VF-11 Thunderbolt - anyone got one?

PetarB

It would be a long and expensive exercise, I fear! At the moment I'm creating something about half that size, and it's already taken a lot longer than I estimated (not Macross).

Anyway, I would really love to see Noyhauser complete his.

I put it on the backburner while I did my small fleet of Suez aircraft.... but I guess I can move to finish it after I complete the Sea Hawk.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to know what happened to that giant Destroid in THOR's pics!?

My 1/35 Spartan is in a box in storage for the last several years. My second to last company closed its doors to make stuff in Mexico. My last employer got slammed by the recession. Just started working again after being laid off for 8 months. Maybe I'll get the bug to finish it by this winter. I'll need help casting it if others want one.

• 2 months later...

So I've started building my model. Its been a bit of a pain getting everything together. Its fragile enough that everything needs to be pinned, from the main assemblies down to the horizontal stabs. Its fit is a bit off too so its important to find what you feel is the best. I made the decision not to use the fast packs and keep it in the clean atmospheric configuration.

I'm now doing assembly/painting. Since I'm using alclad I need to put down a black enamel base coat, which is what you see in these photos. Yet given the construction of engines, arms and fuselage, I had to paint the legs first so I can get them completely covered. Thats what you see. I chose a variation of a scheme of an aircraft I saw growing up. I didn't cover the legs up completely so there was a bit of spill over, but that can be easily buffed out.

post-1167-1255644762_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1255644835_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

hey Petar, I've got one that's pretty much built as far as the main body and wings are concerned, it's just in primer but I could take a pic of it if you like. It's the Club M version, personally I like the Retppu, the Club M looks kinda like a bird

Edited by Grayson72

Welcome to hell. ^_^

Seriously, it took me a couple of years to find someone who wanted to part with their VF-11 resin kit. You will only find one on the second hand market. Ocassionally they crop up on ebay, one went for about $300 which I passed on.

He he, I have the Hobby Base Retppu kit (rubbing in) and wanted to do a conversion kit, two seater ELINT or so but just never got around to it!

Maybe if there is sufficient interest I can do a recast of it, now in colour of your choice with or without metallic flakes!

He he, I have the Hobby Base Retppu kit (rubbing in) and wanted to do a conversion kit, two seater ELINT or so but just never got around to it!

Maybe if there is sufficient interest I can do a recast of it, now in colour of your choice with or without metallic flakes!

I haven't seen the HBR kit but I really like the proportions of the Club M kit; It looks sleeker than the YF-19. If you can give it the same treatment as the VF-4 (and I have some ideas on what you can improve) then I think It could be a dynamite model.

I haven't seen the HBR kit but I really like the proportions of the Club M kit; It looks sleeker than the YF-19. If you can give it the same treatment as the VF-4 (and I have some ideas on what you can improve) then I think It could be a dynamite model.

same here, i would prefer the club-M version of the vf-11...if anyone's planning to do a recast, count me in for 2 sets :ph34r:

The Hobby Base Retppu VF-11 fighter kit is actually more complex than the Club-M counterpart. Besides more pieces, it also makes use of ball joints to fit varous parts together, such as thrusters etc. I guees this is to give it a degree of maneuverability.

The Hobby Base Retppu VF-11 fighter kit is actually more complex than the Club-M counterpart. Besides more pieces, it also makes use of ball joints to fit varous parts together, such as thrusters etc. I guees this is to give it a degree of maneuverability.

do u have any completed HBR vf-11 pics...never seen one. by the way how much wud u sell if u r going to do a recast?

A recast of the Hobby Base Retppu 1/72 VF-11 Thunder Bolt with Fast Packs would cost around $90-120 shipped. I can also recast the kit in various colour so far a metallic dark grey finish looks best, after that a bluish grey looks also quite nice!

I will need at least 10 - 15 confirmed interested people to make this happen. I will also get back with the exact price in a few days.

A recast of the Hobby Base Retppu 1/72 VF-11 Thunder Bolt with Fast Packs would cost around $90-120 shipped. I can also recast the kit in various colour so far a metallic dark grey finish looks best, after that a bluish grey looks also quite nice!

I will need at least 10 - 15 confirmed interested people to make this happen. I will also get back with the exact price in a few days.

Sorry for the question, but I'm not familiar with his model. Would this be of the fighter or the battroid? I realize the "fast packs" description would imply fighter, but I don't want to assume.