Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

thats the booster that they needed on the VF-11B to keep up with the YF-19 and YF-21.

edit:

well it was originally, before it was switched to cock shots.

It is funny because I just watched that last week again and still did not remember. I blame all the pot I smoked as a youngster.

ya know, I forgot about that scene. I thought the 11 was supposed to be barely larger than the VF-1, but IIRC in that shot the 11 look moresize comparable to the 21 and 19 which are much larger then the VF-1.

Chris

It would seem Yamato has some wiggle room with regard to adjusting size/scale of the yet-to-be-announced 1/60 scale VF-11. There are at least a couple of scenes in Macross Plus where the VF-11B looks closer to the size of the YF-21 than it should, according to the size statistics we have available to us. I believe "anime magic" will yield us a good size 1/60 scale VF-11.

So what, are we going to have to buy a 19 fold booster set to get just a fold booster :angry: .....I hope not.

I'd buy 19 FP from someone who just wants a fold booster...

Edited by konimon

22,890 yen = 203.79 usd

the asking price is a bit ridiculous unless it comes with the fold booster and the FPs.

$203 for just the 21....its dope but i think i'll pass.

Well we do see the FP and a stand in the photozoomer, so it must at least come with those. As for the Fold booster, it wasn't even animated, so any guess is as good as mine on this subject.

The bird looks really great, it's beginning to grow on me.

YF21 had Fold booster on the macross plus movie. You can see it 1 second when the yf21 take off ;)

Looks like I was talking through my hat, well I never got to see the Movie Edition so I wouldn't know about that.

This should be more in the FAQ, but yes, the Movie version has many new/edited scenes. But it is overall shorter, with many entire sections cut out.

Basically--you have to see both versions to "get it all". Especially for the the YF-21 and Guld.

Definitely! There's quite a few new scenes with some really good new animation. It probably doesn't account to all that much additional footage. Maybe 20 minutes at most? But it's edited in a different fashion and really it works very well. I'm a bigger fan of the OVA becuase I like more as a fan (especially the opening battle sequence, which isn't in the film). But structure-wise the Macross Plus Movie Edition actually works better than the OVA series. Plus the new animation is fantastic.

This should be more in the FAQ, but yes, the Movie version has many new/edited scenes. But it is overall shorter, with many entire sections cut out.

Basically--you have to see both versions to "get it all". Especially for the the YF-21 and Guld.

Thank you, sir! *adds M+ to never-ending list of to-buy DVDs*

Definitely! There's quite a few new scenes with some really good new animation. It probably doesn't account to all that much additional footage. Maybe 20 minutes at most? But it's edited in a different fashion and really it works very well. I'm a bigger fan of the OVA becuase I like more as a fan (especially the opening battle sequence, which isn't in the film). But structure-wise the Macross Plus Movie Edition actually works better than the OVA series. Plus the new animation is fantastic.

I don't mean to go off topic, but I actually enjoyed the structure and pacing of the OVA much more than the movie. One thing the movie definitely has going for it though, is how it explains Isamu's motivation on a much deeper level. (I'm talking about the white light stuff). Those added scenes really support the final confrontation with Sharon Apple. Without those scenes, it's difficult to understand what Sharon Apple is even trying to accomplish at the end.

And the most obvious addition the movie has going for it is the final confrontation between Guld and the X-9....which is probably one of (if not the) most bad-ass scenes in all of Macross.

I still like the OVA better, but anyone who hasn't seen the movie version is definitely missing out.

April release, huh? (Should be enough warmth and daylight by then to do some serious spray-painting sessions. :ph34r: )

I won't mind if the first release has just the FP's and the stand; the fold booster's not a big priority for me personally.

But I do consider QC to be extremely important. So, I really hope Yamato's taking this extra time to make sure the design and build are solid and sturdy.