Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Very nice. Still can't see the gunpods attach to the fighter's underside but i guess its possible and it simply works like a missile hard point. No funky storing in between the thigh flaps.

Something worth a worry....the arms don't look like they can bend 90 degrees in the elbow. Hopefully its just a mistransformation and they can extend the hand to achieve 90 degrees.

I'm very surprised that Yamato included the FPs with this release. There seems to be tabs on the back for a fold booster to attach to the YF-21 but can't be sure. Does this mean Yamato will release a seperate fold booster without the YF-19 parts in the future?

Very nice. Still can't see the gunpods attach to the fighter's underside but i guess its possible and it simply works like a missile hard point. No funky storing in between the thigh flaps.

Something worth a worry....the arms don't look like they can bend 90 degrees in the elbow. Hopefully its just a mistransformation and they can extend the hand to achieve 90 degrees.

I'm very surprised that Yamato included the FPs with this release. There seems to be tabs on the back for a fold booster to attach to the YF-21 but can't be sure. Does this mean Yamato will release a seperate fold booster without the YF-19 parts in the future?

Actually, I think I see the attachment point. If you look at the gerwalk picks, you'll see a rectangular slot on the belly plate. On the guns, there looks to a fold-away rectangular peg. You can see a similar slot in the recessed gun slot on the FAST pack in the final Battroid pic (the one on the stand). There also seems to be two small pegs on the belly plates that correspond to slots on the gunpods. So no magnets, just a series of pegs. And since they're there on both belly plates and on the FAST pack plates, there should be no reason why the gunpods wouldn't stow in fighter mode.

I know. But apparently according tto lineart they are supposd to be stored inside the fighter, not attached to it like a missile hardpoint so it doesn't interfere with the silhouette. But oh well...a compromise i can live with. I like it with fastpacks on.

I know. But apparently according tto lineart they are supposd to be stored inside the fighter, not attached to it like a missile hardpoint so it doesn't interfere with the silhouette. But oh well...a compromise i can live with. I like it with fastpacks on.

I think the VF-22 only has the internal gunpod storage.

I haven't seen any lineart with the guns actually inside the yf-21, do you remember where you saw it? The pics i've seen, at best, would have the gunpods slightly recessed, but I think the 21 just sticks the gunpods to the belly plates when without FAST pack.

Well, it's possible. It just didn't look like it from the 3/4s view of the un-FPed Fighter.... I could easily be wrong tho, and you're right, the gunpods WERE on in the commercial.

That's right, keep trying to pick on the flawless 21. :p It will be flawless with no QC problems i tells yas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I haven't seen any lineart with the guns actually inside the yf-21, do you remember where you saw it? The pics i've seen, at best, would have the gunpods slightly recessed, but I think the 21 just sticks the gunpods to the belly plates when without FAST pack.

Its one of those linearts that graham posted when people thought the YF-21 doesn't have gunpods without fastpacks. I seem to remember that the gunpods were recessed into the belly thus I thought it was stored internally. I could be wrong.

hmm, going by these shots (scans from m3, but hosted on photobucket, hope you don't mind Mr. March):

yf-21-fighter-ventral.gif

yf-21-fighter-gunpod.gif

it doesn't look to me like there are any mechanisms for the gunpods to be stored internally.

Edited by eugimon

The YF-21 gun pods are not stored internally. They are mounted on the outside of the ventral fuselage/bay doors, as eugimon has pointed out with the line art from my site (not a problem!). When using FAST Packs, the gun pods are simply mounted upon the exterior of the ventral packs.

The VF-22 however has different ventral fuselage/bay doors than the prototype. The VF-22 bay doors have an angled design acting as cradles that hold the two GV-17L gun pods INSIDE the ventral fuselage. See this picture:

compare-yf21-vf22-fighterventral.gif

What!? Have you been sitting in your car, listening to your exhaust in the garage with the door closed?

Nah, it just looks like some sort of robotic Monk to me in batroid.

It's not the toy that I don't like that much, it's the whole design. It just doesn't turn me on. The good news about that is I won't want to buy more than one. The bad ews is that I don't enjpoy it as much as you do. Trust me, I wan't to like it a lot, I just don't. :(

Thanks eugimon and mr march. :D

No problemo. I'm creating a section on my website that I'll use for all the comparison pictures I've done so far. It'll include the VF-11C versus VF-11D, the VF-11B versus the VF-11C and the YF-21 versus the VF-22.

No problemo. I'm creating a section on my website that I'll use for all the comparison pictures I've done so far. It'll include the VF-11C versus VF-11D, the VF-11B versus the VF-11C and the YF-21 versus the VF-22.

nice! I have some of the source material of the line art on your site, but I love having everything there just a mouse click away.

Nah, it just looks like some sort of robotic Monk to me in batroid.

It's not the toy that I don't like that much, it's the whole design. It just doesn't turn me on. The good news about that is I won't want to buy more than one. The bad ews is that I don't enjpoy it as much as you do. Trust me, I wan't to like it a lot, I just don't. :(

I'm with you there sqidd, the 21 is one of my least liked valk but I'll get this for my M+ collection but it will stay in fighter mode. I to wish I could find the pasion of the others who love the design but I guess I like older aircraft alot more than the new fighter designs. But I must admit the design of the toy looks awesome so I like it for that reason. I'm no fan of the 17 either but I love the 19 and 11B much more than the 21.

I am with Sqidd and warpaint22 on this issue as well. I do think that Yamato has done an excellent job on the 21 and it looks beautiful but it is probably my least favorite of all the mecha designs in the Macross Universe. I may still get one though but first I need to get a YF-19 (and lots of other things).

Sqidd and his squids have to go!

Yes.

Why dont you burn us at the stake or do a firing squad or something bloody and grotesque.

Maybe a Macross World private beheading ceremony.

I do think it is still beautiful but it is my least favorite of the SK Macross designs.

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a flying cockroach and really did not like it.

Now it is growing on me a bit but still behind the rest.

Anyway if you want to throw us off of the forums for not liking your favorite mecha, I think that is a bit silly and of course you are joking. You are joking right? Please tell me you are joking? I dont want to die! It is not my time yet!! I have so many Yamato Macross toys to collect before I die!!! Please just give us a chance! I will never say anything against your lovely 21 ever again! :wacko:

Don't like it but just for the sake of the collection gonna get one....... :wacko: Go get yourself a toy you really like then <_<

Of course I am going to get the ones I like best first! If I can still afford this one after those then it would be nice to display against a YF-19. Even if it is an ugly flying cockroach Gregorian monk robot!!! :lol:

EDIT:(Yes I know that I contradicted myself saying that it is ugly and beautiful in the same day - Well it is ugly and beautiful!)

/egoDefense>

Edited by miriya

I can't believe you guys. LOL. the yf-21 has a great fighter mode and the battroid mode pays an incredible homage to the q-rau as well as giving a wink to the vf-1.

Well thats why I guess I don't really like it, never liked the q-rau except for being blown apart. The 21 reminds me more of a turtle than anything else. And as for buying a toy I like well that's what I'm doing, I said I like the toy for what it is just not the overall design of the mech. Who can resist a flying turtle IMO.

Edited by warpaint22

Yes.

Why dont you burn us at the stake or do a firing squad or something bloody and grotesque.

Maybe a Macross World private beheading ceremony.

I do think it is still beautiful but it is my least favorite of the SK Macross designs.

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a flying cockroach and really did not like it.

Now it is growing on me a bit but still behind the rest.

Anyway if you want to throw us off of the forums for not liking your favorite mecha, I think that is a bit silly and of course you are joking. You are joking right? Please tell me you are joking? I dont want to die! It is not my time yet!! I have so many Yamato Macross toys to collect before I die!!! Please just give us a chance! I will never say anything against your lovely 21 ever again! :wacko:

:lol:

Well thats why I guess I don't really like it, never liked the q-rau except for being blown apart. The 21 reminds me more of a turtle than anything else. And as for buying a toy I like well that's what I'm doing, I said I like the toy for what it is just not the overall design of the mech. Who can resist a flying turtle IMO.

you... you don't like the q-rau??? :blink:

Just to set the record straight I am not with Warpaint22 on the Rau issue. I love the Quedluun Rau. Especially with Milia! I have the Milia Rau and if Yamato ever releases a TV Rau I will get that too.

good to hear! I'm glad you posted this before I finished updating my "ignore" list. :lol::p

you... you don't like the q-rau??? :blink:

No not really but that's just me, I've never been a fan of the enemy mecha, but that adds to the appeal of them being the bad guys. I have the Yamato Milia q-rau as I bet most people on here have but it's just not a design that I really like.

As for the 21 ability there is no doubt of the 21's greatness in taking on the x-9, it is a great valk the look of it is just not my fave design of all the valk's I'm more a 19 fan. But saying that I'm not a great fan of the 19's in M7 but I'm loving the look of the new VF-25 for macross F, but am a little unsure about the "bugs". It really is for me like rating an F-22 raptor against an F-14 tomcat, to me the F-14 will win hands down in it's appeal even though the raptor is a more supperior combat ability.

As lots of us have said, it's because the design is so different (and yet somewhat familiar) that we have so much love for the bastard love-child YF-21.

Considering humans and Zent's have been living with each other for almost 30 years by the time the 21 comes out, wouldn't it make sense that the two groups would eventually merge their technologies together and create something that combines the best of their two mecha traditions and histories?

The 21's a Valk designed around a Q-Rau template (or a Q-Rau made out to be versatile Valk).

But if you guy's wanna keep hatin' on the YF-21, don't worry about it.

Unlike the other Valks out there, the 21's got TWO gunpods.

..........So, we can be much more efficient in "disposing" you malcontents two-at-a-time! :p

As lots of us have said, it's because the design is so different (and yet somewhat familiar) that we have so much love for the bastard love-child YF-21.

Considering humans and Zent's have been living with each other for almost 30 years by the time the 21 comes out, wouldn't it make sense that the two groups would eventually merge their technologies together and create something that combines the best of their two mecha traditions and histories?

The 21's a Valk designed around a Q-Rau template (or a Q-Rau made out to be versatile Valk).

But if you guy's wanna keep hatin' on the YF-21, don't worry about it.

Unlike the other Valks out there, the 21's got TWO gunpods.

..........So, we can be much more efficient in "disposing" you malcontents two-at-a-time! :p

Very true, of course the two would combine their technologies after 30+ years. And who's hating the 21 no one said they hate it, but some of us prefer the look of other valk's better. I'll get a 21 and it will look great in my collection, but will my VF-1S look better, yes IMO. My No.1 valk will always be the VF-1S Strike anything else rates lower IMO.

Yamato has done a great job at creating a fully transformable scale replica and I'm very impressed at how good a job they've done, it's awesome for all you guys who rate it as their No.1 valk that you will finally get what you have waited so long for and I'm excited to get such a nice replica of a valk that's in one of my fave macross series. And calling it a bastard love -child does that mean the valk took one look at it and walked out the door. :p