Transformers: Animated

I know. It's going to be hard to explain that one to my son after I JUST bought him the Blurr figure today (he hasn't seen the season 3 vids that were linked yet)

My son (10) was telling me and his older brother (14) about how cool Blurr is and how much cooler he is than the one from the movie (the original), just as I was about to play the youtube video for him...

Transformers Animated Art Director/Lead Character Designer Derrick J. Wyatt posted on his blog A Delightful Tedium that Blurr may or may not have expired after he was crushed into a cube during "Transwarped."

post-515-1237355092_thumb.jpg

I tried to give Blurr a way out by putting his still beating spark into the compacted cube design. Though it wasn't visible in the final animation of the cube, let's assume it's in there. So at the point Longarm Prime hands it off to CJ, Blurr is probably in severe stasis, but he is still alive.

So now the real question is, after Cliff tossed the trash down the chute, was the incinerator on? Or did the oh so compacted Blurr land harmlessly on to a pile of refuse?

Edited by chowyunskinny

It is sad as this has been the best series in a decade. I wonder why they plan on canceling such a great show?

maybe it's a case of them only needing three seasons to tell the story they want to tell? I mean, of course it's really just a vehicle to sell toys in the end...but is it possible that they never intended it to run and run until all the ideas were stale? Maybe they want to go out on top...?

maybe it's a case of them only needing three seasons to tell the story they want to tell? I mean, of course it's really just a vehicle to sell toys in the end...but is it possible that they never intended it to run and run until all the ideas were stale? Maybe they want to go out on top...?

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a case of them having told the story they wanted to tell.

I seem to recall a recent interview, from when the rumors of cancellation first started, where one of the writers was saying that he had to wrap up his story ideas this season, and not lay the groundwork for the season 4 ones that he had wanted to do.

They originally intended at least a 4th season. Supposedly after the decision was made to end the series parts of season 3 had to be changed because they were tie-ins to a further season.

I hope it isn't gone for good, as Animated ended up being the only Transformers show I actually enjoy watching and has some of the best toys ever made.

::EDIT::

Beaten by RavenHawk! *shakes fists* :p

Edited by eriku

Just posted this in the TF thread but for those of you with Animated Blurr, I see in one of the hobby shops over here that you can mod him to give him double jointed knees.

It looked like the guy unscrewed the one screw on the black part on the knee and shaved a tiny bit off around that area to allow it to move backwards. Definitely going to do this to my Blurr. Made it look reeeally nice in those running poses.

The upshot is that you can now pose him in those "damn that was a knackering run" crouching poses or more dynamic running poses too.

Edited by Alex

So was Arcee. And I'm worried that even her release will get the kibosh if the rumors be true.

Well, Hasbro has released box art for Arcee so that's one step in the right direction. So far all they've said about Omega is something along the lines of 'We'd like to'. I don't expect Omega anytime soon, but I bet we'll see him in toy for eventually.