prices. Basically retailer underestimation. Walmart is ordering heavily for fall, and TRU and Target might be doing the same for the Xmas push. Most toys set for sale during the xmas season hit saturation by next month.

My Target quickly sold out of their first shipment of G1 deco Jazz a few weeks back. Screamer didn't show up until the second shipment, and both him and Jazz are somewhat healthy in supply at the moment. The deluxe pegs for the 'in demand" figures are still unfortunately barren. I did however pick up Robot Replica Frenzy(even the robot replicas are few) and a couple of Titaniums today. I swear I've seen more Titaniums on store shelves in the last month or so than I've seen in the entirety of its actual run.

RR Frenzy's in dire need of extra ball joints, especially for the ankles and the elbows. He only has ball joints on his shoulders, hips, and neck, but the arms themselves don't have much poseability for all the extra moving limb bits he should have. I guess he's decent, but these robot replicas don't seem to be the be-all-end-all of articulation that they're advertised as. Each Frenzy does offer something the others lack though. FAB Frenzy has a nice alt mode and a real interesting layered transformation which is pretty complicated for the FAB line. Robot proportions suffer, but being as good as he is for an FAB, I think its forgiveable. A trick I do to get a more dynamic pose is by reversing the right leg which is almost a mirror of itself. Barricade Frenzy is in scale with the deluxe bots and does have decent proportions. He's also kind of a cassette tape for Barricade, which I thought is a nice tribute albeit probably unintentional.

post-4708-1190678095_thumb.jpg

Wasn't there a point in our lives when the word "exclusive" meant "hard to find" or "rare?" Now it's been reduced to a method of forcing people to shop at one store, but they still make enough for everyone.

I'm not complaining about the seemingly oversupply of Target 'exclusives', b'c that means I can get 'em. I found G1 redeco Jazz recently, but passed on redeco Starscream.

Remember the recent BotCon Classics exclusives??? While they are rare, too "rare" makes it tough for many fans to enjoy ...

:ph34r:

Edited by Vermillion21

I'm disappointed in that trailer for MP-1. It's just a bloated G1 trailer, all the way down to the flawed ramp that's too steep for any vehicle. I just expect an MP-1 trailer to have more realistic detail, some electronics, lights, motorized functions, better designed ramp, etc. Heck, make roller an RC. This is the 21st century, RC components are cheap, a perfect MP-1 trailer is a no brainer, not this blown up G1 trailer. It could have been awesome...

I always thought he did a remarkable job with F-22 seekers, the best of his "updated" interpretations. (Though Runamuck and Runabout were good too)

Hmmm.... yes i think so too.... what kinda cars were they? *loads up prefered car blue-print page*

Does anyone know what kinda vans Ratchet nd Ironhide are in the IDW comics? Everyday when i walk to work, i go past one of those new Toyota Hiace vans, and i always think to myself 'they'd make a good transformer'. :lol:

ToyotaHiaceVanG1.jpg

A little off topic (still TF related!!!) - here is a pic i did today while bored (well, nothing to do) at work!

Its an E.J Su (I think) design from the new G1 Transformers series from IDW Comics.

There is a bigger version on my DA page.

Enjoy!

Nice style. What are you rendering out of? Can it transform? ( i.e. be animated transforming)

I'm creating MP Starscream myself but it's hard to dedicate the time to it.

At first, I was so opposed to EJ Su's designs. I was too opposed to change. After reading Infiltration and Escalation, however, I've warmed up to them. They have a great functionality to them, it's fantastic. I mean...he managed to make Runamuck and Runabout look cool!

I do wish he managed to give the Seekers "wing kibble" the familiar pointing-up shape, though. I could see it happening if (bear with me here) a hinge tilted the wings up, like MP or Classics Starscream. Then, the flaps can fold down, like MP Starscream. Then, EJ's F-22 model can have the familiar wing-points-up shape. Oh well. Small quibble.

I'm reeeeeeeeeally looking forward to Devastation #1.

Sorry if this has been posted before I must have missed it.

http://www.myairshoes.com/nike/transformer...-nike-shoe.html

It might be new news here, but these have been around for quite a while. There are upcoming "Starscream" (red and black Megatron) and "Magnus" (white and blue Optimus) repaints. The quirky thing I like about them the most is that they're wearing the sneakers they become. The only difference between the two are the heads. Although a neat feature that I think most people miss is that you can mount the rifle upside down on the right forearm which does a decent job of giving Megatron a fusion cannon which further differentiates the two.

My MP Skywarp arrived today. I gawked at him for a good 15 minutes before trying to transform him. The jet mode just looks that nice. The transformation was involved, but I did figure it out without instructions. Definitely easier than MP Megatron. My favorite step was pulling the jet nose through the chest to the other side which is a signature seeker transformation step. Bot mode is equally as sharp. I've decided against applying the stickers. He just looks that sleek without them and there's already Decepticon logos on him, but much less pronounced, which is how I prefer them on my alternator themed collection.

I didn't see any real QC problems except for where the cockpit opening tabs attach. The one side of the plastic tab is clear. I can't tell if it's a stress mark, or if the yellow plastic is missing pigment there, or if there was a black paint app that didn't apply properly there, which judging by looking at the parallel tab the last scenario is probably the case. I might apply a little dab of paint to fix it, but I'm definitely going to have to paint that Dr. Archeville.

My hope now is that the carbon scarring on Walmart MP Screamer is going to be easy to remove.

So, what do we have to do to get that Seeker design in toy form? Seems like a good use of the 6" Titanium line to me...

I dunno - but i'd snap one (or 3) up~!!!

Nice style. What are you rendering out of? Can it transform? ( i.e. be animated transforming)

I'm creating MP Starscream myself but it's hard to dedicate the time to it.

I used Maya 7/8.5 to model and painted over in photoshop.

Runabout was a black 98+ Camaro SS. Don't actually remember what Runamuch was at all. The same?

Ah thank you very much! We don't get that car here in Australia (as far as i know, but hey - if it ain't a '74 Celica, i don't really much care) so it's hard to figure out what kinda car it was.

Edited by Kurisama

The answer is yes. However in my area its different, I think all the local stores are out of Screamer and Jazz. Starscream sold much more quickly than Jazz.

Retailers thinking a movie based toyline would shelfwarm like POTC and Spiderman 3 toys, which still warm shelves despite clearance prices. Basically retailer underestimation. Walmart is ordering heavily for fall, and TRU and Target might be doing the same for the Xmas push. Most toys set for sale during the xmas season hit saturation by next month.

hey shin, you seem to know your retail stores. I was in walmart and bought the last Bumblebee. I need 2 of them, so I asked the clerk since I bought the last one will the computer automatically order more? She did not know. So how does this all work? Does the store manager order the stuff, or somebody higher up? Just curious.