1/18/08 Cloverfield

Yep, teaser trailer for Star Trek. :D

I hope whatever is trashing the city in this movie, really trashes the hell out of the city and wreaks total havoc. Need a good giant monster movie. :)

Well, the trailer does say that the video was salvaged from what was "formerly known as Central Park."

Well, the trailer does say that the video was salvaged from what was "formerly known as Central Park."

man just give me a reasonable mecha - one that is good with hand to hand combat, and I can take care of this gloverfield monster with no damage to the citizens (well maybe a little, I might step on someone, or accident'ly blow up a building lol). I am thinking of either a EVA or becomeing ULTRAMAN. Man I cant decide, I would say a valk or a destroid but I dont think they are of the right caliber. But becomeing Ultraman would be sweet, I always wanted to do that thing with the laser arm thingymigjig. ^_^

man just give me a reasonable mecha - one that is good with hand to hand combat, and I can take care of this gloverfield monster with no damage to the citizens (well maybe a little, I might step on someone, or accident'ly blow up a building lol). I am thinking of either a EVA or becomeing ULTRAMAN. Man I cant decide, I would say a valk or a destroid but I dont think they are of the right caliber. But becomeing Ultraman would be sweet, I always wanted to do that thing with the laser arm thingymigjig. ^_^

Way ahead of you..... ;)

CLOVERFIELD MONSTER VS. MECH

Depends on speed of monster. Iowa class is good for 35+ mph if it has to run away. Godzilla's never moved very fast IIRC. :)

Yeah too bad somebody had them retired.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw it, and I really have to say I wasn't expecting much given all the hype. However, it went above and beyond my expectations. The shaky cam is pulled off very well, and there are moments where sincere terror can be felt by the audience. Honestly, there were a few parts that seemed, 'iffy' at least from a probability standpoint, but still, it really is a must-see. They managed to even get characters you truly care about with unique exposition and through the events of the film; which is practically unheard of for sci-fi action pics/ monster movies, But they did it. To truly experience the film, you've got to see it in theaters. I'd give it a solid 4.5/5. It had some holes (mostly militarily), but I really enjoyed it.

So is the monster seen in the movie or are we left with the whole black mist like mystery?

edit: Wait...I just spoiled the mystery already...lol does it really look like a copy of Sin from FFX?

Edited by Zor Primus

ok, unlike you guys im too cheap to see the movie, so I went to see the spoilers on the net, and found a link for you guys, BUT REMEMBER I CAN ONLY SHOW YOU THE DOOR, YOU CAN ONLY OPEN IT, and dont go to the mods and say "deadghost ruined a movie for me, banned him", YOU DO THAT AL RIP YOUR SAC

Anyways click at your own risk. clover field spoier

-DO NOT DRINK SLUSHO, JUST TRUST ME

i thoroughly enjoyed it :) It was tense, it was well planned out, it was filled with characters who didnt actcompletely stupidly. Wonderful film, I'd see it again.

Plus, as a filmmaker, trust me when i say the FX are more amazing that many realise: Doing what they did on a shakey frame is HARD

I found out today that my local theater won't be showing it. It's a chain that covers Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Ohio. Unfortunately they also bought the theaters here in Fargo, so now I'm boned. Apparently they won't show it because the studio won't give them a good deal? What? They did this with Sweeney Todd as well. Bizarre.

after the credits there is a black screen and u can hear a very faint crackly "Help me" that sounds like the lead guy

i think the main complaint people have with this is the hand hed, and i can see the argument. To me, that something u need to be aware of goign in; if the handheld isnt goign to be for u, then this is a movie to skip ;)

I just got back from seeing it also, it was ok. I wouldn't go see it again. Was it just me or did the monster look like

Highlight below if you want to see what I'm about to say, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't look.

[ a big spider with a tail ]?

No, reminds me more of a

frog look at it's head when it goes to eat Hud and you'll see what I mean.

My only complaint is that it was too friggin short,

less than an hour and a half

when you subtract the previews.

ok, unlike you guys im too cheap to see the movie, so I went to see the spoilers on the net, and found a link for you guys, BUT REMEMBER I CAN ONLY SHOW YOU THE DOOR, YOU CAN ONLY OPEN IT, and dont go to the mods and say "deadghost ruined a movie for me, banned him", YOU DO THAT AL RIP YOUR SAC

Anyways click at your own risk. clover field spoier

-DO NOT DRINK SLUSHO, JUST TRUST ME

This isn't the same as the movie that is being shown in the theaters.