Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Never we shall RESIST!!! All hands on deck our wallets and money clips alike will make their last stand here! For now we shall FIGHT!

COME ON SPARTANS WE CAN TAKE THEM DOWN!!! :p

This is not VF-0's...... THIS IS YF-21! ! ! !! !!!

FCJG300-0098.jpg

sorry i had to do some chores and took me a while to find a decent pic. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I love this pic, come on we need prototype pics!

I will be so happy if the 1/60 looks as good as this one. (wave? i forget)

Graham hows the feet in Batts? Not too skinny front on looking?

I believe this http://www.kit.hi-ho.ne.jp/sptlz00x/FACTORY/YF-21/YF21_2.htm is wave's version.

WAVE 1/100

post-4844-1191212351_thumb.jpg

Both are are extremely impressive models. In terms of pure appearance I think I prefer d-stance's but it is very close and both have their good points.

Wave's is beautiful, but it's a non-variable Battroid model, is it not? The fighter pics on that page are the 1/72 Hasegawa.

Compare the Wave YF-21 to Revoltech's YF-21 (when they eventually make one), not the D-stance which is variable.

Compare apples to other apples, and leave the oranges out of it.

I understand it perfectly.

The fact is that apples and oranges are utterly superior in fragrance to D-Stance 1/72 Battroid form YF-21s unless of course we're talking about the green apples as opposed to the red apples - but maybe that's not a fair comparisson (would be like comparing Wave's SDF1 to Wave's SDF-2 ... if they made it which they might).

Get it?

VFTF1

I have two 1/72 Yamato 21's, one with FP's, one without. I got both used. Are they supposed to have guns? All of these pics show them with guns. Did the Yamato's have them?

thanks

jason

Only the FP version came with extra hands and gunpods.

don't tell me i am the only one that finds that hard to understand....

The above poster named "Reactive" wrote:

I believe this is wave's version.

Both are are extremely impressive models. In terms of pure appearance I think I prefer d-stance's but it is very close and both have their good points.

I was expressing the unfair nature of the comparison of a non-variable, (aka non-transformable), model to a variable model by making reference to the popular idiom "comparing apples to oranges", which is used to indicate that two items or groups of items have not been validly compared. The idiom evokes the apparent differences between items which are popularly thought to be incomparable or incommensurable, such as apples and oranges.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apples_and_oranges

My point was that comparing the Wave YF-21 to the Dstance YF-21 is like comparing a Revoltech VF-1 to a Yamato VF-1, which are designed for completely different functions. It's apples and oranges. I was also making the simultaneous suggestion that Revoltech will probably end up making a YF-21 some day, (due to the 19 and 21's iconic status in the Macross universe), and when they do, Reactive will have something to legitimately compare the Wave-21 to.

How's that? Clear as mud now?

I still say that green apples and red apples are just apples, and have little in common with oranges albeit they are both edible.

But everyone has a right to their opinion - at least in my opinion.

VFTF1

I got the impression that the Wave 1/100 YF-21 was, in fact, a variable model. At least, the pictures on the web page that Reactive linked to show it in battroid and fighter modes.

And that's exactly why I made my reply to Reactive because I knew that the page he linked to would confuse someone.

I'm pretty sure that the fighter mode you are seeing on that page is a 1/72 Hasegawa model, which is another non-variable rendition of the YF-21. That page is very misleading for English speaking viewers. Look at the headline at the top of the page:

WAVE 1/100 マクロス プラス YF-21(バトロイドモード) 

&

ハセガワ 1/72 マクロス プラス YF-21(ファイターモード) 

The headline is referring to a 1/100 scale and a 1/72 scale.

The Wave is the 1/100 scale and the 1/72 version looks to me like a Hasegawa model.

Anyone who is familiar with the Wave please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Only the FP version came with extra hands and gunpods.

Ah ha, that makes sense. I have never trasnformed my FP 21. It's still in fighter mode. I need to pull that gupod out of there and give it to the other guy. He can't be walkin' around unarmed!

thanks

Well, it may be 3 months away from 2008, but it isnt 3 months away from release. Probably more like 5 months till release. If we dont see anything new by the end of this month then next month there will definately be some new pictures to drool over.

i am probably the only person on the fourm that is not looking forward to this figure at all. Ive never been a fan of the YF-21 design...or the Ivanov.

Id much rather see a 1/48 VF-1S Minmei Guard or a 1/60 VF-4 Lightning

Actually you are not alone. I have always thought that the Yf-21 was not such a great looking valk. At first I thought it was just ugly and thought that Kawamori must have had too much to drink when he designed it. However it did grow on me a bit. I am actually starting to like the look of it in Battroid pose. Probably by the time I see the preproduction samples I will think that I need to own it more than my shoes. But for now, yeah I am not so excited about this and would have been ecstatic about a Minmei guard or VF-4, which I have craved for a while now.

I took me a long time to apprecite the beauty of the figher as well. Before i was really into macross and i wasn't paying attention to then Q-Rau, but now i love it espcially it is very sleek in fighter

Actually you are not alone. I have always thought that the Yf-21 was not such a great looking valk. At first I thought it was just ugly and thought that Kawamori must have had too much to drink when he designed it. However it did grow on me a bit. I am actually starting to like the look of it in Battroid pose. Probably by the time I see the preproduction samples I will think that I need to own it more than my shoes. But for now, yeah I am not so excited about this and would have been ecstatic about a Minmei guard or VF-4, which I have craved for a while now.

thats good to know...im glad im not the only one that feels that way.

I LOVE the bastard YF-21. There's just something cool about how the 21 represents the merging of Zentradi/Meltradi and human technologies. The 21's fighter/Gerwalk/Battroid design is a nice little touch that brings some really cool scope, logic, and history to Macross' continuity.

That, and it's got a little of that "EVIL :ph34r: Valk" vibe going for it. :D