Voltron - Live Action Movie

Los

• 3 weeks later...

OMG If you read the informations, you will undoubtlfuly catch that

"So down in Mexico, Allura and company have been busy manufacturing five robots to take on the RoBeasts using a combination of ancient pyramid drawings and alien technology."

Sphinx are in fact ancient Voltron Lions!!

Man I love the idea!!!

sphinx.jpg

af_voltron_lions.jpg

Edited by charger69

OMG If you read the informations, you will undoubtlfuly catch that

"So down in Mexico, Allura and company have been busy manufacturing five robots to take on the RoBeasts using a combination of ancient pyramid drawings and alien technology."

Sphinx are in fact ancient Voltron Lions!!

Man I love the idea!!!

sphinx.jpg

af_voltron_lions.jpg

While the idea of Voltron being based on schematics hidden in egyptian artwork makes my head hurt....

Black lion WAS parked in a sphynx-like statue originally. And yellow parked in a sphynx. So the connection isn't TOO far out.

• 3 weeks later...

OMFG......

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797000...yid=13&cs=1

Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.

Spoiler comments!!!!

I like the idea of a Voltron movie that's not corny, but I really don't like the junk-former lions. Seriously, these lions are gonna look crappy (and possibly corny/goofy) if they are built out of junk (which road spikes for teeth sounds like junk to me). If they had built them in secret, then why couldn't they have used better parts like military stuff. And what's even worse in my opinion is that road spikes and other junk weapons can beat a monster that (as we are made to believe based on the script) top of the line military armaments couldn't beat. To me, it's like shooting a monster with a nuclear bomb, seeing that the bomb does nothing, then having a little kid smack it with a stick and the thing dies from the stick attack. I know people were complaining over the Junk-former TF movie designs, I can only imagine how bad this will be since they are actually made of junk. I seriously hope this gets revised.

Edited by protostar8

The writer for this proposed Voltron movie looks like he's about fulfilling the live action fantasy of 80s fan boys.

"He is adapting "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" for Joel Silver at Warner Bros., as well as the Green Arrow pic "Supermax," also at the studio. Marks also has "Street Fighter" in the works at Hyde Park and Fox."

And what the heck is the reviewer from LatinoReview thinking when he says that the script is a homeage to the Japanese and American versions when the lions are made out of car trunk parts? Just rename the movie Junkotron then. And I think they’re stretching it a bit with the multi-ethnic characeters, all they need now is someone in a wheel chair and make Lance gay to make sure all demographics are covered.

Edited by baronv

I'm really starting to think that the reviewer is a close friend of the writer because he's way to happy about that sorry script.

Well, we can't say we didn't see it coming. Not even 2 paragraphs into it and the writer acknowledges some blatant "co*k stroking" of the script writer... <_<

Shamless buggery aside, this guy is way too enthusiastic over a script that most any other rational reader would conclude is as much garbage as the "junk" lions featured in it...

Edited by reddsun1

Well, we can't say we didn't see it coming. Not even 2 paragraphs into it and the writer acknowledges some blatant "co*k stroking" of the script writer... <_<

Shamless buggery aside, this guy is way too enthusiastic over a script that most any other rational reader would conclude is as much garbage as the "junk" lions featured in it...

I don't really use that site too often, so does anyone know if that guy is one of the main reviewers?