vote for jetfire in the new transformers movie

xsjado

devastator was already in the movie, albeit not the same character, but the real devastator would be too big for the transformers movie, I don't think he would fit in.

it was a mess up on the part of the people whom made the sub titles wiki has it based on the subtitles but on the movie toys he is brawl. to bad he wasnt an autobot and named warpath.

I voted for Jetfire just because of the chance of another half decent toy comming out of it. Although, I must admit I did have a strong urge to vote for Grimlock :)

Soundwave would be lame. He would be Human size or smaller. They would probably make him a Ipod or if they went old school an old Jam box. If they decided to change him to some other alt mode other than a music player then whats the point of soundwave???? These are a few characters I wouldn't mind

Galvatron--Megs in a new body, Frenzy downloaded his essence into a new form

HotRod

Sideswipe

Sunstreaker

Hound

Grimlock

Prowl

Thundercracker

I voted for Mirage myself. Never forget the episode where he snuck aboard the Decepticon's shuttle and committed some "Sabotage!".

*MOVIE SPOILER*

I can't say that i'm not worried that if he makes it into the sequel (which based on the current numbers is nigh impossible) his appearance will be something akin to Jazz's in the first movie and he'll die for no other reason than to prove as a lesson to the Autobot's mortality.

<_<

Edited by Veritas

Constructicons superior, Soundwave inferior. :p I mean Frenzy was more or less what Soundwave should have been.

As much as I liked Grimlock for his simple-mindedness and proneness to violence, a T-rex won't do that well in staying inconspicuous (not that Megatron did as an alien jet). After rewatching Optimus Prime fighting his way to Megatron in the old cartoon movie, anyone else laugh their asses off and chant "HAX!"?

I voted for Jetfire only if they at least tried to make the Skyfire version (the 'toon cybertron plane version not the valkryie). Then at least the Autobots would have some airpower in the next movie. Apart from him, Devastator would be nice to just have one big honkin' robot bringing down buildings.

I thought it was confirmed the Dinobots were in the next movie??? I can't remember where i got that info from.

Grimlock or Jetfire for me. Grims would so rule, the dinobots meh, but Grimlock... coooool.

Soundwave only for his voice, i cannot visualize what his movie from will be. :p

And yeah Jetfire will not be a VF-1, but we DO need a kick ass aerial fighter for the Autobots.

Although a VF-1 done in kick ass CG with todays tech would seriously send me to heaven.

When is the Macross live action flick gonna happen??? Why aren't BigWest doing something dammit! :lol:

Don't let the Western/American producers do it!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I thought it was confirmed the Dinobots were in the next movie??? I can't remember where i got that info from.

Grimlock or Jetfire for me. Grims would so rule, the dinobots meh, but Grimlock... coooool.

Soundwave only for his voice, i cannot visualize what his movie from will be. :p

And yeah Jetfire will not be a VF-1, but we DO need a kick ass aerial fighter for the Autobots.

Although a VF-1 done in kick ass CG with todays tech would seriously send me to heaven.

When is the Macross live action flick gonna happen??? Why aren't BigWest doing something dammit! :lol:

Don't let the Western/American producers do it!

Ah yes, a much-visited wish by posters here on the MW boards. But in all sincerity, one must eventually ask themselves: is that really what you'd want to see? could it ever live up to your expectations of what Macross should be on the big screen? I used to think that would be cool--but in retrospect, I say no. The truth is often no match for the legend...

But in that same vein though, I say to hell with CG! I'd love to see a "squadron" of 3-4 1/1 scale static-display fighters staged on a tarmac...the choice of squadron colors? well, that's a no-brainer. B)) Heck, you could charge people admission to take photos in/around the planes--give 'em "flight suits" to put on for pics...LOL, Macross World: the theme park!

I thought I read several months ago that one of the ideas they were tossing around for the next movie was to combine the Constructicons and Dinobots, making the Dinobot characters big construction vehicles since dinosaurs would look too silly for live-action. Anyone else remember that or did I 'hear' it in my own mind during some mad, virus-induced fever-dream?

Ah yes, a much-visited wish by posters here on the MW boards. But in all sincerity, one must eventually ask themselves: is that really what you'd want to see? could it ever live up to your expectations of what Macross should be on the big screen? I used to think that would be cool--but in retrospect, I say no. The truth is often no match for the legend...

But in that same vein though, I say to hell with CG! I'd love to see a "squadron" of 3-4 1/1 scale static-display fighters staged on a tarmac...the choice of squadron colors? well, that's a no-brainer. B)) Heck, you could charge people admission to take photos in/around the planes--give 'em "flight suits" to put on for pics...LOL, Macross World: the theme park!

Macross Theme Park... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how much would that rule.

Not only your seriously cool 1/1 valks idea (imagine a 1/1 21 or SV.. holy crap :lol:

but how about non stop big screen screenings of all the Macross flicks (including non stop tv series viewings with short

intermission food/toilet periods) with state of the art sound and vibration equipment. :D THAT would kick ass.

Ohh yeah Karoke bars for Macross tunes "Kunnnn Kuuuunnnn!" lol and Lovers viewing Window recreated for the DYRL?

Hikky and Minny scene, VT-1 Roller coaster rides with Holographic screens to create the space feeling and smoke

guns and special lighting to produce the Saturns ring effect and you fly around in a huge room on rails (wear headphones

or something to cut the rail noises out). SDF bar rooms.. ummm and LIVE CONCERTS! .... Zero G rooms...

and and and.... ooo and a monkey! hahah

Make up your own Theme Park thread reddsun1, that would be a blast!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

LOL, I realize even as I typed it, that a "Macross Theme Park" would be a rather silly and fanciful wish. I dunno--there's all sorts of reasons, logic and reason notwithstanding, for why such an idea would never be feasible. But heck, if left up to me, I'd say give the "Macross Theme Park" a military-base-tour theme to it. Don't they do that sort of thing at bases like Oceana in Norfolk? Aren't there some bases in Japan slated for closure or return to the Japanese gov't? Use one of those bases; model it after a small section of Ataria Island and the airbase adjascent to the Macross.

[ref: Macross Mecha Manual]

--Use tour vehicles modeled after the M-299 Utility or GN-XM-3002

--Have a "tarmac" section for tour trolleys to ride through, past/through an open hanger with static display vehicles:

1.) VF-1

2.) Sea Sergeant [converted Sikorski S-61 or S-62 Sea King?]

3.) LVT Avenger II

4.) that "blue" plane at the airbase in ep. 1 "Boobytrap" ??? don't think it's a QF-3000 Ghost

5.) Fan Racer

6.) Cat's Eye or VC-33 Mom's Kitchen?

7.) some support vehicles that might be seen on deck of Prometheus?

--Outside the hanger, maybe at perimeter points a few hundred meters apart, 1/1 scale statues of some of the more prominent vehicles from the series, like the Destroids: Defender, arms aimed skyward, poised and "scanning" for inbound bogeys; Spartan; Tomahawk--heck how can you not have the Tomahawk? And maybe a 1/1 scale Quadrono Armor; a "crashed" Gnerl. They may prove too massive to build replicas of, but ideally: Nousjadeul-Ger; Reguld; Glaug; and maybe even a Queadluun-Rau? Okay, start off modest, work your way up to it, give it a couple of seasons. Let ticket revenues start paying some of the massive construction costs off. <_<

--Have a section replicating a street or even section of a city block of "Macross City," with key locations like Minmay's family restaurant; a U.N. Spacy recruiting office; and of course, Max and Milia's favorite arcade. Heck, the crown jewel would have to be a working version of the 3D VF combat game! ^_^

--Obviously, building a macross is impossible--just plain nuts! But a "Macross bridge," to take short walking tours through? Or at least, part of the bridge. The command section behind the glass. We're talking a 3-4 story structure, right?

Okay, maybe this does belong in a separate thread. This is so off topic. And I have spent way too much time thinking about this... ^_^