I am Legend

Ladic

In the original story they are basically vampires, not zombies.

Speaking of which i picked up the book, haven't strated reading it yet... but i wonder how closely the new movie will follow the original novel? Other than the fact that's it already set in New York instead of Los Angeles of course.

Edited by Veritas

I actually checked out the book last year but never got around to reading it, was pointed to it as a quasi-vampire/zombie book with a last man on earth theme. The movie trailer didn't really thrill me too much, but the premise of the book is interesting. Wonder why they moved the locale from LA to NY though.

I actually checked out the book last year but never got around to reading it, was pointed to it as a quasi-vampire/zombie book with a last man on earth theme. The movie trailer didn't really thrill me too much, but the premise of the book is interesting. Wonder why they moved the locale from LA to NY though.

I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the scene in the trailer where the jets destroy the bridge? I was trying to rationalize why they'd be ordered to do that, and the only thing I could come up with was that it'd make it harder for... something... to get off of the island? Kind of a strange plot point if the last survivor can't find a way to get a boat and get off, though.

• 5 months later...

Saw it on IMAX

Great visuals of the empty city. Good tense moments. The Infected people CGI looked a bit off. When you first see them they are together in a corner. They were acting weird. My first thought was. Do they have Will Smith's dog? I couldn't see a dog but they doing something weird. OMG are they ganging rapping his dog or just all jacking off together?

They never showed what they were doing but Will Smith captures a female and I don't recall seeing any more infected females. The leader of them (none of them talked) seem to out to get Will Smith. Maybe she was their only female.

Okay so now that you are disgusted. It was PG-13. I wouldn't take kids to see it or 13 years olds. No Zombies, Dogs or Will Smith are rapped on camera.

Will did a good job acting in it. 3 Years alone and he's going a bit insane. Good movie but could been a lot better by being about 30 minutes longer. As soon he find some more normal people there is final battle the next day. It just ends too soon. Like they ran over budget and had to cut things short.

There is gag in the movie. You see a billboard for a Batman/Superman Movie.

I'm trying to finish the book now before watching the movie next week.

My friend saw it last night. He wasn't too clear of what he said about the Superman/Batman movie.

But he did say, a trailer of the Superman Vs. Batman movie will be shown on this movie.

If interested, go check out The Last Man on Earth, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1663597729999672400

and then Omega Man, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=69...h&plindex=0

...and lastly watch I Am Legend.

Edited by doodler7

This was more The Omega Man than The Last Man on Earth. His home looks alot like the Omega one, and wasn't he cruising in a mustang in that one as well? The infected had some kind of pack-mentality though and if they had the ability to say words they didn't unlike the other versions. I enjoyed it, but it seemed too quick for my survior-horror hopes. The timespan of the movie's only about 3 days if you exclude the flashbacks. I personally liked his bacon rant. :p

He wasn't too clear of what he said about the Superman/Batman movie.

Like Roy said it was a poster with a Memorial-Day release date but an obscure year. They did show a teaser for the new Batman movie with actual footage which was nice.

It was pretty a good movie. Not one of the best of the year by any means, but a serviceable flick. Certainly a better survival horror movie than Resident Evil Extinction. Will Smith was quite good here, with a minimal amount of mugging for the camera. If I had a beef with the film, it's that the ending was a little weak. And by "little" I mean very much so. Like Wes said, it's more Omega Man than I Am Legend. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. It just would be nice to see the real story someday.

the movie was okay, It could have had another 30 to finish off a few details and make it more interesting, I am just wondering how that lady survived the drive from MD to NY without running into the mutants.

I wouldn't pay the movie price but maybe rent it, its was at the most 6/10.

Ugh, I listened to one of the morning shows pan this movie as being a rip off of 28 days later. I hate how wrong that is. I haven't seen the movie yet but at least I'm well aware that it's based on a book that has inspired two previous attempts at a movie.

It's been a long time since I saw Omega Man, but didn't it end with one of Chuck Heston's trademark death scenes?

Yes, he takes a spear to the chest and falls into a city fountain, turning the water red as he bleeds out.

I saw I Am Legend and was a bit disappointed. Mainly by the poor CGI on the Dark Seekers. Plus, they tended to show no physical damage at all. The main bad guy tries to break through very thick safety glass doors by repeatedly ramming it with his FACE like 20 times. And he never bleeds. COME ON!!! His face would have been pulp after a few hits, I don't think rabies makes your face invulnerable. That was lame as hell.

Like Roy said it was a poster with a Memorial-Day release date but an obscure year. They did show a teaser for the new Batman movie with actual footage which was nice.

Yeah, it was for Memorial Day 2010. The Superman logo over the Batman logo. I thought that wa s nice touch.

I agree that the last 1/4th of the movie loses focus right when it's trying to clear things up. There's so much that could've been used like

Will Smith says that the infected have de-evolved and that there is nothing human, yet fails to notice that A) the leader one was pissed because his lady got snatched and wanted her back, and B) that the leader guy used dogs, which were clearly under his command. That shows quite a bit of intelligence and a remnant of humanism (as well as the continuing relationship that man and dog share even when infected). We discussed this afterwards and felt it was eiither due to a poor script, or that Smith's character was so caught up on being alone, human, and wanting to heal them, that he failed to see there was still something left. His suicide/martyrdom at the end was simply too rushed. This movie really did need 30 more minutes and, like

Chrono dais, maybe the director's cut will fix that.

It was still sad when he had to kill Samantha.

Yeah, it was for Memorial Day 2010. The Superman logo over the Batman logo. I thought that wa s nice touch.

I agree that the last 1/4th of the movie loses focus right when it's trying to clear things up. There's so much that could've been used like

Will Smith says that the infected have de-evolved and that there is nothing human, yet fails to notice that A) the leader one was pissed because his lady got snatched and wanted her back, and B) that the leader guy used dogs, which were clearly under his command. That shows quite a bit of intelligence and a remnant of humanism (as well as the continuing relationship that man and dog share even when infected). We discussed this afterwards and felt it was eiither due to a poor script, or that Smith's character was so caught up on being alone, human, and wanting to heal them, that he failed to see there was still something left. His suicide/martyrdom at the end was simply too rushed. This movie really did need 30 more minutes and, like

Human behavior not human actions.

It's done to show how little he really knew despite his research. The audience could clearly put two-and-two together while he had to learn the hard way. Everything happened too quick to amend his comments formally.

Again we should have gotten a week of post-apocalyptic action.

You know, that was probably one of the saddest moments in movies that I've seen involving animals since Dances with Wolves.

Now, regarding that scene, the people I went to see the movie with couldn't agree on who set the trap that Neville ended up being snared by. Some believed that the Infected had set up the trap, others felt that Neville himself had set the trap but due to his developing madness he forgot about the trap and fell victim to it. I say that although the movie wasn't clear on the capabilities or intelligence of the Infected, they somehow managed to figure out a pulley/cable system to trap Neville. Also, it's a real stretch to claim that Neville and his dog somehow positioned a taxi-cab into a trap with no help...

Watched it this past Thursday night, but haven't had much of a chance to come online since. Spectacular first two thirds, wonderfully engrossing performance from Wil Smith and a lame studio ending. Overall, plenty of great effects, plenty of potential and the disappointment of a weak ending we've come to expect from the average big budget studio film. The darkened office building/parkade sequence was by far the best part of the film. Smith's acting MADE that scene.

I was able to "somehow" see this movie just yesterday :ph34r:

My thoughts on it sounds just like many of you: The movie was too short, IMO. I didn't want it to end so quickly, I felt there was alot more to be done. The ending was a bit "meh" as was the quick conclusion. But everything before was great. The dark warehouse was an outstanding scene, and Will Smith sold it really well. The monsters I felt didn't really mesh well with the movie. It's not the design, it's just how the CGI was done made them negatively stand out.

And too bad about the dog, too.

I was able to "somehow" see this movie just yesterday :ph34r:

My thoughts on it sounds just like many of you: The movie was too short, IMO. I didn't want it to end so quickly, I felt there was alot more to be done. The ending was a bit "meh" as was the quick conclusion. But everything before was great. The dark warehouse was an outstanding scene, and Will Smith sold it really well. The monsters I felt didn't really mesh well with the movie. It's not the design, it's just how the CGI was done made them negatively stand out.

And too bad about the dog, too.

yeah, honestly, I thought they could have done the infected with sfx and they could just tweaked the mouths with CGI.