Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

A perfect version of Macross Plus, would be the movie, with all the missing battle scenes from the OVA edited in.

Graham

Keeping in mind we're in page 69... ^_^ in the movie version you can see Lucy naked...

Mmmm.... just read from new yf-21 yamato's page:

(wordlingo japanese to engrish translation)

Prototype production technical cooperation = flex

Material = substance: ABS, PVC (non phthalic acid) and zinc alloy/base =ABS

At the time of commodity size = fighter total length approximately 35cm

Package formal = flap top attaching plenum chamber

Package size =H370×W360×D140mm

Accessory = cancer/gun pod, fast pack equipment, for [garudo] gore [bomanhuigiyua] (cockpit embarkation) and private [deisupureitando], connected leg for folding booster, marking sticker, instruction manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------

hehehe... FP!!! FP included!!! :rolleyes:;):o

G-man, can you now confirm/deny it, now its' been officially written on yamato's page?

I'm already killing my wallet to get this beauty...

April release, huh? (Should be enough warmth and daylight by then to do some serious spray-painting sessions. :ph34r: )

Man, I would so love one of these in a black/grey scheme with yellow, maybe red accents or something...

Hmmm, I need a new canvas gi. Anyone want to buy a few boosters in advance? :D

Mmmm... how much for each? ^_^

would like to get one

Edited by mcpaz

Am I that blind or do I just not recall seeing the YF-21 with a fold booster in the OVA or movie? I thought the YF-21 was capable of folding without a booster, which is what I think Col. Millard Johnson said in the dubbed version of the OVA when he was explaining Project Super Nova to Isamu.

Am I that blind or do I just not recall seeing the YF-21 with a fold booster in the OVA or movie? I thought the YF-21 was capable of folding without a booster, which is what I think Col. Millard Johnson said in the dubbed version of the OVA when he was explaining Project Super Nova to Isamu.

I remember reading that the 21 doesn't need the booster to fold, but it was made to accomodate one if the need arose. Why did the 21 need the booster in the M+ movie?

I remember reading that the 21 doesn't need the booster to fold, but it was made to accomodate one if the need arose. Why did the 21 need the booster in the M+ movie?

Hi all,

from Macross Compendium, you can read this:

"Project Super Nova development halted under orders from UN government after development of the Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter ended February 2040. After project cancellation, UN Spacy First Lieutenant Isamu Alva Dyson (with Shinsei Industry's YF-19 development staffer Yang Neumann) launched the YF-19 prototype No. 2 with a FAST Pack system and the prototype fold booster towards Earth without authorization 2040 March. Colonel Johnson ordered Bowman to pursue Lieutenant Dyson in the YF-21 prototype No. 2 with a FAST Pack system and an identical fold booster. Irreparable damage of YF-21 prototype No. 2 with loss of pilot in subsequent battle with Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter over Macross City during the Sharon Apple Incident. YF-19 announced by UNAF as winning design 2041."

Other from that, I haven't found any capabilities regarding "fold-capability-without-external-booster". ^_^

Hi all,

from Macross Compendium, you can read this:

"Project Super Nova development halted under orders from UN government after development of the Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter ended February 2040. After project cancellation, UN Spacy First Lieutenant Isamu Alva Dyson (with Shinsei Industry's YF-19 development staffer Yang Neumann) launched the YF-19 prototype No. 2 with a FAST Pack system and the prototype fold booster towards Earth without authorization 2040 March. Colonel Johnson ordered Bowman to pursue Lieutenant Dyson in the YF-21 prototype No. 2 with a FAST Pack system and an identical fold booster. Irreparable damage of YF-21 prototype No. 2 with loss of pilot in subsequent battle with Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter over Macross City during the Sharon Apple Incident. YF-19 announced by UNAF as winning design 2041."

Other from that, I haven't found any capabilities regarding "fold-capability-without-external-booster". ^_^

Thanks for the info. I was probably thinking of the VF-17 that doesn't need Fastpacks for space but can still equip them if it needs to. :)

Accessory = cancer/gun pod, fast pack equipment, for [garudo] gore [bomanhuigiyua] (cockpit embarkation) and private [deisupureitando], connected leg for folding booster, marking sticker, instruction manual

So the YF-21 comes with cancer? I guess lead in our toys wasn't enough. Now they contain carcinogens.

First 14 "Modified" 58D's could have a 50 cal on either weapons pylon. The later production models could only have the gun on the left.

Rather odd but true.... Also equipment needs to be "troop hardened" which can limit functions.

Back on track. The new YF-21 looks great. Really like how the nose and back compress/slide.

Oh, yes it can. Lots of neat features are often cut for cost/maintenance reasons in the production version.

Yep. And that pertains directly to the YF 21 / VF 22.

The VF 22 dropped the BDS and BDI systems and went to a conventional pilot interface. That is definitely less advanced in my book. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the VF 22 has the morphing wings feature either.

Valk Addict is right about the 21 needing a fold booster attachment though.

On a side note, the whole fold booster thing in Mac Plus irritates me still to this day. Millard explains that one of the reasons for the Super Nova project was to design a next generation VF capable of making the space fold on it's own. ...and then later in the series we see the YFs needing to use giant green phallic attachments to make the fold. Contradiction, no?

Ok...I'll give them a momentary benefit of the doubt and reason that maybe the 19 and 21 are the only VFs capable of using the fold boosters. ...but nooo...in Mac 7 we see fold boosters being stuck on to the backs of all kinds of primitive VFs and even an inanimate dome of captured slaves. In the respect of making a solo space fold, the YF's are no more advanced than a VF-11, a dome of slaves, or presumably even a large rock. Lame.

Edited by Vic Mancini

u know you're right....thats never occoured to me before, but they do use folds on the older fighters as well don't they?

Does Millard say that the 19 and 21 will be the FIRST fightersd capable of space fold, or just that they will be able to make a fold on its own?

u know you're right....thats never occoured to me before, but they do use folds on the older fighters as well don't they?

Does Millard say that the 19 and 21 will be the FIRST fightersd capable of space fold, or just that they will be able to make a fold on its own?

The only other VF shown using a fold booster was the VF-17 and it could only just take the stresses involved. Older VFs were not stressed to be able to use the fold booster.

Graham

The only other VF shown using a fold booster was the VF-17 and it could only just take the stresses involved. Older VFs were not stressed to be able to use the fold booster.

Graham

Pshhh. That's speculation.

A fricken dome of slaves was able to take the stress, so I think a VF-11 of or even a rock could take the stress.

Like I said above....lame.

Edit: Sorry, I'm drunk-posting. But why even mention the fold in the Mac Plus Ova if the fold boosters had nothing to do with the AVFs? All signs from Mac 7 indicate that you could fold just about anything depending on the size of the object and the number of phallic boosters available.

The whole fold booster thing undermines one of the key reasons why Project Super Nova even existed. I dunno, maybe it's something lost in the translation that's causing the contradiction.

Edited by Vic Mancini

"This project, called Super Nova, is to test and develop candidates for the next main transforming fighter to replace the VF Thunder Bold currently being used. In order to solve colonial planet disputes, and in case of an emergency due to an alien attack, this new transforming fighter will make it possible to perform the hyperspace fold on it's own. Not using a reactive weapon which might cause a political problem, the new fighter will break through the enemy lines and destroy only their military headquarters or rescue hostages. We will compare the YF-19 manufactured by a new company called Industry, and the YF-21 made by General Galaxy. The superior one will win the funding." -Millard

Edited by Vic Mancini

The YF-21 requires a fold booster to fold space, just like the YF-19 in Macross Plus and just like the VF-17, VF-22S and all the Sound Force Valkyries did in Macross 7. There is no miniaturized fold system that can fit inside a Valkyrie; the Valkyries all need external boosters as far along as 2047.

yf-21-foldbooster-rear.gif

Edited by Mr March

early birdied 4 straight up, never made an order that big before...

I want to buy crates, but just in case that's not possible i'll get the majority of my order done up.

Would it be possible to ask HLJ.com for un-opened crates??? Kensei? Done this before?

--

shot an e-mail asking them for un-opened crates anyways...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie