Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

And calling it a bastard love-child does that mean the valk took one look at it and walked out the door. :p

And it's because of those childhood scars that the YF-21 grew up to be one bad-ass mutha......<SHUT YO' MOUTH!> :lol:

And it's because of those childhood scars that the YF-21 grew up to be one bad-ass mutha......<SHUT YO' MOUTH!> :lol:

hahah man you got the funny stuff up there mate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it's true though, 30 something years of Zentr/Hum-an relations it's like coolest tribute to both tribes.

Guld's role in piloting this iconic becon must have been watched by all wouldn't one think.

Much more important than whats seen and said in the OVA.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You kids and your YF-23 fetishes, I honestly never got why that plane was so favored among so many people (I guess the futuristic design). Ah well, I at least love the design of the YF-21. Oh and Tomcat FTW B)) !

Edited by dizman

The F-14 will always be my fave but the Flanker is awesome that's my fave russian fighter, love the long neck smooth lines.

We seem to have turned this into my fave fighter thead :p but until new pictures emerge or pic's of a final production type, not alot seems to be happening. Come on Yamato bring out some more pic's.......please.

^^Just to clarify, that's pics of the YF-21. Not of Zardoz or something else. :ph34r:

when it comes to the yf-21, there's only love or LOVE. all this talk of "liking" it just borders on blasphemy. :p

Yeah, this "like" crap is very hurtful to the YF-21. It's like you're saying you only think of the 21 as a "special friend" who's like brother to you....................:mellow::rolleyes::p

While I do not like GERWALK mode of the YF-21, i reckon its beautiful here as it is just picture perfect according to the line art. It looks like it also balances very well. I still say the legs and arms are a bit skinny, but they are probably perfect. I guess I wanted to see something more robust. If it holds it's poses, I'll be happy to accept the thickness.

While I do not like GERWALK mode of the YF-21, i reckon its beautiful here as it is just picture perfect according to the line art. It looks like it also balances very well. I still say the legs and arms are a bit skinny, but they are probably perfect. I guess I wanted to see something more robust. If it holds it's poses, I'll be happy to accept the thickness.

Well, that slimness of limbs is likely what allows for the awesomely sleek fighter configuration. Robust limbs would mean a thicker overall fighter cross-section which would translate into a flying brick with gaping holes as seen in the 1/72 version... perhaps not as bad, but not as elegant as what Yamato has shown. So, like you, I will be more than happy to accept the compromise in proportions of the arms and legs. ;)

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand I've never been a fan of the design. On the other hand, I feel compelled to give the 19 a buddy. The whole Zero fiasco has taught me to never get the first release of anything Yamato does (maybe not the second or third either). Looks like I may be waiting a long while since this comes with fast packs which would mean a second release in the anime colors is probably a ways down the road.

I wonder if the seat cover comes off like in the anime. Looks like the top is a separate piece. It would be a simple, but neat feature.

Look at the v.stabs and nosecone. Also--there is just the initial one, so that's the one with Flanker parts...

I can see the similarites. It had been so many years since I last read about the Berkut, I just assumed the project had progressed. Reading up on it now, it looks like the whole thing has stalled. Weirdness.

ya know, I forgot about that scene. I thought the 11 was supposed to be barely larger than the VF-1, but IIRC in that shot the 11 look moresize comparable to the 21 and 19 which are much larger then the VF-1.

Chris