Questions about EVA-04...

Can anyone of you guys help me out with some head scratchers? biggrin.gif

I heard Eva-04 was only lightly mentioned in the manga (not in my hands yet) and in the series,

I haven't watched the series for ages and was wondering wether some wise guy knows where

it was developed, and why and how and what happened to the silver monster?

Was it mass produced? Was this the Russian Eva produced/researched type?

Maybe it was another country that produced these, no idea. I thought the Eva-03 was american.

Gah! Help please! biggrin.gif

Specifically wanted info on wether i should invest in buying the SOC/Revotech models.

They do look cool, and i need an Eva to fit in my ultra secret sick fantasy of the only Eva-04

coming in to aid Asuka in her (Eva-02's tongue.gif) dying moments during the Eva-05 rampage.

Can anyone of you guys help me out with some head scratchers? :D

I heard Eva-04 was only lightly mentioned in the manga (not in my hands yet) and in the series,

I haven't watched the series for ages and was wondering wether some wise guy knows where

I'll try to live up to your expectations. :D

EVA03 and 04 were both created in NERV US branch, i believe its in the Nevada desert. The EVA-04 was used to test development of the S2 (Super Solenoid) engine (the red core found on Angels) which will give it unlimited power so it doesn't need to use umbilical cables. But something went wrong with the experiment and ended up with the NERV base wiped out from the map (the base is seen exploding in the anime from a overhead spy satelight). Don't read the manga so i dunno, and there are no official drawings of what EVA-04 looked like at that time, so Bandai decided to make it a silver colored version of EVA03(since they are both created in the same base) when it made the HG model kits. Later it was adopted as canon.

Just like EVA02 and 03, its called a "Production Type" Eva....but its not mass produced. The only ones mass produced are the EVA series which are 05-11, each one produced by a member of the G7 countries. Its not russian, but from america.

Maybe it was another country that produced these, no idea. I thought the Eva-03 was american.

Gah! Help please! :D

Specifically wanted info on wether i should invest in buying the SOC/Revotech models.

They do look cool, and i need an Eva to fit in my ultra secret sick fantasy of the only Eva-04

coming to aid in Asuka in her (Eva-02's :p) dying moments during the Eva-05 rampage.

My replies in blue. ;)

Wise guy enough for you?

From Wikipedia... basically what I was going to say.

While Evangelion Unit 04 never actually appears in the series, it still serves a function in the story. Unit 04 was constructed at the Second Branch of NERV in Nevada, USA, acting primarily as a test subject for S² Engine (provided by the Third Branch of Germany) experimentation. Unit 04 was destroyed along with the entire Second Branch and all facilities within an 89 km radius. The cause of the accident remains unknown. NERV determined that the incident occurred when the S² Engine was being installed in the unit, and that there were numerous factors that could have led to the accident. The very nature of the destruction itself is unknown as well. One theory behind Unit 04's destruction, suggested by Ritsuko Akagi, is that the S² Engine had opened up a Dirac sea similar to the one that was believed to comprise the twelfth Angel, Leliel. Others suggest that the machine simply converted all matter in the vicinity into pure energy when the containment field was compromised. One unsupported speculation states that the destruction could have been planned and carried out by SEELE, in a premature attempt to control NERV's acquisition of a working S² engine, but there is currently no evidence to support this. Unit 04's design is virtually identical to that of Unit 03. According to Gainax material, this unit is silver in color, with black and red detail. While Unit 04 doesn't appear on-screen in the series, it does make appearances in the continuities of various Evangelion spin-offs and games. The pilot of Eva 04 is never specified in the series; it is possible that it didn't have one during the activation test.

According to Misato in episode 22, Unit 05 and Unit 06 were originally planned to be more or less a continuation of the production model design used for Units 02-04. However, when SEELE began construction of the mass production model Eva Units 05-13, these plans were scrapped. The unfinished original Units 05 and 06 were scrapped for spare parts used to repair Unit 00 and Unit 02 after their fight with the Angel Zeruel. In Japanese, continuing the naming convention used for previous Evas, Units 05 and 06 would be GogÃ…ki and RokugÃ…ki, respectively.

Edited by Max Jenius

Guys! This is fantastic information, i thank you! :bows:

Eva-04 Fits perfectly into my fanfic/what have you.

Now i just have to revive the dead as it were, to give it a pilot. ;) ;) ;)

Another cool addition is the modified Positron Rifle!

Has anyone got SOC Eva-04? What other additions does it have?

Just the clear sheild, sub machine gun, and modified Positron? :D

Thankyou guys. :D And yes, your ALL wise guys. haha. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ha..ha..I don't know what sort of sick Eva fantasy you are up to, but you better share it with us....good to see another countryman of mine is an Eva devotee :D .

The original SOC EVAs (not the SOC Spec) have pretty high standards (my only compliants were I wish they were bigger and the joints could become a little loose after many posing) I'll some pics tonight when I am home and dig up more info tonight.

wolfx is pretty spot on about Unit 04, Bandai has some background story (in Japanese) printed on their SOC booklet. I can scan it and somebody whom can read Japanese might be able to translate it for you.

Would be fun to see Russian gets involved, a low budget commie Eva with serious nuke arsenals... :lol:

Can anyone of you guys help me out with some head scratchers? :D

Gah! Help please! :D

coming in to aid Asuka in her (Eva-02's :p) dying moments during the Eva-05 rampage.

Psst, it was Eva's 5-13 that were hte mass produced series, not 5-11.

Yeah. i thought it was 13 ....i was kinda confused since there's only 7 G7 countries. Apparently according to wiki, Germany produced 05 and 06 and another unspecified branch produced 2 as well hence 9 units instead of 7.

Keeeewwwwwllllllllllllllllll. Mowe, thanks mate!

Although i'm a little dissapointed that the only real bonus armament

is the modifed parts on the Positron, I think i'll go an treat myself to

another one of these heavy bastards. haha

I already have SOC's Eva-01 and 02, and as i said for the sake of fueling

my sick fantasy of recreating/reviving the dead to pilot the Eva-04... or,

i may just have to do some slick extra paint scheme modifications hah.

Yes, i do want an Eva-0? to come from mutha Russia. But we'll see.

But yeah, can't you guess who i want to revive??? :p;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

come on guess guess guess. :D

I am guessing...a 14yrs old blue hair red-eye chick in a flimsy tight suit wrapped in bandages fondling the head of a semi-organic giant robot that likes to go berserk when he gets a little excited... :blink:

[attachmentid=43171]

post-3608-1182412967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

America (several branches), China, Russia, and I believe some countries in Europe (Germany, home of SEELE?) were all the locations where the MP series were constructed. IIRC, The massive fanfic Eva-R dealt with their pilot being trained on Unit MP06 in France.

I once wrote a fanfiction depicting a half-mechanical (moreso than normal) eva unit constructed by Russia, using a sort of control frame similar to G-Gundam, rather than the handles used by the rest of the series. It was shorter and heavier than the "standard" evas, but ran off an Air-independent engine rather than a connection plug and batteries. Was treated with distain by the other pilots, and Ritsuko called it an abomination (this coming from the woman who practically lives with the nightmarish normal evas).

The fic was called "Critical Mass", once upon a time. Long since taken down though.

Good luck in your efforts :)

One of the MP series was produced in Russia NERV apparently.

Revive.....uhhh....Yui Ikari? Kaji? Touji? (crap i just realised all the dead ppls have "i" at the end of their names....but this is japanese names so it isn't saying much...lol)

I am guessing...a 14yrs old blue hair red-eye chick in a flimsy tight suit wrapped in bandages fondling the head of a semi-organic giant robot that likes to go berserk when he gets a little excited... :blink:

[attachmentid=43171]

NUUUU!!! Rei can stay dead.

America (several branches), China, Russia, and I believe some countries in Europe (Germany, home of SEELE?) were all the locations where the MP series were constructed. IIRC, The massive fanfic Eva-R dealt with their pilot being trained on Unit MP06 in France.

I once wrote a fanfiction depicting a half-mechanical (moreso than normal) eva unit constructed by Russia, using a sort of control frame similar to G-Gundam, rather than the handles used by the rest of the series. It was shorter and heavier than the "standard" evas, but ran off an Air-independent engine rather than a connection plug and batteries. Was treated with distain by the other pilots, and Ritsuko called it an abomination (this coming from the woman who practically lives with the nightmarish normal evas).

The fic was called "Critical Mass", once upon a time. Long since taken down though.

Good luck in your efforts :)

Cool! Thanks for sharing part of your fanfic, interesting. :D

One of the MP series was produced in Russia NERV apparently.

Revive.....uhhh....Yui Ikari? Kaji? Touji? (crap i just realised all the dead ppls have "i" at the end of their names....but this is japanese names so it isn't saying much...lol)

Uhhhh :D

IPB Image

Rasputin? ;)

Nuu!

Keeeewwwwwllllllllllllllllll. Mowe, thanks mate!

Although i'm a little dissapointed that the only real bonus armament

is the modifed parts on the Positron, I think i'll go an treat myself to

another one of these heavy bastards. haha

I already have SOC's Eva-01 and 02, and as i said for the sake of fueling

my sick fantasy of recreating/reviving the dead to pilot the Eva-04... or,

i may just have to do some slick extra paint scheme modifications hah.

But yeah, can't you guess who i want to revive??? :p;););););)

Gorbatsjov? :p

But whose to say Kaji isn't the reincarnated spirit of Rasputin??

:mellow:

:D

;):lol:

Gorbatsjov? :p

lol who lol

But seriously, Kaji is the man, who else better to divert attention so Asuka can power up enough

and regen some of those nasty injuries, rip off some wings off one of those f'n eva-05s, stick them

onto Eva-02, take to the skies and then we have a kick ass aerial battle whilst Kaji is down on earth

blowin the crap out of the remaining Eva-05's so there's nothing left of them to regen with his

modified Positron cannon. :D Ohh and Shinji, they kill him, so if they play their cards right they are

the only ones left to pro-create. hahahaha. :lol::ph34r:

Kaji is the typical hero that 'should have' saved the day imo. Somtheing special like Han saving luke,

Guy or Joe from Nadesico, wether they died or survied their presence alone was fantastic.

He died? Nah that was his double.

He's was a fricken agent after all wasn't he????? IF they can clone stupid fricken school girls they

can certainly create Kaji's clone. He's smart, he knew he was getting in too deep. Plan ahead ya bum!

sorry, needed to vent. :lol:FRACKING CRAPPY SHINJI ENDING!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Kaji didn't die cuz you didn't see him disintegrate or coughing blood. Gundam rule of death article 1:36. :p

You could just work it into your fanfic that Kaji had a personal AT Field amplifier that would give a human an AT Field as strong as an angel's for limited time. Then he proceeds to shoot the SEELE agents. ;)

Well, yeah, it wasn't established that Kaji died. We never see a body, and for all we know he could have gone into hiding for a super-secret project. *Shrugs*

Either way, i see "Kaji died, let's clone him" as a rather...rash solution to the problem. The reason why there were three reis was because (presumably) all the clones were kept in the tank and were all created (and aged) at the same time.

So unless they cloned Kaji from the beginning and his soul was somehow artificial (or if one were to somehow download Kaji's spirit into another body), this technically isn't possible without an explaination.

However, this didn't stop the Eva:R people from implying Kaji's soul returned into one of their new characters... that compliment fella.

And please, for the love of all fanfiction, avoid mary-suing. Most people don't like to read those (and I speak from experience, especially in the world of Evangelion).

Well, yeah, it wasn't established that Kaji died. We never see a body, and for all we know he could have gone into hiding for a super-secret project. *Shrugs*

Either way, i see "Kaji died, let's clone him" as a rather...rash solution to the problem. The reason why there were three reis was because (presumably) all the clones were kept in the tank and were all created (and aged) at the same time.

So unless they cloned Kaji from the beginning and his soul was somehow artificial (or if one were to somehow download Kaji's spirit into another body), this technically isn't possible without an explaination.

However, this didn't stop the Eva:R people from implying Kaji's soul returned into one of their new characters... that compliment fella.

And please, for the love of all fanfiction, avoid mary-suing. Most people don't like to read those (and I speak from experience, especially in the world of Evangelion).

Noo, i said that they cloned him 'before' he "supposeably" died. As in he set it all up.

lol i only just thought of that in the morning i wrote it anyways, they should have just added an extra

15 minutes as a directors cut where an "insert Kaji saves the day" scenario, and that would please

like... EVERYONE. :ph34r:

Man i have to be honest with ya i haven't seen the series in AGES, and i was dead sure i remember

seeing in an episode Kaji's bloody body, maybe that was a dream, i'm trying to remember, i thought it

'was' clear he died. But *shrugs*.

Yeah yeah i know, but it's a fanfic, and it's a hell of alot a better ending than Shinji's all important

screaming and freaking like a girl instead of using Eva-01 to kick ass like he should have.

Mary-suing? Please explain. :D I'm new to fanfic'n as most of the stuff i watch is good enough for

me to not tamper with in my own mind. :p Except Eva, it needed a better ending imo as mentioned lol.

As for growing Kaji's clone, why not accelerate growth... uhh or something.... lol i dunno. :lol: haha

and Wolfx, i prefer Kaji to kill Eva-05's than waste his time shooting humans. In an Eva-04, kewl.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

seeing in an episode Kaji's bloody body, maybe that was a dream, i'm trying to remember, i thought it

'was' clear he died. But *shrugs*.

<..snip>

and Wolfx, i prefer Kaji to kill Eva-05's than waste his time shooting humans. In an Eva-04, kewl.

In the series you just hear a gunshot as he got cornered by SEELE agents. People assume he was dead since Misato found out and started binge drinking in depression.

And i was just describing how he would've been saved in that scene. He can still kick EVA05 ass.....with his human sized lance of longinus. :lol:

i'd always thought that EVA-04 was pushed aside by the producers and writers...EVA-04 having designed by Americans and several other countries, exploded...versus the other EVAs which were designed by the Japanese.

...a statement there that japanese products superior versus other products especially american.

ie: cars: toyota versus gmc or ford.

just a thought, what do you guys think?

If you look at it, both American Evangelions suffered problems. 03 turned out to be the host for an evil monster and 04 disappeared in a massive explosion. Meanwhile, Germany and Japan produced "superior quality" evangelions that save the day.

Then again, maybe it's good for once that our country doesn't hog the spotlight in saving the world *Shrugs*.

In the series you just hear a gunshot as he got cornered by SEELE agents. People assume he was dead since Misato found out and started binge drinking in depression.

IIRC, some also believe that it was Misato who killed Kaji. I'm not sure what evidence was presented exactly, but I've heard it existing in several places.

Mary-suing? Please explain. :D

In as short of a statement as I can make it, a 'Mary-Sue' is a character (often fan created) that is made out to be better than everyone else. Basically they come out of nowhere with a tragic past and everyone instantly likes them without any chance for character development. They also defeat the bad guys with little or no effort, just for the sake of cool-ness. There's an entire wikipedia article on it.

And just because Kaji is an established character doesn't make him impervious to mary-suing. For a Fanfic to be enjoyable, I've found, it's best to stay as close to character as possible (unless you present a very good explanation as to why your Kaji behaves differently than the in-series Kaji.)

For example, there was no evidence in the series that proved Kaji was an exceptional martial artist, or that he knew how to use a super spear of alien origin designed to stop angels (the Lance of Longitus). To have him suddenly belt out mad 1337 skills with no training on an Eva without significant explanation just makes the fic reek of screaming fans with little concern for story.

Man i have to be honest with ya i haven't seen the series in AGES

*shrugs* it might help to review the series once or twice to get a feel for events that happened, or just to hear what the characters were saying. When I've written eva fics in the past, I've always had the DVDs on hand to go back and check sequences of the series that my fiction takes place in and around. Even re-watching the series and listening to what the characters are saying gives a better feel for who they are, and makes them more real in your fic.

But then, it's your fic. I'm just offering what wisdom I have to make your fic appeal to a larger audience.

lol@EVA-R

I once thought they were "the stuff" since they received an official letter from Gainax and even had some of the American dubbers assist in the audio production. But after reading some criticism and agreeing with it, I've come to think that they have the attention they do because they made an entire website to host their one idea of an Eva continuity.

Edited by Boxer

.. But then, it's your fic. I'm just offering what wisdom I have to make your fic appeal to a larger audience.

Thanks for the wisdom, lol ;):rolleyes:

Yeah it is my fic, and i never intended to make it available to any audience, only myself. :p

And btw, in my mind Kaji never used the spear, or "1337" martial art skills that would make Jet+Jackie

cry, i said he'd be using the modified Positrion. Any dumb ass can pull the comp/targetting assisted trigger

of a "big" gun. Watching the movie, the Eva-05's were particulary slow moving, easy snipe pickings really.

I have the series, if i intended to make any effort to create a fanfic i'd be researching the ass out of it.

Without consulting my dvds, if anyone would be using the "spear" it would be Asuka, with her nice sporting

new Eva-05 spare part wings on her Beserk Eva-02. hahah.

And this thread is all about warranting my buying the SOC Eva-04. For out of box display (with or

without) a new colour scheme purpose. (maybe Russian) B)) Ohh and probably the Revoltech too.

btw ruskii before u decide to buy the EVA04 SOC, i would suggest you check it out in proper pictures online. There was a reason why i never got the SOC EVA04 and that was because of its hideaous discolored hands. The hands don't look like the grey in those production shots. The colors were almost a close color to EVA01's purple and you can imagine chromed silver + purple is just hideous. Just though i'd warn you.

A way to get around that is to use the spare from Eva-03.

btw ruskii before u decide to buy the EVA04 SOC, i would suggest you check it out in proper pictures online. There was a reason why i never got the SOC EVA04 and that was because of its hideaous discolored hands. The hands don't look like the grey in those production shots. The colors were almost a close color to EVA01's purple and you can imagine chromed silver + purple is just hideous. Just though i'd warn you.

i'd always thought that EVA-04 was pushed aside by the producers and writers...EVA-04 having designed by Americans and several other countries, exploded...versus the other EVAs which were designed by the Japanese.

...a statement there that japanese products superior versus other products especially american.

ie: cars: toyota versus gmc or ford.

just a thought, what do you guys think?

It's a common theme in anime. A couple of examples I can think of are Super Atragon and Space Cruiser Yamato, where the purposefully white/caucasian dominant military power fails to vanquish the enemy and mankind is rescued by the Japanese underdog force. Japanese culture mocks the West as much as it admires it or tries to emulate it...

It's a common theme in anime. A couple of examples I can think of are Super Atragon and Space Cruiser Yamato, where the purposefully white/caucasian dominant military power fails to vanquish the enemy and mankind is rescued by the Japanese underdog force. Japanese culture mocks the West as much as it admires it or tries to emulate it...

In R.O.D OVA and TV series, the US president is depicted as a coward who pisses himself. :lol:

• 6 years later...