Macross Toy Values

Escaflown4

Hi guys,

I have been kinda out of touch with Macross for a while, but lately a few ebay auctions caught my attention.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elintseeker-VE-1-MINT-...1QQcmdZViewItem

So far I don't think this price has ever been realized for the Elintseeker in the past even though it did hit the four digits before, but $1356??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Robotech-Roy-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this the current going price for a 1/48 Fokker?

My question is are these the actually going prices or is it just aggressive bidding from a few certain individuals?

I am not knowledgeable on the vintage stuff, but $760 for a 1/48 Focker seems very strange. I'd bet that this is just an isolated incident. I don't imagine that ANY of the Yamato 1/48's are fetching those kinds of prices with any regularity, not even the coveted Low Visibility ver. 1 (which only seems to go for around $300-$400 on ebay). I'm going to start watching 1/48 Focker and if this is a continuing trend, I might just have to offload a few of my extras ;)

EDIT: To add insult to injury, the seller has the item listed as "New" condition, but it is obvious from looking at the pics that this thing has been taken out of its box

Edited by mister_e

I think prices for the 1/55 Elintseeker and Super Ostrich were low for the past couple of years because people expected Yamato to do 1/48 versions of them both. But I think now they're beginning to realize that Yamato won't do it, so these two 1/55's are on back on the upswing again.

im new here :)

about the price for elintseeker, i think should be like that, because back in hong kong 2001, i bought 1 MIB unused for $1400USD

and for a while i become regret i bought it, cus the price totally down, only around $700-$1000 for MIB.

now i feel good i kept 1 :)

Haha! With the upswing value of the Taka VE and VT, will this prompt Yamato to reconsider their stance on those for their 1/48 line?!

Doubtful. Yamato would need to do some moderate tooling to their VF-1 molds and create entirely new FAST Packs from scratch. On top of that, I don't think Yamato could sell variants of the Elintseeker and Ostrich to make it worth their while. I mean how many paint variants could they plausibly market for a training and intelligence gathering mecha?

Doubtful. Yamato would need to do some moderate tooling to their VF-1 molds and create entirely new FAST Packs from scratch. On top of that, I don't think Yamato could sell variants of the Elintseeker and Ostrich to make it worth their while. I mean how many paint variants could they plausibly market for a training and intelligence gathering mecha?

The VE and VT body seem to be identical in design (from what I can tell of the 1/60 scale ver.), that's two for the price of one. 1D as extra money. It should be more cost effective to do minor remolds than to create a new one. Creating new Fast Packs shouldn't be as expensive as a new VF mold.

Doubtful or not, I am aware that my thoughts won't change anyone's mind, but it doesn't hurt to voice my opinion.

As far as paint variants are concerned, I think Yamato's latest VF-1s should answer your questions :p .

The VE and VT body seem to be identical in design (from what I can tell of the 1/60 scale ver.), that's two for the price of one. 1D as extra money. It should be more cost effective to do minor remolds than to create a new one. Creating new Fast Packs shouldn't be as expensive as a new VF mold.

Doubtful or not, I am aware that my thoughts won't change anyone's mind, but it doesn't hurt to voice my opinion.

As far as paint variants are concerned, I think Yamato's latest VF-1s should answer your questions :p .

You're absolutely right, for the most part the VT and VE bodies are identical except for the heads. But there's also another difference, it could be minor or it could require a serious modification to fighter mode. In fighter mode (no FAST Packs), the VT-1 Ostrich head is completely hidden within the body (maybe that's why it's called "Ostrich"). Unlike the other VF's, the eye-piece on the head doesn't face forward in fighter mode either. Instead it faces down, then is completely pulled into the body.

Check out this pic taken from Mr. March's awesome MMM.

vt-1-fighter-ventral.gif

There may be enough room in Yamato's existing 1/48 to completely encompass the head in fighter mode, or Yamato's going to have their work cut out for them. Either way, neither Bandai's 1/55 nor Yamato's 1/60 Ostrich managed to figure this one out. :huh:

Yamato would also have to modify the wings slightly. They would just have to add two small pieces at the tips of the wings. I really don't see a big problem with yamato making both the elint and super O.

• 2 weeks later...

Yamato could make modified parts for making the vt and ve1

making molds for the new parts would be so expensive for them.

(captain america have made vf1d kits for a reasonnable price for a low quantity)

the prices could be reduced for a great quantity.

And Yamato would certainly sell th vt, the ve and the vf1d at higher price.

it is sure that they can't make so many variants like the vf1 but they will send the vt and ve1 easily.

they could reduce the cost in using the vf1stock which were initially destinated for a vf1line which is not succesful (for example the angel bird or canon fodder)

making the vt1 vf1d and ve1 for the 25 anniversary would be a great marketting operation.

It would be ridiculous to miss this occasion.

for making prices higher a special or limited edition of these valks would be a good operation for yamato.

I think the yamato's marketing service has already study this question.