Custom 1/48 VF-1S Minmay Guard "Paris Act" by wickedpr1nce

Roy's Blues

This Minmay Guard Paris Act was made by wickedpr1nce at my behest. It is the centerpiece of my collection. If Yamato ever does decide to make one, I'll be buying it just to compare the two.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Nai...Minmay%20Guard/

Random shots from the gallery above

post-867-1182285795_thumb.jpg

post-867-1182285811_thumb.jpg

post-867-1182285878_thumb.jpg

post-867-1182285895_thumb.jpg

post-867-1182285912_thumb.jpg

post-867-1182285948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

My G.. that is the most beautiful custom I have ever laid eyes on. I really like the clean and crisp finish. Not sure how much you paid for it but many congratulations. Did the artist use Anasazi decals?

Edited by skull001

it seems as though he didnt use any decals for the blue markings...did he? looks like airbrush-ing to me

I meant the Minmay, 'sponsors', 'no step', and all the small detailed images etc. If it's from Anasazi's then we wont be able to own one of these beauties unless Yamato steps in.

Even then I doubt it'll look better than this. Yamato can't even get my VF-1S tailfin skull straight! :rolleyes:

Noice! That def. is one top notch paint job alright, it really looks like it's an official release. Gratz.

see below

wow, that is a sweet custom. Got to agree with veritas, that paint job looks so clean.

see below

My G.. that is the most beautiful custom I have ever laid eyes on. I really like the clean and crisp finish. Not sure how much you paid for it but many congratulations. Did the artist use Anasazi decals?

The artist did use Anasazi decals. The paint apps are very light

Did you have the Minmay Moon Guard Image applied on the leg? I always find that pic of Minmay very cute.

Yes, I agree. It is why I ordered the "Paris" act over the "Moon" act

IPB Image

What? No panel lines? That Valk sucks!

Just talking out of envy here :p

I am not a big fan of panel lines, so no offense taken!

/I likes my valks to look like they just rolled off the showroom floor.

//Low vis 1 being the exception.

I meant the Minmay, 'sponsors', 'no step', and all the small detailed images etc. If it's from Anasazi's then we wont be able to own one of these beauties unless Yamato steps in.

Even then I doubt it'll look better than this. Yamato can't even get my VF-1S tailfin skull straight! :rolleyes:

Since Nightstalker closed his shop, good luck finding some decals.

/stupid impatient A-holes ruining a fan run service for fans!

OP do you have a CM or other Minmay for it to guard? imo this would look best posed with a minmay figure.

Nope, I have yet to see one I like.

How much are people paying for a custom like that nowadays, (if I'm not being indiscreet)?

Well, there's the cost of the Valk+ FP, say 180.00. Then the decals, IIRC 25.00. Shipping to customizer 15.00-20.00. Customizer fee 200.00-300.00 (This is very loose estimation)

So the total can be anywhere from 420.00 to 525.00

That said, "your milage may very" :D:p

That's beautiful. Wish Yamato would make an official one.

I think everybody wants Yamato to make an official one, the problem I see though, is trying to get rights from Haswegawa to do something like that, which Yamato probably isn't interested in pursuing when they can keep pumping out their own slightly less-cool stuff. Who knows, maybe one day they'll sell a VF1S (Roy Fokker style) with a red and blue Hikaru pilot.... and charge the usual price. ;)

Hey, everybody. It's good to be back! I did this the day Macrossworld went out. I was so dissapointed I couldn't show it off to you all that same day, but now that MW is back in business so am I :) .

I didn't know where to post this and since I used one of wickedpr1nce's custom pics, I thought I'd post it here. (Now that I think of it, there's a fan art section, doesn't it?)

The image hasn't the best of resolutions, but the pic and the background I found on Google were too small, so don't ask me for a bigger file for your desktop, sorry :( . Anyway, the idea was to have fun and I've been looking forward to do something like this for a while, so enjoy and thanks to wickedpr1nce for the pic.

post-1636-1183437563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

heh, odd to see the strike pack in atmosphere but it's a nice composite all the same.

The pic's color and light fuzziness suggested it was taken in a rainy day, it is possible to change that in Photoshop but it takes more time and besides space is boring, so I decided to search for a sky full of clouds. Not that a VF-1 with Strikes can't fly on atmospheric conditions. Maybe it just entered the atmosphere and it's about to detatch them?