Harmony Gold having troubles?

Dude, I extended an invitation to you. Dont act like an idiot. Pies may not be considered "dangerous" but its pretty frakking insulting. I can see that your too much of an idiot to take this to a serious level like I hoped you would. You're confusing me for some of the people here that just want to argue. You want to argue with me I'll take you up on it.

hell, if they want pictures to remember that it happened, it better helps the chances of their reflecting upon the incident and asking the intellectual question "What could have driven this to occur and why was I selected as the target?"

Well, if he's as much of an egomaniac as you say then it probably goes something like this:

Tommy Yune - "Because I was the director of Robotech the Shadow Chronicles and you're not. Jealous???"

:lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Oh, I forgot. You guys are scared of pies. Now you're scared of wedgies, too. Man, you must've had some distressing events happen to you when you were younger. How about considering an appointment with a Realist?

Scared nuthin', I'll bust out my guitar & at you!

Dude, I extended an invitation to you. Dont act like an idiot. Pies may not be considered "dangerous" but its pretty farting insulting. I can see that your too much of an idiot to take this to a serious level like I hoped you would. You're confusing me for some of the people here that just want to argue. You want to argue with me I'll take you up on it.

I was joking about the wedgie thing because Keith was joking about the wedgie thing. But seriously, I'm very happy to take you up on your invitation and am honoured by your generosity. Calling me an 'idiot' is over the line, but hey, if we're gonna go there, we can. I'd prefer not; there's no benefit in it. But if it's about "people here that just want to argue," then maybe the people who "just want to argue" should understand that they need to lay off for a while so I can get some sleep tonight?

Scared nuthin', I'll bust out my guitar & at you!

Only as long as it's a Jamming Birds backup-band guitar! :ph34r:

I was joking about the wedgie thing because Keith was joking about the wedgie thing. But seriously, I'm very happy to take you up on your invitation and am honoured by your generosity. Calling me an 'idiot' is over the line, but hey, if we're gonna go there, we can. I'd prefer not; there's no benefit in it. But if it's about "people here that just want to argue," then maybe the people who "just want to argue" should understand that they need to lay off for a while so I can get some sleep tonight?

Only as long as it's a Jamming Birds backup-band guitar! :ph34r:

I realize that you were joking but by me inviting you, that means I have to reassure other people that you're gonna be ok. So I asked you to not joke about it. Coming back at me with another joke is pretty idiotic. Maybe you're just regaling at the little attention you have found, in which case you're better off not showing up. But if you were serious about a neutral face to face which what would seem like the whole point to your stunt is then don't be a jackass.

I realize that you were joking but by me inviting you, that means I have to reassure other people that you're gonna be ok. So I asked you to not joke about it...if you were serious about a neutral face to face which what would seem like the whole point to your stunt is then don't be a Tom Cruise.

Indeed, you are correct that "a neutral face to face" would be a wonderful end to this whole incident. I'm very sorry if I offended you or made your job any harder with my comeback--I hope you can understand, I'm writing replies like every few minutes!--So know this for sure: If indeed I come to Macross World-Con and Tommy Yune (or another Harmony Gold-affiliated person) then be sure that I'm not going to do anything out of the ordinary. What happened at Anime Expo was not the start of some "war of physical aggression" against Harmony Gold; I would very much enjoy the opportunity to show that this is the truth.

Edited by Kamjin 639

Seriously dude, no one wants to argue with you. But you allow other people to write about their personal feelings about the incident. You actually let this one out of the bag because of your actions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions including you. Your actions and judgement may be questionable to say the least.

However if we had a MWcon pie fight, I am down with it. B))

Seriously dude, no one wants to argue with you. But you allow other people to write about their personal feelings about the incident. You actually let this one out of the bag because of your actions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions including you. Your actions and judgement may be questionable to say the least.

However if we had a MWcon pie fight, I am down with it. B))

But what kind of pie would be the official pie of MWCon? I vote banana cream!

But what kind of pie would be the official pie of MWCon? I vote banana cream!

Didn't Max and Milia have a cake shaped like the Macross?--I'm not saying that it'd be used for a projectile or anything, but that would be really awesome if we could get something made like that. If I recall correctly, the main body, head, Dedalus and Prometheus, and the legs were actual cake whereas the arms were faux in the form of sticks or something.

Again, I find it humourous that people will batty and moan about things all day long (and this is, according to your position, alright) and yet actually doing something to express it beyond the realm of words is not. I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously, anyone who thinks like that needs a serious ideal-check; bastardising action in this day and age--hell, ANY day and age--is bastardising the chance for advancement. I lay no claim to having accomplished anything, but at least I was willing to try something different. Many people just do the same things over and over again and frankly it's boring as hell.

Robotech fans HAVE BEEN PUSHED to emotional extremes thanks to his and his partners' decisions on how to handle the franchise.

Jeez. . . did anyone else get creeped out by this?

Talking is what people do when they disagree about something within civilized society. When talking breaks down (between nations. . . not anime fans) and the stakes are high, sometimes things escalate beyond "the realm of words." But, when the topic is something as ultimately pointless and meaningless as an anime, to consider doing anything "more" than talking is. . . well. . . bat-crap crazy.

I mean, seriously, you got worked up enough to do this? Sweet merciful crap! Get a grip! You're not a hero. You're not a revolutionary. You're a guy who has demonstrated that you are taking your own views on your favorite anime far too seriously.

We've got a "revolutionary" here who throws pies in the faces of people over an anime. . . yet he's here to announce that other message boards consider the membership here to be "jerks." Lovely.

Try to grasp this concept: If you disagree with the direction of your favorite intellectual property, you vote with your wallet and you voice your opinions. If you feel it necessary to "escalate" things and to go "beyond the realm of words". . . well, you're crossing a line. . . called "sanity."

Geez. . . all these years, I didn't realize all I had to do was "move beyond words" and throw a pie in George Lucas' face! Then he'd get rid of midichlorians!

Edit: Clarified above (in blue)

We've got a "revolutionary" here who throws pies in the faces of people over an anime. . . yet he's here to announce that other message boards consider the membership here to be "jerks." Lovely.

I didn't say it, man. It came from here...

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22860

On a side note, a guy at the registration booth told me that macrossworld is full of a bunch of jerks. haha

And he's totally right, too.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Kamjin 639

My ability to travel, however, is limited.

In other words, you work a low-paying job while calling yourself a writer on the internet and spend your meager pennies on a Greyhound bus to Los Angeles to throw a pie in the face of a man who makes cartoons for a living.

You are not an intellectual or a spokesperson for the fans, you are a mentally unbalanced loser.

So to sum up:

Person A: Here are my views about Rick Hunter.

Person B: Here are my views about Rick Hunter.

Person A: Very well. I will throw a pie in your face until you admit that my views about Rick Hunter are better.

F-cking asinine. All this blathering on about "ideals" and "doing what's right" while being pushed to "EMOTIONAL EXTREMES". . .

You're talking about your opinions regarding an anime. You should (right now) drop to your knees and pray that some day you gain enough perspective and real concerns in your life that you look back on your recent asshatery and not only feel ashamed, but positively mystified that you actually felt that your behavior was conceivable, let alone justified. Because, heaven help you, if you still feel like this was a good idea five years from now, you'll be. . . well, still you.

In other words, you work a low-paying job while calling yourself a writer on the internet and spend your meager pennies on a Greyhound bus to Los Angeles to throw a pie in the face of a man who makes cartoons for a living.

That is correct. Freelance writing is a difficult field to work-in, especially for someone relatively new to the field. However, I do what I can. I'm doing my best not to be confused by the fact that, for some reason, you think I'm somehow bad because I'm not well-off financially. Why be so cruel?

Just came to check what was going on here. Working late and got bored.

soo..let´s see...yeah, arguing and battying all over the place, should´ve expected it. ^_^

I just wanted to say this to Kamjin 639, I hope you realise I say this stuff in a very understading manner ( no more arguments here ) :

Your arguments could actually be valid, but even then, a 20 year old cartoon is defenitively not worth the trouble of walking personally to meet someone and pie them in the face. that´s a fact.

Am I a ¨harcore¨ fan ? hell yeah. Would I be willing to personally insult someone, by doing something like this, for my beloved show ? hell no. Why ? well, not because I don´t have enough love or commintment to the franchise, but because we´re talking about real people here, not some imaginary characters.

The fact is, arguing over the internet about a cartoon is the most legit thing to do, because it´s also the most harmless thing you should be allowed to do. When you go beyond that you start to loose sight of reality: we´re adults, this is a cartoon, we love it but we don´t own it. period.

Edited by Aegis!

I just wanted to say this to Kamjin 639, I hope you realise I say this stuff in a very understading manner ( no more arguments here )

Thank you for your advice. It's definitely a sound change from the ridicule people are enjoying effecting right now, and I appreciate it very much.

Edited by Kamjin 639

Thank you for your advice. It's definitely a sound change from the ridicule people are enjoying effecting right now, and I appreciate it very much.

Why shouldn't people who do things that are utterly ridiculous (in every sense of the word) be subject to ridicule?

As I get older, I grow less fond of ridiculing others. There's a meanness to it that is unbecoming. Yet, in some cases, it's just utterly deserved. This is one of those cases.

Why shouldn't people who do things that are utterly ridiculous (in every sense of the word) be subject to ridicule?

As I get older, I grow less fond of ridiculing others. There's a meanness to it that is unbecoming. Yet, in some cases, it's just utterly deserved. This is one of those cases.

I'm glad I can be a source of entertainment to one of the Administrators around here.

Here's something that I'm not sure anyone has mentioned: You probably didn't expect Yune to behave so affably to the whole affair. You probably did expect to get into some trouble. Yet you went through with it anyways. . . for what?

For ROBOTECH/MACROSS. Really, think about that. YOU DID IT FOR ROBOTECH!

You might have been arrested. . . for Robotech.

You might have a permanent record. . . for Robotech.

You might have spent a night (or longer) in jail. . . for Robotech.

If you think Robotech is worth any of this (or Macross for that matter). . . wow. Just wow.

Yes, I did. The Shadow Chronicles sucks = Tommy Yune sucks = Let him know that he sucks

Is this too broad of a concept for you to grasp?

so, you're saying that the best way to affect change in a person, is to publicly assualt and humiliate them? That, as a writer, your words are so ineffectual, that a PIE is better equiped to convey your sentiments? Well, maybe it's time for you to change your vocation. Maybe try bakery, since apparantly you prefer lobbing baked goods in order to convey your feelings.

I'm shrugging-off the countless insults thrown at me on this thread because,...blab...blabb...blabbbb....

I think you are a D I C K, and here comes your pie!!!! :lol:

post-3608-1183635161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

He smiled and gave him a thumbs up afterword. Its being made to sound like he hit him over the head with a lead pipe. I mean, holy cow.

Yeah, all this talk of "it could have been a gun or aids are a "radical Islamist"" is stupid nonsense. You can get shot, stabbed, raped, robbed, beat up, ran over or get aids from walking out the front door of your house. Or going to the airport, or a ball game, or to the grocery store, etc, etc.

The dude got owned with pie to the face.

Big deal.

It's an ant hill being turned into a mole hill all for what I bet is more publicity towards HG, AX and all their affiliates and you guys are eating it up.

Someone brought up the point about Gates getting nailed with it being different because it's a cartoon and we're all adults, where's the difference? There isn't one. An operating system doesn't warrant it either, and the guy who did that was an adult too. Again, it's just a pie to the face.

Lol

not really, before kamjin showed up, most of us were saying somthing along the lines, of funny, what a loser, hey that tom guy handled it well.

And then kamjin got exposed, he posted up his little rant, and now we're all taking shots at captain cream puff.

Kamjin had my ear in his first post. He lost my ear in the consecutive ones when he stepped down to the level of the hecklers. (Psst: Kamjin, as a writer, you have to release a work to the public, and walk away from it; not everyone is George Lucas and has the means and balls to make changes after the initial publication. This was one of those walk-away times.)

And yes, some posters in MW have very poor manners to each other. That doesn't mean that all posters must behave badly. No, bad manners are bad manners. And if this community wants to grow, people have to fix their manners. As it is, there is a growing number of posters that I ignore and/or don't bother with anything more than a cursory glance... very sad. Conversly, there is a short list of members that I admire and respect, because they don't exhibit bad manners.

Edited by sketchley

I opnly read the first 2.5 pages of this thread, but when did everyone turn into a big, fat pussy?

A guy threw a pie in another guy's face. Harmless and a little pitiful.

It's a god damn PIE, not a grenade.

I'm a pretty non-comfrontational, non-violent guy...but what's the big f'ing deal? A PIE?!

I can hear people now, "what if it was an anthrax-laced grenade in a pie?"

People seem more upset by what he could have done than what he did do.

A loser tossed a pie at someone who was "raping his childhood" or something. That's lame, but who cares.

I think it makes a difference if it is a pie in YOUR face :huh:

I have self control and love comedy.

I wouldn't make the guy bite a curb for hitting me with some whipped cream.

However, that being said, I think there is a underlying issue with how adamant Mr. Pie is towards Mr. Yune and HG as a whole and I would seriously consider talking to a professional about your feelings and why you felt a pieing was (at the time) appropriately taking it to the next level.

When you boil it down, wipe away the excess and see it for what it really is, it's just a cartoon. No one forced you watch it, nor did you lose anything from it. And you're not alone in your feeling of how you've been shafted over the years - just look at Star Wars fans, at least we keep it civil.

Lastly before sleep, someone said something about him "sneaking passed security with a pie in his bag".... yeah, maybe you should get on their asses at the Convention Center about real issues. Like the fact that my best friend walked around Fanime with a pocket knife the entire time without being so much as looked at. Or how after buying a Tokyo Marui Airsoft Glock (straight import, no orange tip), I was walking around the same expo with it stuck in my belt without even a second glance from the San Jose Police. You're blaming the wrong person here for a "security issue".

You have to pull your heads (plural yes, but not meaning everyone here) of your asses and realize what you are scrutinizing here. It was a pie consisting of cream, sugar, some crust and a lot of calories. Comparing it to ANY other REAL act of violence is just stupid. Plain and utterly stupid.

Take a moment and think about what you're saying when you do compare it to that...

Edited by Chewie

Again, I find it humourous that people will batty and moan about things all day long (and this is, according to your position, alright) and yet actually doing something to express it beyond the realm of words is not.

Which is TRUE if that resultant constructive action has merit and functions to solve the problem in which you complain about. Your little pie incident solved none of the points of contention, all it "solved" was you getting your aggression out on a man who only wanted to entertain you.

You find it humorous that people will not "take action" on their complaints and I find it humorous that you feel justified in embarrassing someone who technically did you no harm outside of not entertaining you sufficiently.

Let's get this straight: I didn't 'assault' Tommy Yune. I threw a pie in his face.

Which, as others have pointed out, in the eyes of the law is assault. You have also made a video of the incident and appear to be using it in a defamatory light. You do realize that if he was so inclined Tommy Yune could actually have grounds to sue you for all your antics, right? As Hurin pointed out, are you willing to go to court for "Robotech"?

I also notice you chose not to answer my main question: as an "artist" yourself do you feel public humiliation to be an acceptable form of "constructive criticism" of a person's creative efforts? How would you feel if someone hated your work so much that they felt the need to embarrass you in public? Would that incident change your way of doing things?... or would it make you feel that one lone kook was just that, a lone kook who's opinion is tainted by their apparent lack of self control? If history has taught us nothing it's that lone, singular acts of aggression by individuals inevitably backfire on them and their intended outcome generally becomes the opposite of that which they wanted.

My God, I can't believe some are now approving of this incident.

Ummm....no they are not. THey are only trying to get the others to see it for what it really is, a smack in the face with a pie. Not a biological weapon or something similar. And yes it is assault.

No I don't condone it, i think the reason behind it was absolutely and utterly stupid, and it reminds me of another incident on this forum....you know it eugimon!

If his task was to humiliate and defame Tommy, it did exactly the opposite. I hated his work, but I have a new respect for him as a person.

Edited by kensei