80's OVA's your desperate to see?

I agree with Effect. I only care for eighties and early nineties anime, mainly because I like the designs a whole lot.

Dude, I never knew there was an 80's maps.

Thanks for the great cover art, Area88! You got any translations of the titles?

Edited by danth

Here's a partial list of some of the covers:

Urban Square - 1986

Willful Idol - 1990

BB Fish - 1994

Dead Heat - 1987

High School Agent - 1988

Majo demo Steady - 1986

Greed - 1985

Cosmos Pink Shock - 1986

Bavi Stock - 1985

Scoopers - 1987

High Speed Jecy - 1989

Assate Dance - 1990

Fandora - 1985

Toki-iro Kaima - 1989

Puttsun Make LOVE - 1987

Maps - 1987

Elf 17 - 1987

Love Position, Legend of the Halley - 1985

??? = forgotten the title names, i will try and find them.

Edited by Area88

Does anyone remember Plawre Sanshiro? I remember seeing it as a 10 yrs kid but I don't see any sub DVD at all (even bootleg).

post-3608-1183982059_thumb.jpg

Does anyone remember Plawre Sanshiro? I remember seeing it as a 10 yrs kid but I don't see any sub DVD at all (even bootleg).
Here is a torrent for all 37 episodes of the tv series - Click Here

Shurato TV & OVA, Hi-Speed Jacy, & eveything you have posted on the top of the page!
I have the first 10 episodes of Shurato, maybe i should upload a few since all the torrents for it are long dead.

I found the AD police DVD once in a second hand store so I bought it. I got through like 10 episodes and then the last two were glitched and would not play I was PISSED!!!

That's the newer AD Police, the original was about 3 episodes, and tied in with the original BGC.

--AndromedaStories.jpgWinningPitcher.jpg--HoshiNekoFullhouse.jpg--SaintElmo.jpgKaruizawaSyndrome.jpgPelicanCulture-1.jpgMoneyWars-1.jpgChuhaiLemonLOVE30S.jpgFutureWar198X2.jpgTaimanBlues.jpg

List of the covers added:

Andromeda Stories - 1982

Shouri Toushu - 1987

Hoshi Neko Full House - 1989

Saint Elmo - 1987

Karuizawa Syndrome - 1985

Pelican Road Club Culture - 1986

Money Wars - 1991

Chuhai Lemon Love 30s - 1985

Future War 198X - 1982

Taiman Blues - 1990

Edited by Area88

BlueFlames.jpgGdleen.jpgMaryuuSenki-1.jpgCircuitAngel.jpgFilenaForever3-1.jpgChoujikuuRomanesqueSamyMissing992.jpgGirlDetectiveClub.jpgNora.jpgSequence.jpg

List of covers:

Blue Flames - 1989

Gldleen - 1989

Maryuu Senki - 1987

Circuit Angel - 1988

Choujikuu Romanesque Samy - 1986

Eien no Filena - 1992

Girl Detective Club - 1986

Nora - 1985

Sequence - 1992

Edited by Area88

• 8 years later...

Has anyone actually watched Fight! Iczer One?

I bought this art book back around 86/87 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg4MTA=/z/YVYAAOxyOMdS8KSw/$_57.JPG

but never actually saw the OVA. Always wanted to.

and still do.. . .

Has anyone actually watched Fight! Iczer One?

I bought this art book back around 86/87 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg4MTA=/z/YVYAAOxyOMdS8KSw/$_57.JPG

but never actually saw the OVA. Always wanted to.

and still do.. . .

Still enjoy the original FIght! Iczer-1 OVAs! Those are classic created by Toshihiro Hirano and use his incredible character designs too! The music is dated but the OVAs successfully weave elements of horror, sci-fi, and mecha too. There's a great interview with him and he states he achieved everything he set out to do with this series. There is a strong emphasis on style, character designs, mecha, explosions, horror, and fighting. These were some of the popular quallities that were popular in 80s and 90s OVAs. :) If you like Hirano's character designs check out the Dangaioh OVAs!

Oh and the Iczer-1 translated artbook published by NipponPress(?) is awesome too. Definitely one of my favorites considering the considerable detailed cel images and close ups.

Nice memories here^^

I watches much os this lists, and I really missed this time...

When the stories was better and no much fan-service and moe...

I think you need to re-watch those 80's OAVs. :)

Many of them had plenty of fanservice.

Still enjoy the original FIght! Iczer-1 OVAs! Those are classic created by Toshihiro Hirano and use his incredible character designs too! The music is dated but the OVAs successfully weave elements of horror, sci-fi, and mecha too. There's a great interview with him and he states he achieved everything he set out to do with this series. There is a strong emphasis on style, character designs, mecha, explosions, horror, and fighting. These were some of the popular quallities that were popular in 80s and 90s OVAs. :) If you like Hirano's character designs check out the Dangaioh OVAs!

Oh and the Iczer-1 translated artbook published by NipponPress(?) is awesome too. Definitely one of my favorites considering the considerable detailed cel images and close ups.

Iczer-1 music DATED?? ARG--- More like TIMELESS!

Dangaioh and Iczer-1 music is still my favorite . . .

Iczer-1 music DATED?? ARG--- More like TIMELESS!

Dangaioh and Iczer-1 music is still my favorite . . .

Right you are DarrinG! :) To us the music is timeless but, I was referring to newer viewers might consider Iczer-1 dated. Personally love Iczer-1, Iczer3 and Dangaioh!

@ Chas: Consider picking up this Iczer-1 artbook. It is in lush full color and also has gorgeous close ups of the high detailed cels showcasing Toshihiro Hirano badass character designs and Masami Obari mecha designs too!!

post-2727-0-62495900-1438283831_thumb.jpg

post-2727-0-90508600-1438283869_thumb.jpg

So I think one of the cool things that has changed in the eight years since Area 88 created this thread is that many, if not most of these videos are now available on youtube. Last night I watched and really enjoyed Urban Square... which was awesome. It had the classic hard boiled detective.... AWESOME. I see its like 50/50 on which OAVs are on the tube, but its still far more than before. Maybe we should post them here?