Transformers: Animated

wow another Episode leaked early

Five Servos of Darkness

Great Episode, lots of backstory

Nice cameo by Warpath! Pretty cool that Prowl, Jazz and Lockdown all had the same sensei (Yokitron voiced by Sulu, LOL)

Sentinel continues to be a douche. Jetfire and Jetstorm are starting to grow on me a little (hated their designs at first)

Yes, the return of Prowl's Samurai Armor :)

Edited by chowyunskinny

Still no Sari, I think she became too overpowered with the allspark that the director decide to banned her....And yay, Swindle confirmed to be intact, not yet sold for scrap. lol

Edited by Morpheus

• 2 weeks later...

With both the dialog and the super-obvious The Fly homage, I really expected to see Wasp's "cybertronian" bits stripped out and used to "re-technify" BA. Or something along those lines. Or that BA would try to eliminate her organic side by putting it into Wasp---that also could have created Waspinator. Instead we more or less got BA's first trial experiment.

For those who are wondering what's been up with Sari,

here's an excerpt from Part 2 of the Derrick Wyatt interview at Unicron.com

Where is Sari? There's been no sign of her the last few eps. I miss her. What up with that?

derrickjwyatt: Certain parties decided they wanted less of her this season. She'll be back for Human Error and after.

Also, he mentions that in the episode Five Servos of Doom, there are some Cameo Easter Eggs as Busts in Yokitron's dojo. Here's one:

post-515-1239631664_thumb.jpg

Awesome! ^_^

That's interesting about Sari. It's strange that they decide to tone down her appearances at the precise moment her character becomes more interesting. Regardless, I wouldn't say her abscence has hurt the series at all, it's just as good as ever. My fingers are crossed tightly for either an extension of the series or a new series in the same universe.

With both the dialog and the super-obvious The Fly homage, I really expected to see Wasp's "cybertronian" bits stripped out and used to "re-technify" BA.

I laughed out loud at The Fly homage throughout the episode. Totally unexpected, and I loved every second of it! :)

This series is too awesome. Great storytelling. And I'm actually kind of missing Sari now.

I laughed out loud at The Fly homage throughout the episode. Totally unexpected, and I loved every second of it! :)

This series is too awesome. Great storytelling. And I'm actually kind of missing Sari now.

She was in today's episode. The whole episode felt like filler, though.

When did Wasp become a moron I am talking before he got turned in to a actual Wasp?

When they showed the flash back to when Bulkhead and Bumble bee were in boot camp with wasp he is pretty well articulate, and when they show him after he escaped he still talks like a well adjusted robot, but when he makes it to earth Wasp talks like a simpleton Why?

When did Wasp become a moron I am talking before he got turned in to a actual Wasp?

When they showed the flash back to when Bulkhead and Bumble bee were in boot camp with wasp he is pretty well articulate, and when they show him after he escaped he still talks like a well adjusted robot, but when he makes it to earth Wasp talks like a simpleton Why?

I'm not sure if it's shown at the end of "Autoboot Camp" or another episode. Wasp was shown as an isolated prisoner on an asteroid talking to himself in his Beast Wars-esque voice.

They're a little fuzzy (IMO) on the actual timeline, so Wasp may have well been isolated (maybe tortured?) in the stockade for countless years.

Is it just me, or did the second part of a A Human Error have the best homage/in-joke ever?

"Well I wanted to name him 'Slag', but I think he took it as an insult."

-Scrapper on naming "Snarl"

Edited by Letigre

They're a little fuzzy (IMO) on the actual timeline, so Wasp may have well been isolated (maybe tortured?) in the stockade for countless years.

Is it just me, or did the second part of a A Human Error have the best homage/in-joke ever?

Yep. That was a slice of fried gold.

Do they water board them with Energon?

How do you force a robot in to a stress position?

Not giving them energy or force feeding it to them.

Did Wasp actually get a trial?

Why did they think a prisoner who has been in prison for fifty+ cycles would be able to pass actionable Intel to the Desepticons.

Did longarm/soundwave arrange the escape.

Do they water board them with Energon?

How do you force a robot in to a stress position?

Not giving them energy or force feeding it to them.

Did Wasp actually get a trial?

Why did they think a prisoner who has been in prison for fifty+ cycles would be able to pass actionable Intel to the Desepticons.

Did longarm/soundwave arrange the escape.

If there was a trial, an eye witness as well as a Decepticon communicator was probably enough proof to convict. Considering that one of the recuring plot points is Ratchet's EMP and it's use in disabling a bot so that they don't feel pain, then I would say yes, torture is entirely possible. However, if you research military tactics, mental stress is the best way to get someone to crack. Transformers have the same mental traits as humans, thus implying that spending thousands of "cycles" in confinement would be enough to break Wasp's mind. Sentenal's misguided pursuit of Wasp isn't so much that he thinks Wasp is an active spy so much as he still thinks Wasp knows about the real traitor or leaked intel. This probably stems from the distrust of Optimus and his team on Earth as well as his unwillingness to admit being wrong in jailing Wasp in the first place. I think that Wasp escaped on his own, it is unlikely that Shockwave would have assisted the escape since Wasp has the potential to reveal Shockwave as the spy as he leads Sentenal's team back to Earth. Shockwave had complete control over Wasp while he was in prison and was no risk.

Edited by Zx31

Sari fans might be interested in this Digibash created by a TFW2005 board member based on the upcoming Figma Drossel.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...ghlight=drossel

figma_sari_drossel_bycrasis.jpg

Hmmm... that looks familiar. ;)

I'm glad you like it. I had a lot of fun making it. I just hope I can convince someone to actually paint/mod one like that in real life. Any customizers want to try it out?

Oddly enough, I didn't realize you were one in the same.

i stink at painting, but your digibash has inspired me to give it a shot once the figure releases. I'll have to figure out how to make the custom peices, though I have a few ideas depending on the size of Drossel.

I'm glad I inspired you guys! I preordered the figma Drossel figure the moment I laid eyes on it, as I had just finished watching Human Error - Part 2 and had robo Sari on the brain. I then spent a little time in Photoshop attempting to bring my vision to life. The funny thing is I'm extremely comfortable with Photoshop, as I'm an Art Director by trade, but I'm completely useless with an actual paint brush. ^_^ I'm hoping to see some great "real life" customs come from my digibash (and hopefully I can commission someone to make me one!).

If you study the original Drossel figure closely, there are even joints/holes at the exact areas where the new "Sari" parts could clip on. The ears could obviously go where the current ears go (you could, I'm assuming, pretty much trim the current ears to fit her shape). The "wings" could attach to the screw hole in her back. And the black nubs on the sides of her face could be connectors for the extra cheek bits. I don't think any glue would be needed if sculpted properly. Hell, someone should start up a garage/add-on kit. :lol:

If there was a trial, an eye witness as well as a Decepticon communicator was probably enough proof to convict. Considering that one of the recuring plot points is Ratchet's EMP and it's use in disabling a bot so that they don't feel pain, then I would say yes, torture is entirely possible. However, if you research military tactics, mental stress is the best way to get someone to crack. Transformers have the same mental traits as humans, thus implying that spending thousands of "cycles" in confinement would be enough to break Wasp's mind. Sentenal's misguided pursuit of Wasp isn't so much that he thinks Wasp is an active spy so much as he still thinks Wasp knows about the real traitor or leaked intel. This probably stems from the distrust of Optimus and his team on Earth as well as his unwillingness to admit being wrong in jailing Wasp in the first place. I think that Wasp escaped on his own, it is unlikely that Shockwave would have assisted the escape since Wasp has the potential to reveal Shockwave as the spy as he leads Sentenal's team back to Earth. Shockwave had complete control over Wasp while he was in prison and was no risk.

He must have had a terrible defense attorney because he never witnessed Wasp holding the communicator which would mean his testimony about hearing him communicating with megatron would be hearsay. Those foot locker are not secure and would the defense not try to discredit his testimony their entire case is on very shaky footing. Their must not be any cybertrnian bill of right.

He must have had a terrible defense attorney because he never witnessed Wasp holding the communicator which would mean his testimony about hearing him communicating with megatron would be hearsay. Those foot locker are not secure and would the defense not try to discredit his testimony their entire case is on very shaky footing. Their must not be any cybertrnian bill of right.

Based on what I've seen in the series as well as the comics, I don't think Ultra Magnus is too worried about Cybertronian Rights with Decepticons still posing a threat. Much like what we (the United States) have done with terror suspects, the quick solution to the problem was to put Wasp in the Stockade, guilty or not. If you consider that the Autobots are still very much "at war", it becomes another grey area decision that we've seen a lot of in the series. Mostly in the creation of the Omega Project, but also in the creation of the Twins, Sentenal's struggle with Elita's organic form, and other things that puts the writing in this series on par with Beast Wars in my book.

Edited by Zx31

Today's Episode Decepticon Air had some nice homages

Especially liked the Die Hard homages.

The scene where Optimus uses the elevator full of unstable Energon cubes as a bomb and the scene where he's exclaiming how great of time he's having trying to save Sentinel's bacon while crawling through the ship's duct-work.

Edited by Veritas