Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

I missed this week's episode and tried to catch it on Fox's website, but it defaults to the pilot and the interface hides the arrows for choosing other episodes as soon as it loaded. Anyone else having that problem?

I believe this week's episode was a re-airing of the pilot episode.

Saw the first two episodes this past week and boy is this show weak sauce. Special FX are really cheesy and the acting is far worse. It's like a really bad 80's mini tv show drama, The Hulk meets, V, meets Starman. Sarah and John bickering all the time is what kills this show, after T2 I think John wouldn't have to be told time and time again to do this and that. The girl from Firefly "River" yes she is growing into her looks but she is no Terminator. Still she is better than all the high school coach looking Terminators that cant even pull off walking like they have a stick up their butt. The old Robocop TV had more promise than this.

Saw the first two episodes this past week and boy is this show weak sauce. Special FX are really cheesy and the acting is far worse. It's like a really bad 80's mini tv show drama, The Hulk meets, V, meets Starman. Sarah and John bickering all the time is what kills this show, after T2 I think John wouldn't have to be told time and time again to do this and that. The girl from Firefly "River" yes she is growing into her looks but she is no Terminator. Still she is better than all the high school coach looking Terminators that cant even pull off walking like they have a stick up their butt. The old Robocop TV had more promise than this.

How in the world can you compare robocop with more promise to this? Robocop the series took out all the good parts that made Robocop bad ass 0_o he flippin killed ppl left and right and he didn't need no AI fairy girl to help him out.

Next......we've only had 3 episodes and you really wanna go judgemental on a series that just began....there hasn't even been enough time for good character developement. Not too mention I'd bicker with my mom when I'm full of stress and having "Save the world" crap jammed down my throat every time to the point I can't live a life.

I'm sorry :p but a person with a name like "SaveRobotech" you're opinions have become biased buddy ;)

How in the world can you compare robocop with more promise to this? Robocop the series took out all the good parts that made Robocop bad ass 0_o he flippin killed ppl left and right and he didn't need no AI fairy girl to help him out.

Next......we've only had 3 episodes and you really wanna go judgemental on a series that just began....there hasn't even been enough time for good character developement. Not too mention I'd bicker with my mom when I'm full of stress and having "Save the world" crap jammed down my throat every time to the point I can't live a life.

I'm sorry :p but a person with a name like "SaveRobotech" you're opinions have become biased buddy ;)

Haven't been in one of these kind of mud slinging posts in a while there always fun. Obviously we all know the Robocop TV series was crap. It was just the punch line to the end of my post and at the same time bait for somebody to raise from the ranks and through the first stone at my opinion of the T series. I gave up on the Robocop show after two episodes thanks for the refresh because for the life of me I couldn't remember anything about it.

The two most important characters in this series Sarah and John have both already been developed in two other T moves (and not counting T2 the ride), and this show just patronizes what they both were already developed as. So they should have nailed these two characters out the starting gate, instead they just irritate. As for the new female Terminator there is nothing to develop she is a Terminator you know "A thinking Computer" so unless she goes and steals DATA's emotion chip how can she develop at all.

Yeah I see your point about bickering but so far that the only way the characters interact with each other and it got old by the middle of the first episode.

So other than the Robocop joke and the bickering which is the only thing that has to do with my real opinion of the show. Would you like to comment on the other issue I pointed out about this show of weak sauce?

No apology necessary, dealing with peoples responses like your is how I chose a name like "SaveRobotech". :D

Edited by SaveRobotech

While hunting John Connor:

"Life-forms." *pumps shotgun* " You tiny little life-forms." *shoots shotgun and throws it down* " You precious life-forms." *whips out pistol and starts shooting* "Where are you? Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo."

Uh since when does a robot have a past. Her past would only be relevant in Firefly but in this show why? She a bot, she was made then sent into the past to save john nuff said. Having a past would mean that she should have emotion other wise it would just be a robot skeleton running around killing people.

WTF? everything has a past, emotional or otherwise. My car has a past. Her past is a bit intriguing because she's a terminator working for humans. How does that happen? Why does the other Terminator only recognize her as an "Unknown Cyborg?" When they go to see humans sent back in time she makes some cryptic remark about how those particular humans have seen her before. Were they the humans that caught her originally? How has she been modified? Why did John send her of all things back in time? Why does she know so much information about John like the stories his mother read?

Edited by jenius

Yeah but too bad they never finished that fight during the super bowl. At the end the Terminator was about to get ganged up by 2 more super bowl bots. Heh, it's the Terminator, when you think it's dead, it comes back and kicks your ass.

lol, my wife watched 10 mins of the new show and then realized it was a terminator show... her reaction: "holy crap, they made a terminator show? I'm going to stab myself." she's not a fan.

After 10 more minutes... now I'm not allowed to even watch the show while she's home or awake... apparantly the dialogue alone is enough to drive her crazy.

Edited by eugimon

Sarah Connor sure did a sh**y job of raising John to be some hero that'll be the ultimate human badass in the future. She was supposedly taking him all over, teaching him how to handle weapons, blow stuff up, hack things, and all that, and what she couldn't teach she'd have other's teach to him. If after all that time, she didn't teach him how to drive stick, she's retarded...

Or the writers are retarded... I'm going with the writers are retarded.

Hey atleast my theory was right to this resistance soldier has some sort of a connection to Sarah and John and it was exactly what I thought it could be.

And next week it looks like we get to see some highlights of the future war and they don't have those sh1tty T3 HK flyers but the originals YAY ORIGINALS!

ha! this shows still on? i thought it got canceled after 2 weeks.

i guess its a hit or its better than nothing...i'm going with better than nothing

:huh: well t hey went into a temporary hiatus to replay the first 2 episodes...sorry it got your hopes up? Guess some people don't know a decent show even if it bit them in the ass.

Just checking this thread to see if people like this show. Guess not. It's a pity because the Terminator saga has the potential for both good story and great action, but all we get is a rehash of everything we already saw.

And we all know whose fault that is, don't we EXO?

I'm still watching it to see where it goes. I like Cameron. :)

It sticks out that Cameron never revealed what type of cyborg she is, it seems obvious that it was left out deliberately.

Also, in Ep.5 Cameron seemed surprised upon inspection of the chip pulled out from the terminator, it's gotta be a hidden plot device.

And yeah, Summer Glau is cute in an unorthodox kind of way, and has awesome figure. :)

Summer Glau in person is amazing. She came to a con down here a couple of years ago, and i fell in love with her a little ;) She had so much life and energy. Amber benson was the same actually.

Episode 5 was a good one i thought. Its started slow, but i think we're getting into it properly now.

Also i didnt get the impression Cameron was surprised at the chip. it seemed to be a moment of self realisation. she had just killed something the same way that she could be taken down someday as well.

I enjoyed last night's episode... I think mostly because it didn't involve Cromarti or whatever his name is. That whole plot line is LAME. Also, why did Reese lie about killing Andy?

yeah, the show is starting to shape up and the actors feel more comfortable in their roles, imo.