Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Hey, they got that Yf-21 lookin pretty sweet and sleek, good job Yamato! Good thing its coming with FP's cause I was planning on getting the first release anyways (Is it comfirmed that its coming with FP's yet?). Im left wondering though what happened to the shoulders though?

Sleek and sexy!!! I can't wait till we see pics of the fast packs and booster. Where exactly does the shoulder cap fit in fighter mode? In the 1/72 version they're outside the plane, Are they removable or do they fit inside the body?

Yamato is making it very difficult for me to continue supporting my other toy and model lines.

Edited by Golden Arms

I can't wait for the YF-21. Definitely my favorite Valk. Looks incredible!

Hopefully they hide those screws on the shoulders with some covers or something... Can't wait to see the FP and gun pods. The thrust vectoring panels looks quite different from the 1/72 flatter and with no curve. More line art accurate, and probably more realistic, but I think I like the 1/72's better aesthetically... Everything else, there's no comparison (and the 1/72 FP remains one of my favorite Valks to this day).

Is the eye gonna light up like in the commercial? :lol:

Edited by Uxi

Thanks for the scans Graham,

After seeing the pics now... I don't see a single thing wrong with it. The only thing that can mess it up is major shoddy QC.

thumbs up :)

Hopefully that's not gonna be an issue, look how nice they did SV-51's... and that's a hel of alot more complex wouldn't one say?

it would be cool if yamato packaged it with a 1/60 m+ ghost. that would be awesome.

Not for those of us that don't want a ghost, or to pay an extra $40+ for it. I actually don't even want the Fast Packs! I'd buy a stripped down YF-21 with nothing more than 2 gunpods and a Guld figure if I had the choice and could save a few bucks.

Not for those of us that don't want a ghost, or to pay an extra $40+ for it. I actually don't even want the Fast Packs! I'd buy a stripped down YF-21 with nothing more than 2 gunpods and a Guld figure if I had the choice and could save a few bucks.

Same here. I only got the FAST pack version of the YF-19 because I wanted to make certain that I'd get a second release with all the fixes. I was planning to follow the same strategy with the YF-21. <_<

Same here. I only got the FAST pack version of the YF-19 because I wanted to make certain that I'd get a second release with all the fixes. I was planning to follow the same strategy with the YF-21. <_<

Seems like Yamato learned about our little buying strategy :lol:

how about optional separate ghost and fast pack package?

More like a Fold and Ghost package... i for one think the Ghost would look cool with a Fold attached to it. Why not??

Atlast i don't have to buy Fold apon Fold apon fold just to equip my 21 babies with FPs!!!!! How homo that would have been!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Graham.

Can you please ask Yamato if they're planning to sell the stands that come with the SV-51 and YF-21's seperately?

Maybe give them attachments to support older 1/60's and 1/48's?

Edited by UN Spacy

So it'd have to be cheaper than the SV-51 with all the boosters and missile ordnance.

Same stand, FP's, 2 GPod's, and... detachable arm and legs for Broken Limiter Mode G-Man??? :p

(maybe detachable limbs would make it more expensive?)

If they didn't include it that won't stop me unscrewing them to make it come true. :D

I figured out what i need.

1 for multiple transfomations, like after dinner, watching a movie, switch the modes around a few times and just sit in awe.

(also be used to pose next to my kicking pose YF-19 battroid.)

1 for Battroid with or without FP

1 for Fighter mode (with no FP's and wings are bent down for High Speed mode)

1 for Fighter mode with wings straight and FP's attached.

1 for Broken Limiter mode.

'5' SUCKAS!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Graham.

Can you please ask Yamato if they're planning to sell the stands that come with the SV-51 and YF-21's seperately?

Maybe give them attachments to support older 1/60's and 1/48's?

I really doubt that since that will eat into their existing product, the launch arm stand.

I really doubt that since that will eat into their existing product, the launch arm stand.

Besides the SV-51 stand is a cheapo one made mostly to help sell the product IMHO. I doubt it's worth selling it separately.

As for the Fold Booster, the mags said that the 21 includes Fold Booster attachments, but they say nothing about the actual FB.

I think the shoulders hide inside the intakes in Fighter mode. Looking at some of the pics it seems like the bottom of the intakes are opening panels that weren't closed properly. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I'll do it if I was the designer of the toy.

... Besides the SV-51 stand is a cheapo one made mostly to help sell the product IMHO. I doubt it's worth selling it separately....

Not just to sell it, it can be used to represent the canon "vertical launch" ports in the series which was ultra cool!

Imagine a similar setup with the YF-21 in that position launched underwater... coooooooooooooooooooooollll....

Hey maybe they're planing to release an optional kit with the fold booster and THE GHOST X-9 INCLUDED! ;)

Yeah, they could call it the Guld-death pack or something...